Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Absolutely sick, in both the revolting and the radical senses. Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Xiahou Dun posted:

I was wondering if that was on purpose. Good on you for going the extra mile.

Thanks again for running this, it was a total blast. Hope your unspecified problems are okay and also thanks to MZ for helping out at the end.

I didn't necessarily have problems, just a lot of life events happened at once. Medical procedures, moving, some personal obligations, plus accomodating the holidays. The final quarter of every year basically becomes non-stop work for me. I appreciate the kindness and thoughtfulness, though! From you and others who have been supportive.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Fran has been running the challenge for something like 10 years now. It's a hell of a lot of work he's done over that time so that we have something special in October to look forward to. I can say personally that there have been at least a few years where looking forward to October has really helped get me through some tough times, so keeping something like this going can have more of an impact than it might appear on the surface. Thank you Fran for everything you've done.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Completely the same. Fran's challenges are probably responsible for me really posting on SA and becoming part of this community, whether that's a good or a bad thing you can decide. They've been something I look forward to and yes, sometimes find strength in during difficult times. They've helped me make friends here and develop new hobbies and a greater appreciation of horror and movies in general. I hugely admire what Fran's done and am so thankful. Thank you, Fran.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Yes, thanks as always Fran. Running the May challenge last year gave me a new appreciation for the amount of work that goes into it, even with the smaller scale challenge it kept me pretty busy.

Speaking of, I'll be doing the May challenge thread again this year. Details to come in April, look for them in the main Horror thread. I have something a little different planned for the bonus challenges and I'm looking forward to it!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

gey muckle mowser posted:

Yes, thanks as always Fran. Running the May challenge last year gave me a new appreciation for the amount of work that goes into it, even with the smaller scale challenge it kept me pretty busy.

It's only a smaller scale challenge for some. Others say "Woo, I don't have to wait five more months to watch these 72 horror movies!"

Biff Rockgroin
Jun 17, 2005

Go to commercial!

Oh drat, I missed out on a fancy new av?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Jedit posted:

It's only a smaller scale challenge for some. Others say "Woo, I don't have to wait five more months to watch these 72 horror movies!"

haha, this is true. Fewer participants overall though.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Niiiiiiiice, thanks Fran!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Biff Rockgroin posted:

Oh drat, I missed out on a fancy new av?

Ain't nothing fancier them yours