Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
play A Robot Named Fight

thats my entire contribution thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
also related to my A Robot Named Fight recommendation it was also just made open source for the more nerdy among us

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/603530/view/3293844171243621529

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

moosferatu posted:

I got to the final boss in A Robot Named Fight last night, but failed to beat it. I've played for around 7 hours total so far. The dev did a really great job with the procedural generation, and there's a lot of weapon/item variety. Successful runs are only around 2 hours long, so there's a fun power spike. I definitely recommend giving it a shot, and I will certainly continue to play it off and on.

A few criticisms, the movement items are mostly worthless and only used to clear a gate here or there. One category of upgrade are these robotic orbs that hover around you and do various things. I find them annoying and make it a little harder to see what's going on on the screen. There is one particular type of screen that has ended multiple of my runs. You have to quickly jump on crumbling platforms with spikes above you and spikes and a floor monster below you. If you fall, it is incredibly easy to get stun locked to death in a matter of seconds. Final complaint, I don't like the name of the game, but other than that it's great.
part of that is because the game is designed with sequence breaking in mind, there's a lot of ways of just ignoring any sort of movement requirement or getting around gates. the only thing that is a hard lock afaik is anything that requires going thru 1 tile gaps.