Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Football's back!! Thank Christ, football is back and it's never ever going away again.

Last time we kicked a ball 8 years ago, Arsenal powered by brains and hearts in perfect harmony were going to win the league. Liverpool were a spent force and finishing 10th after their special asthma medicine didn't get delivered. Chelsea got a new boss. Somehow Leicester still haven't.

Strap in because we've gone from no football to the most football ever as we try and fit in as many fixtures as possible before the human rights world cup, plus two rounds of fixtures we need to fit in somewhere because of Gran's funeral.

It's halloween as well so pretend I posted a huge hi-def png of Iain Dowie or something. Horrifying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Premier League is back and straight into a North London Derby. loving hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnPak__nX4M

Come on you Gunners.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 1, 2022

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Football? Bloody hell!

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
It's back, baby!

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Out of the relegation zone this month is prob too much to ask, so off the bottom at least please

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Thank gently caress

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm sorry to report football has been injured and will now be completely out of action until the world cup

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
football

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Hope the queen dies again

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Thiago Silva getting away with a handball.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

liverpoo?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

MDT is this way https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3896467&goto=lastpost

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

OWNED.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1528421193472172035?s=20&t=HuvRD1AJXLqxaaRToU3Hng

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

True but have you considered

kecske posted:

liverpoo?

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

the sex ghost posted:

It's halloween as well so pretend I posted a huge hi-def png of Iain Dowie or something. Horrifying!

Having seen Dowie play for QPR, can confirm.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
I'm bustin'.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Maybe it's time to talk about Arsenal getting second, but I'm still thinking no way to win the league without major injury luck for them and bad luck for City.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Arsenal are maybe getting top four. Going by the last five years plus, I have zero confidence in their being able to sustain a challenge for the whole season.

When they’re good it’s because the young players are playing well, but young players tend to be more streaky for one. And it’s not like the squad isn’t full of injury prone players either

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Seems like everyone other than City are kinda bad, so 2-6 will probably be a toss up.

City will win the league as long as Halland isn’t out for more than 3 months.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Arsenal are maybe getting top four. Going by the last five years plus, I have zero confidence in their being able to sustain a challenge for the whole season.

When they’re good it’s because the young players are playing well, but young players tend to be more streaky for one. And it’s not like the squad isn’t full of injury prone players either

Arsenal are going all the way friend

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

Last year they were a win at spurs or Newcastle from top 4 with lacazette and tavares and cedric playing significant minutes

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

L.H.O.O.Q. posted:

I think from what we've seen, top 4 is automatic, unless there is a major injury crisis.

They definitely need to find cover at CDM and maybe a winger in January though.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bracing for a Bad Time in the bald fraud derby today

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Almirons goal yesterday really was ridiculous

https://twitter.com/Nelson_SZN/status/1576251226135547905?t=ozKGEu-ZATXeS6VaQV-oqQ&s=19

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a kit thread? What’s my best bet for knockoffs? Im I’m the states.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

kri kri posted:

Is there a kit thread? What’s my best bet for knockoffs? Im I’m the states.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&goto=lastpost

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Lmaoland

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Bruno Large got sacked

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

*Lage, but it's a funny autocorrect so I'll leave it

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Jesse Marsch said 'more like Bruno freakin Small' and rattled him so hard he got sacked. Sad!

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Frankston posted:

Bruno Large got sacked

Fired before Brendan, a shameful display.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Moktaro posted:

Fired before Brendan, a shameful display.

leicester can't afford to sack brendan until its really the point of no return. they've got no money to spend and he gets a £25m payoff lol

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What's the record for hat tricks in a season by a single player

Cause Haaland is going to shatter it

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

T Bowl posted:

I think from what we've seen, top 4 is automatic, unless there is a major injury crisis.

yeah, it's very possible that Arsenal are 2nd or 3rd, I still won't think we can go the whole way this year. There's more good depth this year, except as the holding midfielder in this midfield formation, so if Partey is out for any time that'll be an issue against better teams.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What's the record for hat tricks in a season by a single player

Cause Haaland is going to shatter it

As far as I can tell the record in a season (in the PL era anyway) is Shearer with 5 in 95/96. Haaland already has 3 lol

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Grauniad says 9 in 25/26

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2007/oct/10/theknowledge.sport

Dixie Dean got 60 goals the next season. If Haaland. Does that I'll begrudgingly admit he's quite good.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Welcome to the era of digital football

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
haalands not digital he's about as iron age as it gets

gently caress your triangles, ball goes in goal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

T Bowl posted:

Completely agree. I think we're going to finish second. Liverpool are a mess, Spurs dirge, Chelsea might get their act together and United are in perpetual crisis.

If not for Haaland I'd say we were going to be in the hunt for the title but that lad just breaks football.