Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Enjoying this meltdown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Some of those who work forces
Are the same who enjoy crossing routes

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

sweet thursday posted:

lol

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

CubanMissile posted:

Please educate me on the non-exploitative methods of entertainment you consume.

The NFL is uniquely exploitive at all levels, from its business model to culture to its relationship with workers and potential workers.

Basketball has many of the same issues with culture and management but the issues are not issues re: the NBA specifically rather America on the whole, and generally the nba is 69,420x more labor empowered

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

sweet thursday posted:

lmao

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Basketball whips rear end, it’s true. Big Jeff

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Imagining ja morant as a slot WR. His one series before getting obliterated by a cheap shot from a pittsburg steeler would own

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Guys in the nfl league offices are probably creaming their jorts over this shitshow

it’s wall to wall nfl coverage currently and then they get to make sweeping proclamations about how they are updating player safety protocols for the good of the game, here’s a commercial about new advanced helmets!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Imagining jokic as the third Manning brother and just dropping dimes everywhere

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Imagining ja morant as a slot WR. His one series before getting obliterated by a cheap shot from a pittsburg steeler would own

It’s actually kinda funny how many lumbering bulky second rate college basketball guys have gone on to have productive nfl careers

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

You can’t call the protocol “mind boggling” when it’s been purposefully crafted to absolve everyone involved of as much responsibility as possible and let no one suffer any consequences. That’s its entire purpose, to provide cover.

It’s only “mind boggling” if you’re giving the league any benefit of the doubt lol

Not really. You’re just viewing the opposite of your view and putting that context on it.

For instance - it’s mind boggling that the nflpa agreed to it.

See?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

Not really. You’re just viewing the opposite of your view and putting that context on it.

For instance - it’s mind boggling that the nflpa agreed to it.

See?

Yeah you’re assuming I think the NFLPA isn’t a captured institution here

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Suppose we’ll see their response. I have to think you’ll see something quick from them - lawsuit on Tuas behalf most likely? I’m not entirely sure the process for filing a grievance against a team and their doctors

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Suppose we’ll see their response. I have to think you’ll see something quick from them - lawsuit on Tuas behalf most likely? I’m not entirely sure the process for filing a grievance against a team and their doctors

Lol there is no chance

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Amy Pole Her posted:

Good lord lol this is exactly what I’m talking about

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Amy Pole Her posted:

I don’t get the impression that Tua or his family think the Dolphins did anything wrong.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I can't possibly express the degree to which that isn't happening. It is the very definition of never.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The nfl is sad to report that Tua got hurt

Be the first to view exclusive behind the scenes clips of what went on in the medical tent, only in the metaverse brought to you by oculus quest!!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am suing the dolphins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

By all means, explain.

And didn’t see this posted elsewhere. Id have to think the NFLPA will do something.

quote:

As explained by Michael Smith on the Amazon postgame show, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith texted to Andrew Whitworth (a former NFLPA player rep) and Richard Sherman (a member of the NFLPA executive committee) the following message: “We insisted on these rules to avoid exactly this scenario. We will pursue every legal option, including making referrals against the doctors to licensing agencies and the team that is obligated to keep our players safe.”

mdemone posted:

I can't possibly express the degree to which that isn't happening. It is the very definition of never.

What’s this based on, just general negativity towards the nflpa?

Edit to really hammer home the “you can’t trust players to act in their best interest”…

https://twitter.com/safid_deen/status/1575909985250426880?s=46&t=3e3WFG1EQCMQH-9Uu5Wftg

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 30, 2022

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ehud posted:

I am suing the dolphins

Thank you

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...
How's Tyrod's lawsuit going against the Chargers doctor because that could also set some precedent for how the NFL/NFLPA tries to point the finger at eachother. Not saying Tua would actually sue though.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
The nfl are poo poo heads and so am I

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mdemone posted:

Lol there is no chance

I mean, Tyrod is suing the Chargers/NFL for puncturing his lung, so.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

a neat cape posted:

I mean, Tyrod is suing the Chargers/NFL for puncturing his lung, so.

Yea, but the NFLPA isn’t despite their investigation concluding that it was a clear medical error. They could have pursued a grievance but chose not to when Tyrod declined to file one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

quote:

“As soon as we finish that review, we’ll release the results of that to everyone,” Dr. Sills said. “We want to be as transparent and open about this as possible. We certainly want to learn, to improve, to get better. And we want to be the best in the world at diagnosing and managing these injuries. And so if we find that we fell short, or if we find that there are things that we need to change, we will certainly be up front about doing that. We’ve done that before, and we will certainly do that again, if that’s what’s indicated."

Oh! OK!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Let me clear this up: all 31 other teams would have done the exact same thing.
Nah, if it happened to Mayfield the Panthers would have sent out Darnold, then done direct snaps to McCaffery.

Then after everyone is injured in their own particular way, I dunno, just kneel three times and punt or request a forfeit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/KingJosiah54/status/1575968603895083008

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Players and organizations successfully sue the NFL all the time. The NFL actually has a pretty woeful court record. Probably because of all the crimes.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Edit to really hammer home the “you can’t trust players to act in their best interest”…

I mean by definition they're literally not thinking right or about anything other than wanting to play and need someone to look out for them. Which in this instance (and in many if not most other instances) has failed every step of the way.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The guy with a brain injury is making bad decisions.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

the Dolphins are a terrible organization run by evil monsters, but so are the other teams. Fins Up

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

epic bacon posted:

the Dolphins are a terrible organization run by evil monsters, but so are the other teams. Fins Up

this is true except the fins up part. the nfl is deeply exploitative and awful

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

BuT hE wAs ClEaReD bY aN iNdEpEnDeNt Dr
https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1576270922763227136

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Wait.....what?!?

Okay now there's a lawsuit a-percolatin'

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That "several mistakes" needs so many scare quotes around it that Tua was trying to form them with his hands as he was out on the field.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

mdemone posted:

Wait.....what?!?

Okay now there's a lawsuit a-percolatin'
Lmao

mdemone posted:

Lol there is no chance

Lol

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Glad they found their scapegoat. We’re on to New York.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

But their own doctor said it was a back injury. They said that they tested him every day for concussions, too.

That guy is definitely a scapegoat. The Dolphins are gonna try and wash their hands of responsibility too when it's clear they were lying about poo poo and put him out there after everyone with two functioning eyes could tell Tua got concussed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Do you guys think NFLPA means the NFL’s Pennsylvania office? lol

The NFLPA are the ones who terminated the doctor. This wasn’t a decision by the NFL or Dolphins. It was the player’s union.

And it’s just step one. The team can still be held responsible.