Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

They should have simply gotten their founding from the honest investors who cared about artistic integrity over profits. Weird they didn't think of this

They should be beaten to death with hammers and lead pipes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my all time worst full price purchase was Brink

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah New World had some hideously negative press when it launched but hasn't it been doing alright since then

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Playstation 5 has no games.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The ps4 had a reputation for being the remaster console, so does the switch, but at least those consoles weren't backwards compatible. I have no idea what the point of a ps5 remaster of a ps4 game is on a console which can already play the ps4 game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

FirstAidKite posted:

People have been remaking games from previous generations without any major visible changes since games were a thing tho

in the case of the switch it makes some sense for Nintendo to rerelase like every exclusive WiiU game because nobody had a wiiU and also it adds portability. it is sort of justifiable for the early ps4 days because it had no BC to the PS3 and they had trouble getting games on it for year 1 of that console.

it makes no sense for the ps5 its idiotic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the switch is epic. imagine playing a console with enticing exclusive games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also one of them is a remake of a ps3 game, one is a tech demo and one is a bad kart racer. so I guess the ps5 has ratchet and clank

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 2, 2022

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
because exclusives are what make consoles good OP. it "makes sense" for Microsoft because they just want to push Xbox GAAS on phones and windows PCs which is almost certainly worse long term for the consumer than Nintendo not porting Splatoon 3 to the PS4

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
by the end of 2025 sony projects that it will have 12 games

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It has no loving games OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
good job throwing a tantrum at a cute indie game OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Craigslist loses yet another comrade in the Good Website camp

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hearing Jeffrey has an announcement soon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the Gears of War trailer lol

i should replay that at some point because i really think Gears 2 is one of the most consequential games of that entire generation, i don't think you get The Last of Us without Gears 2.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gk_3NuiX2M

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
There's also the American beef ads which have the Aaron Copland music in it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oR1Vh3DfqM

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

but what if they show silksong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

bold of cd project to assume that there will be anyone left to buy video games in tyol 2028

:imunfunny:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wow the ps5 will have an entire year where it has a game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
World at War was OK though not one of the more distinctive CODs. At least compared to the absurdity that is MW2 or the legitimate cool poo poo in Black Ops 2

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

haveblue posted:

The amnesia games were ok but SOMA is the best Frictional game and it isn't even close

i am not a streamer/vtuber person but i always liked when they did SOMA as part of some halloween thing because it seems like it's going to be some kind of scary spooky horror thing but ends up being something much different, and creepy in a totally different way

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it looked like an utterly generic open-world beat-em-up from the footage that was shown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ChickenHeart posted:

They call it Overwatch because you'll be staring at your wristwatch waiting for it to be over

it's called OW2 because when i see it i yell "ow" twice because of how fail it looks

my monitor is on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i dont think piracy was really as big as it's made out to be in terms of Why the Dreamcast Failed like how many people had CD burners in 2001

more likely some people bought bootlegs, and the dreamcast really failed because the saturn failed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

ymgve posted:

d-dog best companion

This

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Safe mode is mainly good on SOMA because the actual stealth/hiding gameplay sucks rear end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

A Gamer in 1995 looking at the above screenshot: Ugh, a baby game for babies, the antiquated 2D graphics make me barf!

A Gamer in 1995 looking at, Kileak the Blood on the PS1: Wow, the future of games it's so lifelike and immersive!

When I was looking up 1994 on my Year of the Game vote, I found out that a magazine (I think GameFan) didn't go with GOTY candidates like Earthbound, Final Fantasy III/VI, Donkey Kong Country, or Super Metroid. They went with Clockwork Knight.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Also, there was this shrill baby crying

Skill issue

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Polygons are more advanced than sprites ergo clockwork knight is the objectively better game

I think the funniest thing is Clockwork Knight didn't come out in the US until 1995

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's hard to believe that Hellena is lying because even if she were telling the truth, by saying this out loud, she's risking a potential blacklisting, and if she's lying, then she's definitely getting blacklisted.

Also if I remember right, Hale has expressed open antivax views in the past, which paints her as the kinda person who would gently caress somebody else over like that.

Even being charitable to Hale, they simply might not have told her about the offer they gave Hellena, fed her the same lie as they did us, and Hale just thought their offer was fair considering that it's both her first time voicing the character and she is generally a more prolific actor than Hellena and might be able to take a lower deal.

This is a bizarre amount of extrapolation and it may be best to hold off on speculation like this until the facts come out

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

:gas:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

No ethical consumption under capitalism, etc. etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Waffleman_ posted:

Or if you're a celebrity, just let your PR team run the checkmark account.

I'm vaguely certain this is how a bunch of celebs started promoting NFTs

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Splat. I might start another run of SOMA because it's spooky game month

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Vermain posted:

i imagine platinum is trying to cut corners as much as humanly possible after the total financial disaster babylon's fall must've been, so them trying to lowball her isn't surprising

right but they hired Hale who is presumably not working for peanuts so nobody knows what's going on

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Agnostalgia posted:

previous VA probably had right of first offer for sequels in her contract, platinum decided it wanted to change actresses (who knows why) so it only offered a low bid expecting to be rejected.

did this get reported or

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I said come in! posted:

There's the PC version for people, but I get the impression this will be a horribly optimized game.

i get the impression it will be a horrible game generally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Mirrors Edge kicked rear end