Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

Do you guys think NFLPA means the NFL’s Pennsylvania office? lol

The NFLPA are the ones who terminated the doctor. This wasn’t a decision by the NFL or Dolphins. It was the player’s union.

And it’s just step one. The team can still be held responsible.

I'm curious how many times you're going to have to point this out before people actually get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The NFL can still conclude that it was that guys fault clap the PA on the back for a job well done and pretend everything is fixed.

The PA did right by their member on one account but it remains to be seen if there's any more.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ehud posted:

Do you guys think NFLPA means the NFL’s Pennsylvania office? lol

The NFLPA are the ones who terminated the doctor. This wasn’t a decision by the NFL or Dolphins. It was the player’s union.

And it’s just step one. The team can still be held responsible.

Extremely weird reactions to this news. Outside of it being the PA that fired him the dude should absolutely be fired no matter who did it. He has exactly one job and as the only person on the sideline who is supposedly an expert in doing that one job and he failed spectacularly at it!

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The NFL can still conclude that it was that guys fault clap the PA on the back for a job well done and pretend everything is fixed.

The PA did right by their member on one account but it remains to be seen if there's any more.

It’s this. Obviously the guy didn’t do his job correctly and deserved to be fired but now the NFL and the team can just pin all the blame on him since the PA shot first.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this thread needs to be closed until everything is sorted through. there's a lot to figure out and it's just people shouting a different name angrily each day. what if you curse someone and something bad happens to them and it turns out you should have cursed someone else?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I have no idea what else is going to happen. I am happy this person who didn’t do a good job was fired and I hope anyone else who hosed up is also held responsible.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i was just fooling. there are no stakes in the thread. gently caress Galu Tagovailoa for forcing his son to throw left handed to be honest. much less gently caress than the doctor and the nfl however.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Cavauro posted:

this thread needs to be closed until everything is sorted through. there's a lot to figure out and it's just people shouting a different name angrily each day. what if you curse someone and something bad happens to them and it turns out you should have cursed someone else?

"Charlie Batch" I scream at the sky

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Cavauro posted:

i was just fooling. there are no stakes in the thread. gently caress Galu Tagovailoa for forcing his son to throw left handed to be honest. much less gently caress than the doctor and the nfl however.

is forcing your son to be left-handed any more insane than forcing circumcision on your son? my 11,000 page essay to follow

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

CubanMissile posted:

Please educate me on the non-exploitative methods of entertainment you consume.

Remember:

"If things are bad, they'll always BE bad, so why try to improve things?"

Or were you going more for "There's no ethical consumption under capitalism, so gently caress the oceans with million of gallons of oil, I guess?"

A lot of the people in this thread are done with the Dolphins specifically, and probably football as a sport. But you do you.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
If nothing else this person being canned might make other evaluators more careful.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

NutShellBill posted:

Remember:

Or were you going more for "There's no ethical consumption under capitalism, so gently caress the oceans with million of gallons of oil, I guess?"

A lot of the people in this thread are done with the Dolphins specifically, and probably football as a sport. But you do you.

“Improving the world” by not watching the Dolphins has to be the peak expression of slacktivism. Though it would definitely improve Dolphins fans lives.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NutShellBill posted:

Remember:

Nobody in this thread is "done with football" lmao

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Alaois posted:

Nobody in this thread is "done with football" lmao

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

With a heavy heart I am announcing my retirement from watching the miami dolphins

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I remember a while back (probably 5 years ago) I said I was annoyed with the Miami Dolphins because every year they said they were gonna get good and every year they were 8 and 8. Someone responded with something to the effect of "Who hates the Miami Dolphins?"

It's been a wild few years, eh? They're rapidly burrowing themselves down to the depths of the real trash ownerships like the Lions and Washington.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

epic bacon posted:

is forcing your son to be left-handed any more insane than forcing circumcision on your son? my 11,000 page essay to follow
Really makes you think if Tua is circumcised or not.

Really makes you think about it.

Tua’s penis.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Oct 2, 2022

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Who knew the Dolphins and Browns would turn out to be the NFL's coolest teams

(like sunglasses and leather jacket cool, not fun to watch on-field cool)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The browns and dolphins are cool like Microsoft tablets and truelys

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm done with football until my teams players stop getting hurt

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

Really makes you think if Tua is circumcised or not.

Really makes you think about it.

Tua’s penis.

Well good news on that front, we're only about ~7 years away from finding out going by Antonio Clown's brain damage.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

NutShellBill posted:

Remember:

Where is was going with that was a response to the statement that if you continue to watch football, you don’t “care” about Tua because it’s as a ridiculous comment as saying for example, if you continue to post on the Awful Forums, you don’t care about any of the people that were hurt from it. Or if you continue to watch movies you don’t care about any of the women that were raped by Harvey Weinstein. But you can do you with your condescending nonsense if it makes you feel good.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 2, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’ve seen fake outrage and buddy comparing posting on tff to dumping oil into the ocean is a new one

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Cavauro posted:

and joining us in the booth to explain further is resident curse expert, danhausen

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Justifiably gravedigging this thread

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1607499615536050177

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1607499539925049346

Dolphins staff failed to detect another concussion and played Tua for a significant time after an injury again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

3 concussions in 3 months seems bad

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Tua should retire

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it would be good for everyone if he retires. though he should be traded for very little first, during the off-season, to gently caress over the other team and get something for the dolphins. it's their fault for not knowing better. whoever purchased the contact.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Dr. Nick rear end doctors lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Isn’t this sort of what the independent spotters are supposed to be for? Did he get up slowly or stumble or anything after the hit that would have given cause to suspect a concussion?

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Chris James 2 posted:

3 concussions in 3 months seems bad

Only one involved a fencing response so it's totally ok though. -Fins PR

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Tua, save what is left of your brain!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Tua many concussions

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many concussions does Tua have to go?

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
getting some pretty strong eric lindros vibes from tua's story, and that kind of loving sucks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

getting some pretty strong eric lindros vibes from tua's story, and that kind of loving sucks

The Dolphins haven’t tried to kill Tua by putting him on a plane with a collapsed lung yet.

…Yet…

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

fartknocker posted:

The Dolphins haven’t tried to kill Tua by putting him on a plane with a collapsed lung yet.

…Yet…

They need to steal David Gazzaniga from the Chargers first.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JT Jag posted:

Dolphins staff failed to detect another concussion and played Tua for a significant time after an injury again

Nfls brutal at this. Devante Parker literally called out the nfl and the patriots for not pulling him out

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Isn’t this sort of what the independent spotters are supposed to be for? Did he get up slowly or stumble or anything after the hit that would have given cause to suspect a concussion?

The entire nfl has been such a joke on this, even after the Tua cinci game. They DONT CARE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

JT Jag posted:

god the nfl is so loving bad at concussion spotting