Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Carlosologist posted:

It didn’t!

Nice, how was the animation quality in that case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I'm no expert, but I thought it looked great.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Good to hear, this already seems like a big step up from the previous season

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Season 5 visually was still a pretty solid production it just hosed with how things were arranged and straight up removed a lot of the writing that establishes stuff I think is pretty important.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Fabricated posted:

Season 5 visually was still a pretty solid production it just hosed with how things were arranged and straight up removed a lot of the writing that establishes stuff I think is pretty important.

Fortunately it doesn’t seem like there’s going to be a movie this time around (yet at least) so hopefully things will proceed as normal

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Swole, rabid bunnygirl with a deathwish is definitely doing it for someone.*

*That someone is the author.

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost
Dub's been announced to start on the 15th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MHAOfficial/status/1578800051102547968

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by

CuwiKhons posted:

The new episode is up and frankly Mirko should have been the #1 hero over Endeavor. Takes Endeavor AND Hawks to take down one High End but Mirko ganks two of them inside a minute? Queen poo poo.

The doctor says that these high ends will be weaker than the one Endeavor and Hawks fought because they haven't had time to stabilize after being activated. It's still badass though.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

she literally squeezed a High End's head off with her thighs and I forgot where I was going with this

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Kaminari fighting for his girlfriend is sweet. Momo will have to settle for being second (or I guess hot/cold boy)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

Kaminari fighting for his girlfriend is sweet. Momo will have to settle for being second (or I guess hot/cold boy)

They made Kaminari and Jiro official?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

They made Kaminari and Jiro official?

It's not official, but drat if they didn't telegraph it hard in this episode.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Mordja posted:

Swole, rabid bunnygirl with a deathwish is definitely doing it for someone.*

*That someone is the author.

That someone definitely isn't also me, I kind of can't stand her immediately.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
these two episodes were rad.

am hype

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Xelkelvos posted:

It's not official, but drat if they didn't telegraph it hard in this episode.

Aw! I've always enjoyed their dynamic.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Does CR have previous seasons for the dub? I'm dumping Hulu and switching to CR for my anime, just hoping to have any kind of dub access.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Kingtheninja posted:

Does CR have previous seasons for the dub? I'm dumping Hulu and switching to CR for my anime, just hoping to have any kind of dub access.

Yes, you can watch S1-5 dubbed on CR. They have their own little section.
https://beta.crunchyroll.com/series/GYNV9DP2R/my-hero-academia-dubs

Still bummed we're going to continue being two weeks behind. I thought that all started because of COVID? is that not ancient history?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

kdrudy posted:

That someone definitely isn't also me, I kind of can't stand her immediately.

Yeah I'll never forgive her for Johnny.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Mirko is a very one note character - what you see is what you get, and if that's something you like you'll like her a lot, but if it isn't she gets grating fast

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

she seems to mostly be a walking cool action scene, did i miss something? people really don't like the generic "i don't care for my life so i can keep punching even when things look bad" stuff?

...am i thinking of the wrong character?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Just that yeah, there isn't really anything to the character beyond that, so if that one trait annoys a viewer I can see them not liking her much. But she's definitely supposed to be a cool walking-action-scene sort of character

Delphisage
Jul 31, 2022

by the sex ghost

ninjewtsu posted:

she seems to mostly be a walking cool action scene, did i miss something? people really don't like the generic "i don't care for my life so i can keep punching even when things look bad" stuff?

...am i thinking of the wrong character?

Flesnolk is being ridiculous. Don't worry about it, Mirko's good.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Flesnolk posted:

Just that yeah, there isn't really anything to the character beyond that, so if that one trait annoys a viewer I can see them not liking her much. But she's definitely supposed to be a cool walking-action-scene sort of character

It seems like a trend that a lot of shonen battle are starting to have at least one woman character like Mirko. Who started it, I wonder. Mikasa? That feels right but who knows.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I just feel like I don't have any reason to care about this character that is suddenly front and center as a bad rear end. Getting so much of her so quickly has been off-putting.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Mirkowns, actually.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i am of the opinion that sick action sequences centered on confident, athletic women are cool and good and anime should have more of them

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

kdrudy posted:

I just feel like I don't have any reason to care about this character that is suddenly front and center as a bad rear end. Getting so much of her so quickly has been off-putting.

Getting the best fight scenes a female character has gotten in this series is a good reason, OP

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want Mirko to train Froppy to do those same kind of sick action sequences

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

I want Mirko to train Froppy to do those same kind of sick action sequences

They both have the same quirk of “has all the abilities of a specific animal” after all so that’d actually be kind of cool

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The real answer is that Horikoshi loved drawing her and would say this multiple times in his author comments.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

This was my first intro to her and the immediate worry was that she was so badass, they were gonna job her to establish a threat. That they swerved from that was a pleasant surprise, so her outlook is a positive for me. Like her, wanna see more of her.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The real answer is that Horikoshi loved drawing her and would say this multiple times in his author comments.

I think he drew her for 4-5 weeks straight lol

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think it would be a fair complaint to say that one of the numerous already developed female characters should've gotten a fight scene this cool before season 6

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think he drew her for 4-5 weeks straight lol

He said in the authors comments for one of those chapters that he had to force himself to cut away, otherwise he'd draw her for another 20 chapters.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I mean yeah it’d be pretty neat if Ochako decapitated a guy but you play the hand you’re dealt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Mirko got all the Do poo poo energy that was denied of Momo

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Delphisage posted:

Flesnolk is being ridiculous. Don't worry about it, Mirko's good.

I was more discussing why the person upthread who said they really don't like the character might feel that way

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I mean yeah it’d be pretty neat if Ochako decapitated a guy but you play the hand you’re dealt

hell, that laser girl should've gotten scenes like mirio and the octopus food guy did

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ninjewtsu posted:

i think it would be a fair complaint to say that one of the numerous already developed female characters should've gotten a fight scene this cool before season 6

Yeah, MHA is like a lot of shonen battle in that it's really bad when it comes to its women cast doing cool fights but it's also true Mirko doing cool fights is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

hell, that laser girl should've gotten scenes like mirio and the octopus food guy did

Yeah that was pretty bullshit, especially since she’s probably got the strongest power of the 3