Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

more like cybergunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

why are the differences so minor

they took out the wrinkle on the ape's jacket and the furriness of Mei's collar, like they're using the higher system recommendations to render less model detail

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Does anyone remember a video game themed around a Stepford Wife-like town where you get arrested for not smiling? I think it might've been an old one featured on X-Play, or there might have been two like that and one involved making everyone wear happy masks, but I'd like to hear about any game that has that theme

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

RBA Starblade posted:

That's We Happy Few / We Crappy Pew

Thank you!

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It doesn't feel right that Lenny Loosejocks Goes Walkabout had its Wikipedia article deleted 10 years after the game was made and 14 years before its Steam re-release

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There should be a video game that blends ASCII art with reality so that you can harness the power of punctuation to pull out of cyberspace a sick-rear end sword []xxxxxxxxxxxxx||[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

There should be a video game version of the French Resistance holodeck program from the episode of Star Trek: Voyager where aliens board the ship and the crew has to hide inside it with the safety off, like a French Resistance action-RPG with a character creator and spy intrigue, but with different optional sci-fi or fantasy elements you can throw into the vanilla, historically accurate fiction story

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Oct 14, 2022

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

The Captain Planet NES game is about as good as you could expect a Captain Planet tie-in for NES to be. It makes use of negative space and outlines fading to black to make you imagine more was drawn on-screen than was really drawn on-screen. Each level has two stages, one where you control a vehicle with fire/wind/water/earth shoot-'em-up powers, then a Captain Planet platformer level. It's a shame it didn't come out during the height of tie-in media during the PS2/Xbox gen or later, because an ideal adaptation would let you switch between individual Planeteers with AI/co-op team support and elemental combo moves.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I haven't played Stardew before. Are there any features you'd expect should be there aside from the ones mentioned by the devs as being on the to-do list on the Steam page?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Help Im Alive posted:

£210 is steep but i have to admit it looks great

I didn't have a PS3 and didn't see the news about Sony canceling the plans for these, so I thought the boomerang controllers were the PS3 controllers until only a few years ago

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Rarity posted:

I'm doing pretty well considering I don't know video games after 2008 :v:

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Oct 21, 2022

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

It feels like Steam tags have a limited use because each game only lists the top 20 user suggestions, so you get things like My Time At Portia lacking the Character Customization tag which My Time At Sandrock has, if you want to get OCD about your library

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I never got how it's the Mushroom Kingdom but goombas are mushrooms who hurt you if you touch them, like are they part of Bowser's army which coincidentally also has mushrooms, are they supposed to be traitors to the kingdom, Toads under a curse, gruff civilians who will cut you for looking at them the wrong way let alone bumping into them, etc.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Toy Story/Wreck-It-Ralph-esque Beatlejuice waiting room, but for temporarily disabled MOBA playable characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I'd like to play a cyborg in a video game, but a cyborg that references Inspector Gadget and Dr. Seuss, so you've got that Gadgetcopter mini-helicopter propeller that can come out of your hat, spring-expandable limbs, and that gloved hand that can spring out of your hat when you need a third arm to hold a third thing

I'm watching the show and I liked the gag where he trips over a canister of gas he needs for his car, says "good work" to his third hand, and then it drops the gas canister to shake his other hand and lets the gas spill everywhere

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Nov 1, 2022