Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i bought Two Worlds full price and never even installed it

i spent 60$ on Star Citizen back when it was first announced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

new world got way too damage spongey and mob swarmy at the higher levels, that's the main reason i quit. even just leveling up wasn't fun any more.

and then there were all the massive client bugs and issues that just seemed to keep coming every week. that poo poo was wild. then i heard crafting was pointless cause it would never be as good as vendor gear. so i'm good on all that

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think they should clarify whether FF16 is coming to pc eventually or not

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

another day, another dan

i had to lose 6 times in a row first and get demoted all the way to the bottom BUT i won like 5 or 6 in a row after that and got higher than i was previously :toot:

it seems like just playing around in training mode during the weekdays and then doing ranked for a bit on the weekends is paying off. i'm certainly enjoying myself!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

the best buy near me closed :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

is... is "milk" a company?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

there's a demo for a new korean ARPG called UNDECEMBER on steam this week and i played about 3 hours of it and i gotta say despite all the usual korean free to play cruft it's got some cool stuff to play with

there's no character classes, you just allocate your stats between str/dex/int and pick your skill runes, which similar to path of exile can be linked with support runes to upgrade or alter the skill in some way like adding more projectiles or increasing the aoe, or the best one which is triggering another skill when you cast it

you gotta lay them all out on this grid, match up the colors, line up the arrows, chain things between skills, etc, and you can spend various rune shuffling orb things to change the different color slots on your runes to make them fit

it seems really neat, and it comes out next week, so i'm looking forward to it. i dunno if i'll drop any money on it, we'll see what freebies they hand out at launch (for example your mini-pet can auto loot everything for you, which normally costs RMT currency to activate but they give you a week of it for free in the demo as part of a story reward. standard korean style stuff) it feels like another Lost Ark minus some of the MMO stuff, which is totally fine. i had a good time leveling up in LA and then just being done with it. i'll probably do the same with this one.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

That looks like my jam, alas I’m afraid that if I try it the free-to-play stuff will kill my soul irl, like lost ark kinda did

yeah thats understandable, i didn't spend all that much for lost ark, just got one of the founder's packs i think. this game doesn't have the store enabled yet to see what all they're selling so can't say how bad it might be.

i'll report back after the launch next week and let you know. there's no way it could be as bad as diablo immortal. and i'm only like half joking on that..

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

lucio is okay but the other ones either look exactly the same (winston, tracer) or look completely stupid (genji and mei)

why does genji need a robo-hoodie

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

look what they've done to my boy! :negative:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

LET THE BOY BE DIRTY

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mutata posted:

Wish I could say I was doing well. Hope y'all are though.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i had only just heard of marauders today, what even is it?

also i will not stop posting my promotions

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i think Marauders is the title of a video game that just came out

but i am looking forward to seeing how high i can get. i'm in a discord with a #fighting_games channel that has several Blue rank lads and they are helping me learn new things :shobon:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

jokes on them i started as a marauder in 2013

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i definitely feel more comfortable in tekken than i did in strive. i feel like i'm able to learn things at a decent pace, and i'm not struggling with basically all of the fundamentals like jumping/airdashing/air-to-air/throws/roman cancels/FD/supers. strive is such a blisteringly fast game that i can't keep up. tekken is such a nice change of pace.

i am still playing around with stuff in training mode, and i keep reading stuff on the internet and when i see something that i didn't know about before, it makes me want to open the game and try it out myself. i'm having a really nice time.

Ms. Unsmiley posted:

congrats, i love seeing new ppl play tekken. i jsut got tekken god the other night for the first time myself

its a long way up but u can get there, i remember struggling to break out of the teal ranks that you're in right now back when i was new to the game

drat that's cool :syoon:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Lavatein posted:

The Beijing Dance Cube Invitational tournament is about to begin. 32 of the best players in the city, and thus the country, and thus the world are playing, including your old pal Lavatein!

https://live.bilibili.com/h5/229927...nique_k=Qh4djti

(idk if this stream link works)

I barely qualify for entry so if I win just 1 single song I'll be happy. I'm the only non-Asian in attendance.

that's sick as hell, good luck! those games are insane

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this guy spent 7 years of his life making and trying to beat the hardest Super Mario Maker level but by the time he finally beat it nintendo had turned off level uploads

https://twitter.com/ChompBraden/status/1575977862590476288?s=20&t=Yi6ItrAyHxnl82zJ1t7wMA

the level is 10 minutes long

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of the trailer why is the direct for it 45 minutes?

