Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Rarity posted:

Every day brings us one step closer :pray:

People are going to go to the cinema because it's Mario, the Chris Pratt is unnecessary

NGL I'd watch at least a couple of these hypothetical movies. I feel like you could do a decent Earthbound film in a vaguely early Tim Burton-y mold of "suburbia, but weirdly sinister in a fun way"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Infinitum posted:

:psyduck: A multi-billion dollar game studio ladies and gentlemen

That's how you GET to be a multibillion dollar game studio! :capitalism:

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

In honor of Spooktober I am currently playing my first Castlevania, Circle of the Moon on the Switch.

Despite being a GBA port, it has a strong aesthetic that looks pretty good on the TV. it has the appropriate amount of skeletons and bats and poo poo. It IS a little weird that the bgm for the area I'm currently in is just nonstop surf music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ5zCeVmEYY&list=PL6E9hVlff2TGtTrycPDs4BTQtHbnb3Wji&index=6

Asterite34 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 14, 2022

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

haha what posted:

so whats everyone playing today?

i wanted to play pokemon but i had to send my joycons to doug bowser so im watching jerma vods instead

Still Castlevania: Circle of the Moon. Currently getting unreasonably mad at the Machine Tower area. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck the flying medusa heads. Do people who regularly play Metroidvanias actually like these bits of "precision platforming while in a room filled with mosquitos" gameplay, or is it just part of the deal?

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

After shouting "gently caress you!" at my tv more times in the last two days than in the entire previous year, I have decided to put Circle of the Moon on hold for a while. As a palette cleanser, I have moved on to Harmony of Dissonance because why not, it came with the bundle too.

Oh my God it's like night and day, I feel like I can breathe again. I had forgotten that controls could feel snappy and that there are enemies that can actually be dodged, and whose attacks don't loving petrify you or send you flopping across the screen like a hocked loogie. It's all so garish and acid trip colorful, it's like playing the videogame adaptation of Creepshow, or some old EC horror comic.

Music's more forgettable though, I kinda miss the surf rock

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finished Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance, fought the gross flying skull abomination and got the best ending (or at least the best ending that doesn't involve me painting the last couple squares of the map).

Honestly, despite this one being widely regarded as one of the worse GBA/DS CV games, it was pretty alright! Some of the collectables were a pain (didn't find the Summoning Tome until the final map go-over, so didn't get much of a chance to play around with it), but overall I don't get the constant complaints about the map being confusing. Lotta backtracking, but not much worse than say, a Metroid game.

gently caress that second pinball room though. Why is that there? Is Dracula really into marble racing? In Metroid it makes sense that the layout is inconvenient and full of mysterious contrived stuff, it's on a different planet and full of poo poo built by literal aliens. Castle Dracula is just madness. It's wandering through the memory palace of a deranged mind.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

I've started a new run of Castlevania: CotM and am having a much better time now that the significantly easier Harmony of Dissonance has eased me in a bit and honed my muscle memory for the inputs. Actually got past the Machine Tower and beat that big goat demon and his snot bubble powers (after some save state abuse, I'll admit.)

Am now in the lower levels of the castle with all the harpys and bugs. How the gently caress are you supposed to deal with those little mosquito bastards that fly straight at you the second they come on-screen and poison you? I only have so many antidotes, and having to stand in place and use the DSS combo that chews through your mana bar to heal you after every encounter is getting a touch tedious.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

Posting King Sei just because drat that's a dapper skeleton

Man, I hope I get to be this cool when I'm dead :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Finally, the Modern Ecco the Dolphin Reboot is on the horizon. And none of us will be left unchanged by the experience