Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

I have obtained a steam dreck

that's tight. what's first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I didn't think it looked bad, but I do wanna hear Charlie as Luigi before I pass judgment

what I'm certain about is that my students are gonna make the movie their personality next year the way they did sonic

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

what skill or item will Mario harness to beat Bowser in the end

1) does he learn he has the power to jump good

2) does he find a fire flower and fights fire with fire, or will that be a gag

or

3) does he find a super star that makes him impervious to Bowser's attacks

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

verbal enema posted:

He fucks him in the rear end

Infinitum posted:

It'll be a bridge drop

but he has to learn how to jump good? and Keegan Michael Key says something like.. "wow he's like some kind of a... jump man"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I tend to be biased towards labor before a company, but I feel as though something doesn't add up with the $4,000 figure if those are the union rates

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

if Hale's antivax then lol but I don't know how much that has to do with this

would Bayonetta get the vax? I know Enzo wouldn't

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

ah man

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

I went to Friday Night Magic at a local store once because I was told it was a good casual introduction to competitive Magic.

My cobbled together attempt at a budget deck was brutally annihilated by decks that had 4 x copies of $100 cards in it, and the smell of body odour in the poorly ventilated room was so severe that I actually physically gagged at several points through the night.

I guess on reflection that was a pretty good casual introduction to competitive Magic and also I don’t play MtG anymore.

that's very fair

I got into Magic getting my rear end beat by decks with $100 four-ofs too (Jace, the Mind Sculptor) but I had the good fortune of borrowing cards from my best friend who had a great collection and I could make something with a high power level. I like to think it made me better at Magic, crucible by fire-style

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Vermain posted:

i played magic with some friends for a couple days, realized that random card draws were infuriating to me, and promptly never played a CCG again

that's really the game outside of actually piloting your deck, you're building your deck in such a way that you know the probabilities of getting the cards you need when you need them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mode 7 posted:

Funnily enough Jace, the Mind Sculptor is in fact exactly the 4 x $100 card I was referring to.

yeah, there was not a budget build that was going to outdo someone who had a playset of those. I don't know if you were in the game long enough to know but they ended up banning that card within just a couple months of it rotating out because everyone was loving tired of it. iirc, I think they banned Stoneforge Mystic at the same time because it was enabling Cawblade, which was exactly the only other deck anyone ran

I was running a fun G/W deck that was the Ezuri + Elvish Archdruids elves package, but with Sun Titan backup. I don't remember what else was in it other than a one-of Eldrazi Conscription for fun to throw on a Birds of Paradise. I loved that deck

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh boy if you were mad about MTG prices back when the Mind Sculptor was in standard you may not want to look at prices now.

I've played a little Arena this summer but are standard staples in that range now?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

next-gen Sims seems like the right genre with the right amount of cultural cache that you could sneak metaverse/NFT stuff into

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Within a week I'm looking at Mario+Rabbids, Gotham Knights, and Dragonflights prepatch.

That's 3 games.

Exhausting

come on dogg why are you buying Gotham Knights

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

Skill based matchmaking sucks. Connection based is the good way to handle it

I'd much rather community servers but streamers are just being babies that they're getting scrubbed out by tryhards whose level they're closer to

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I read the more recent part of the argument first, which was kind of like reading spoilers for it, but I was still surprised when I went back to last page and stux hadn't said anything at all about spoilers only just mattering to people. that was a kind of surprise too

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I will say that modern day trailers for things tend to show more of the plot or story beats than I would like. I don't know how many times I've seen promotional material for even a movie I don't care to watch and said after, "well, that felt like I know everything that happens now"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1586514792457506816?t=aRQPuJXc7SeKGysMCDsa4Q&s=19

big bummer