Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Eau de MacGowan posted:

gerrard gave depressing team talks? i always thought he was full on NYERM THIS DOES NOT SLIP NOW brave english lion passion and intensity

I think there was one England match during Gerrard's and Lampard's last World Cup match for England where the two of them were trying to psych up their fellow players and the talk ended up reminding all the players about the weight of England's expectations and how miserable the press would make them if they screwed up. Everyone then proceeded to screw up.

I think it was against Italy in 2014, but I'm not sure. Maybe it was a match against Uruguay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/Arsenal/status/1583490150234996736

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

gently caress yeah. Now do Saka.

E: Saliba too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Martinelli too, or is he already on a longer deal?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Martinelli isn't, but has said he is happy and wants to stay. I imagine he will.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
putting firmino’s dentist to shame. can we get a hex code on those chompers

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

sourdough posted:

Martinelli too, or is he already on a longer deal?

matinelli has an optional 2 year extension beyond 2024 (according to reports), so he is on the list but at the back of the line compared to the other names mentioned.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Saka owns and I hope they give him like 69x Janusaj Wages and sign him to a 420 year long contract.

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

blue footed boobie posted:

Saka owns and I hope they give him like 69x Janusaj Wages and sign him to a 420 year long contract.

I would be saying ‘nice’ to that deal

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Douglas Luiz's red card, which was given after a VAR review, has been overturned.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

Douglas Luiz's red card, which was given after a VAR review, has been overturned.

lol good that was ridiculous

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

That was a wild red card. Reffing gone mad.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Frankston posted:

lol var is a mess

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

vyelkin posted:

lol var is a mess

Can't blame VAR for that one they told Oliver to go look and he did then gave a red.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Can't blame VAR for that one they told Oliver to go look and he did then gave a red.

Oliver is an idiot.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Unai Emery to Villa is picking up a lot of steam

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Frankston posted:

Unai Emery to Villa is picking up a lot of steam

Enjoy your ebenings.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Emery was made for a one year relegation scrap.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1584621699294797827

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Doing my good appointment head nod at that one. Shame Leeds have decided it's better to get smashed by spurs man city and liverpoo in quick succession before agreeing that marsch must mosey

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
They just want to save on sending him home by waiting for him to already have the ticket back to America for Thanksgiving.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Beware the ideas of Marsch

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

New thread title mods

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

New thread title mods

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Well done everyone.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

the sex ghost posted:

Doing my good appointment head nod at that one. Shame Leeds have decided it's better to get smashed by spurs man city and liverpoo in quick succession before agreeing that marsch must mosey

Marsch must march, surely?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I don't care how he does it he just needs to get his 'rear end' (American term) down the loving road asap

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Marsch has been "trash", his ideas aren't going to work for the current team and budget this league allows.

I fully expect him to be the next Chelsea manager (coach).

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Will probably see the end of victor orta if he goes since he made a big noise about speaking to 9000 managers and doing loads of powerpoints before picking him and signing half a dozen players to fit his system.

Anyone know if there are any stattos looking for a job, must have read at least one book with '-nomics' in the title and a crippling aversion to signing strikers

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I think Steven Gerrard could do a job at Leeds

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

in the wrestling sense maybe

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Frankston posted:

Kit man?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Frankston posted:

I know they've been lacking creativity in midfield but I wouldn't go that far.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Brighton has given the head of recruitment permission to speak with Chelsea. That's in addition to losing our Director of Football to Newcastle and Manager along with all coaching staff also to Chelsea over the last 6 months.

Absolutely rinsed.

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Maybe you should have been bought by someone with oil money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

nothing more romantic than a small community club having five years of glory finishing eighth in the big time before being set upon like a turkey leg in a piranha tank and sinking into a giant pit of lava while giving a thumbs up

the lava is league one