35 or so minutes of that is just the "starting soon" screen for some loving reason

seriously why do people leave that poo poo in the youtube

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/CosmicHaru/status/1578280047710175232?s=20&t=2fqfU2-4R_OD8OIiWGcvGA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

oh lord those character designs are like intensely unappealing

they somehow made things that are funko pops but worse

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

So I've been working in the childrens/toys department of my store and I gotta look at these things all day and would you believe these are like...not the worst fashion doll designs we have in stock?

lord have mercy on us

this is hilarious though

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm gonna be real you guys: i don't think i could stand listening to charles martinet's mario voice for an entire goddamn movie

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have drank Dr Pepper my whole life and i ain't about to stop now (though i do drink more water now)

i've never drank coffee

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i say it like the g in garage

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Steve Yun posted:

I remember that was an inventory item in Space Quest. It was just a can of hydrogen that you were supposed to add oxygen to to make water. IIRC you could also use it as an explosive

wouldn't de-hydrated water just be a can of oxygen

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rarity posted:

I'm still having fun with Nuts and Bolts but one thing I've noticed is that its only really the hub world which is scratching that exploration itch. It's filled with paths to go down and new areas to find once you have new skills but the actual game worlds themselves are really sparse. You're mostly just going in, following the map to the jiggy challenge, completing it and getting out. It feels a bit shallow.

Banjoland is a great idea for a level though. It's a theme park made up of attractions from the each level of the original game, it's a huge nostalgia blast and I love it

banjoland made me really sad because they installed/imprisoned Clanker directly into the floor and he can't move :smith:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

galenanorth posted:

There should be a video game that blends ASCII art with reality so that you can harness the power of punctuation to pull out of cyberspace a sick-rear end sword []xxxxxxxxxxxxx||[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

that sword is like not even 3 inches long we're gonna need a lot more punctuation

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

im drinking dr pepper (cold)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have unlocked the most powerful forbidden technique

https://i.imgur.com/S0m8dje.mp4

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

UNDECEMBER preliminary report:

seems fine tbh. there are a bunch of free to play monetization things going on (two battle passes? i think?) but that all seems like poo poo i can completely ignore. there's enough log in bonuses to get you through the early levels (including a week of free pet auto loot--though regular looting is easy, you just walk over stuff) and the gameplay is still fun.

the steam reviews are Mostly Negative because apparently people don't expect free to play games to have lots of microtransaction stuff.

i looked through the options on the store and it's just... lost ark. again. without the inexplicable amount of hype that game got (and was just as if not even more predatory with RMT). you can buy costumes, you can buy starter kits that come with some upgrade materials, you can get various amounts of currency + other stuff in bundles. it's all the same poo poo, there's nothing new or unexpected here at all. i certainly don't see the kind of whacko poo poo diablo immortal tried to sell people.

as far as the gameplay, i've only gotten through 2/3 of the 2nd act but i'm shooting fireballs that also chain lightning bolts on hit, and i've unlocked two new ranged minions that i can summon. i'm having a grand time.

my conclusion is: i will probably play through the main campaign and be done with it. if the leveling starts getting gatekept by RNG bullshit or anything like that i'll just quit. it's free. :shrug:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:toot:

my hands are always too shaky to keep playing after a promotion lol :dogcited:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

thank you for the inspiration

(i may have damaged my keyboard in the middle of this session lol)

aw hell yeah ride em cowgirl

but, but not so hard you break your stuff :ohdear:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

spirit island is extremely good. though these days i tend to end up getting angry at my ineffectual early turns and it's always against loving england

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Whizzing Wizard posted:

all they had to do was buy the rights to Playstation Home on the ps3 for cents on the dollar, and it would still look better than this

poo poo, the battle hub in street fighter 6 looks better than this

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I said come in! posted:

gently caress yeah level 90 in Final Fantasy XIV.

hell yeah grats what class

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i got demoted in tekken but it's all part of the journey of learning

i have handwritten notes now, we'll see if that helps at all

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i was gonna play tekken all day but instead i played darktide all day

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't think i've played any horror game since i tried playing Doom 3 but quit after the first level because i was too scared

i honestly don't remember ever playing any before that either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really want to play FF16 but i also don't want to try to buy a PS5 or wait a year for it to come to PC :mad:

I said come in! posted:

lol Sony deleted their Bloodborne tweet.

i didn't even get to see it!