Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Y'all need to play Forma.8. It is the chillest, exploration focused Metroidvania.

You play a cool little round droid floating around at a relaxing pace, bosses are more puzzle fights than anything requiring reflexes and it just exudes a pure zen atmosphere.

It's a good game to cool down from sweating over Hollowknight.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Are you all media illiterate? The speaker presenting Peterson quotes in Messenger is intended to come off as a pompous idiot who obviously doesn't know what they're talking about.

It's hilarious in context

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

BurningBeard posted:

Yo goons. I’m looking for a new game to play that I don’t have to overthink and metroidvanias are probably my best bet while still being deep enough to play around with. So in the interest of that what would you guys recommend say from the last five-seven years?

Check out forma.8

It's 99% exploration, super chill

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

Spermanent Record posted:

I like Blasphemous but something about it just makes me want to play other things. Hope the sequel is good though!

Has anyone played a Robot Named Fight? I tried a couple of runs last night and it didn't grab me. The aiming system and placement of enemies seem to be designed to completely work against one another. Does it get better after you unlock a few more permanent systems?

Yeah I'm a big fan of A Robot Named Fight. It's a straight up Super Metroid love letter, my only real complaints about it are some of the shops/shrines kind of expect you to pop a wiki open to get an optimal reward from them. The rest of the game is real fun, especially the final boss.

Some of the runs feel pretty different based on what weapon upgrades or subweapons are seeded for the run, and one or two of the upgrades make you insanely durable. Enemy placement doesn't really change though