Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Any of those five teams could finish 2nd, just depends who manages to be more consistent through the season. And squad depth is probably going to be a pretty big deal too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

Yeah it's too early to say a team will finish 2nd when we haven't even reached the main point of the season where everyone's hamstrings will start popping

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
October is going to break some teams. Too many games in a month.

Haaland plays like a young Zlatan but without the ego, he really is unreal in terms of both physical ability and technique. But it's not like City have had a tough schedule so far, not have they started their own fixture congested streak. It's early to say Arsenal will be top 4 by the end of the league and it's early to say Haaland will break every goal scoring record.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Kante :(

E: referring to the hamstrings

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
When your CB is 5’3” or whatever

https://twitter.com/priceless_silva/status/1576595543929020416?s=46&t=K-8Ik3W4ha6aQSs8KL70Nw

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Cool that prem clubs are now going to be terrified of being made fun of for signing a small defender and will pivot to only signing immobile league one shithouses

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

the sex ghost posted:

Cool that prem clubs are now going to be terrified of being made fun of for signing a small defender and will pivot to only signing immobile league one shithouses

He's been probably Man Utd's best player, together with Eriksen, so I'm not sure how that follows.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

the sex ghost posted:

Can I interest you in this lightly soiled Harry Maguire?

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

TheRat posted:

He's been probably Man Utd's best player, together with Eriksen, so I'm not sure how that follows.

Eriksen was absolute garbage yesterday

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

TheRat posted:

Actual playing ability is irrelevant in the wake of a million 'hes too dang small!!!' souness and co clips on every media outlet

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Vinestalk posted:

October is going to break some teams. Too many games in a month.

Haaland plays like a young Zlatan but without the ego, he really is unreal in terms of both physical ability and technique. But it's not like City have had a tough schedule so far, not have they started their own fixture congested streak. It's early to say Arsenal will be top 4 by the end of the league and it's early to say Haaland will break every goal scoring record.

It's 8 games so I get your point, but it doesn't look like any team is that good so far. Haaland could blow out his knee or w/e but I don't see him going through a dry spell for long

Haaland's not even going to the world cup, so that's a month to rest for gim

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Haaland is definitely going to break every goal scoring record tbf.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

the sex ghost posted:

Jake Cooper is now worth 55 mil

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

West Ham are only playing relegation fodder all month, fancy a nice run of wins and top 8 by Halloween

e: i suppose fulham are Not Bad so that might be a stumbling block, but soton, bournemouth, liverpool and manchester united is at least 10 from 12

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 3, 2022

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

blue footed boobie posted:

Haaland is definitely going to break every goal scoring record tbf.

Shearer might keep his record if haaland leaves the league

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Mr Snips posted:

Yeah it's too early to say a team will finish 2nd when we haven't even reached the main point of the season where everyone's hamstrings will start popping

This weekend was what, matchweek 8? There’s going to be so much of the league left after the World Cup break, and that’s without the delayed round due to the Queen passing away.

This week is going to be a march for all of the teams in Europe, and then…a World Cup :v:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Rumors of... Fat Spanish Waiter to Forest????

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

apparently if Arsenal win 2 of their next 3 PL games, it's their best PL start ever. Wild

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
Just a shame we're up against the human cheat code so basically can't win the league.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Shrapnig posted:

Rumors of... Fat Spanish Waiter to Forest????

Broad experience of working with some all time poo poo owners so should get on well with the Greek cartel guy running forest

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1577946875927429120?s=20&t=6dZwqtcgZfCaPoF-9XGjmw

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

UnderFreddy posted:

apparently if Arsenal win 2 of their next 3 PL games, it's their best PL start ever. Wild

:qq: but we're definitely missing out on top 4 because arteta didn't sign mbappe:qq:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

:qq: but we're definitely missing out on top 4 because arteta didn't sign mbappe:qq:

Fingers crossed.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Fingers crossed.

inshallah

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
You don't understand. Arsenal can buy a great player at any time, but they will always be bad because they play for Arsenal.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://twitter.com/MufcWonItAll/status/1577745737970073606?t=sJcBn-sUcsM0gToc5v3FyA&s=19

Suella pls

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Help us Suella Braverman, you're our only hope.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
whats the point of brexit if you cant deport a big brawny european who came over ere to steal the job of a hardworking englishman like harry kane

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I choose to believe that this is all a setup for City to somehow choke in the champions league final against someone like Olympiacos in the funniest bald frauding in recorded history

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

man utd should have registered roy keane for one last game at the weekend, imo

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

tarbrush posted:

I choose to believe that this is all a setup for City to somehow choke in the champions league final against someone like Olympiacos in the funniest bald frauding in recorded history

Haaland scores zero goals and is revealed to be wearing a wig

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1578333149464997888?s=20&t=2iMhp1mdAwUYrL8YR6eu2w

I'm pro Rafa and take no pleasure in reporting this

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1578811309801758720

Who could have seen this coming

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Haaland only scored 1 goal today

Bust

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Haaland only scored 1 goal today

Bust

Yeah, he's really slowing down. Only on track to score 20 before the WC break, 60ish total in the league. Absolute fraud, been found out.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Haaland with the quick start followed by a gradual return to obscurity. Just like amr zaki

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Marco Negri was only stopped by a squash ball maybe that’s how they’ll get haaland

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Marsch gonna need to come up with a plan B when teams figure out how easily bypassed Leeds press is or he’s gonna be gone by the World Cup break I think. Palace went from being on the ropes in the first half to basically dominating in the 2nd by just going around the press.

The board also hosed up by relying on the ghost of an injury prone Bamford and a streaky Rodrigo instead of going out and getting another starting forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Marsch gonna need to come up with a plan B when teams figure out how easily bypassed Leeds press is or he’s gonna be gone by the World Cup break I think. Palace went from being on the ropes in the first half to basically dominating in the 2nd by just going around the press.

The board also hosed up by relying on the ghost of an injury prone Bamford and a streaky Rodrigo instead of going out and getting another starting forward.

His plan B is to cry to the FA when the opposition doesn't play how he wants them to.