Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Brighton has given the head of recruitment permission to speak with Chelsea. That's in addition to losing our Director of Football to Newcastle and Manager along with all coaching staff also to Chelsea over the last 6 months.

Absolutely rinsed.

loving hell. Do you trust the owners to appoint sound replacements? You'd assume they didn't dumb luck their way into all the excellent appointments they previously made in those positions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
That is exactly what I assume actually

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
i think emery will do well at villa

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

loving hell. Do you trust the owners to appoint sound replacements? You'd assume they didn't dumb luck their way into all the excellent appointments they previously made in those positions.

Tony Bloom is a fairly smart guy by most accounts, but this might be too big of a hole even then

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Kind of, our owner is into moneyball/deep analytics poo poo (his main business is advising high stake gamblers) and keeps a list of replacement staff for any eventuality.

Still hasn't helped us sign a striker who can shoot direct at goal since Glenn Murray retired three seasons ago.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bobby "Dog Fucker" Madley is back in the Premier League to poorly referee alongside his brother.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63394543

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

FullLeatherJacket posted:

nothing more romantic than a small community club having five years of glory finishing eighth in the big time before being set upon like a turkey leg in a piranha tank and sinking into a giant pit of lava while giving a thumbs up

the lava is league one

beautiful analogy

you see this in American college sports. a small school will find an incredible coach whose clock starts ticking once he’s successful, and there’s no way they can compete financially with a larger school to keep him. the coach ends up earning millions, leaving lots of frustrated players and smaller schools in his wake

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Shrapnig posted:

Bobby "Dog Fucker" Madley is back in the Premier League to poorly referee alongside his brother.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/63394543

Not only did he make a dumb joke about being able to beat a disabled man in a race, he also took the video himself to post it according to his blog as reported by some Norwegian footy news app/site: https://www.fotmob.com/news/1aq5g53...27joke%27-video

quote:

Former Premier League referee Bobby Madley has revealed he was sacked for sending a video in which he mocked a disabled person.

Madley left his role in August 2018 and refereeing body Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) said at the time he had "decided to relocate due to a change in his personal circumstances".

However, the 34-year-old explained in a blog post on Tuesday - titled 'Time to move on' - that he had been "dismissed with immediate effect for gross misconduct on grounds of discrimination".

Madley wrote that he sent a video to a friend, which was later passed to his employers, in which he captioned a clip of a person with a walking impairment: "F*** me, I have a chance of winning the parents race this year."

The official said he had been "fat shamed" in the media and described as "Blobby Bobby", so he had intended the message as a private joke.

"Out of context, I accept this reads shamefully. I accept that," Madley wrote. "However, my intention was that the joke was aimed at myself."

He added: "I regret taking the video, I regret sending that video, and while it was a dark humoured joke, it was just that: a joke.

"It was not intended to shame anyone, it was not intended to be seen by anyone other than the person I sent it to privately in a text message on my own personal phone."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Mods rename me Blobby Madley

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Dang it, Blobby

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sticksy posted:

Dang it, Blobby

"That ref ain't right."

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

FullLeatherJacket posted:

nothing more romantic than a small community club having five years of glory finishing eighth in the big time before being set upon like a turkey leg in a piranha tank and sinking into a giant pit of lava while giving a thumbs up

the lava is league one

I've been saying this ever since Cristiano Ronaldo left CF Andorinha.

Football in Madeira still hasn't recovered

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1585699421588701186

jettisonedstuff
Apr 9, 2006
I really like Antony's spin move thing and how upset it makes pundits.

https://twitter.com/LukeShawArmy/status/1585718354387800064

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Here we go!
Hopefully it's only a loan to the hospital rather than anything permanent.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

drat - so an actual case of “could’ve killed the lad”

jettisonedstuff posted:

I really like Antony's spin move thing and how upset it makes pundits.

https://twitter.com/LukeShawArmy/status/1585718354387800064

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sticksy posted:

drat - so an actual case of “could’ve killed the lad”

:lmao:

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Getting stabbed AFTER you've moved out of London? Now that's unlucky.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Robbie Savage was doing just that, thought the guy was going to have a meltdown lmao

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

TheRat posted:

Robbie Savage was doing just that, thought the guy was going to have a meltdown lmao

Good honest hard working sensible British honest hard working sensible Charlie Savage would never do such a thing

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Jesse Marsch having a normal and calm one posted:

If we go game to game and you look at the fact we haven’t won in eight games based on how we’ve performed over the eight games, it’s almost impossible to believe that two points is all that we’ve earned.

But that’s our reality right, in those eight games and all the phases in those games? What if Luis (Sinisterra) scores at Brighton on the two-inch line and it doesn’t go wide?

What if we score the penalty against Arsenal? What if - you can go through what ifs, but it doesn’t matter, right? You could still look at the metrics and you could look at different things and you could say, we’re actually doing OK, which I believe. But in the end again, right now, if we continue losing matches, then everything in the entire project is in jeopardy. We’ve got to figure out a way to stop that.

I’m a little angry right now. I’m tired of playing matches where we’re in the match and in many cases we’re better than the opponent and walking away with nothing. I’m tired of not capitalising on moments when we’re the better team and I’m tired of giving away goals too cheaply, tired of not getting results we should be getting.

Fourteen years as a player, 13 years a coach and I’ve never lost this much in my career. I’m sick of it. So I’m trying to figure out which guys can be counted on at the highest level right now, what kind of decisions need to be made in terms of match plans. I need to help find the group confidence and find the guys who are ready to fight for everything right now in these next matches, to do everything we can to get the points we need.

We're at the 'van gaal pointing at heat maps' stage

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Ah it's the players' fault. Let's go live to Scott Parker to see how that works out

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I agree with him that if things had gone differently then things would be different

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
You win some, you lose some.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

But he's never been this much of a loser before

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

The (not so) long Marsch to freedom (from employment)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
What if we had scored more goals and conceded fewer goals? Compelling stuff really

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

feels like we've crossed a threshold into 'rafa facts', tbh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

vyelkin posted:

What if we had scored more goals and conceded fewer goals? Compelling stuff really

Paul Ince’s notebook except it says “win” instead of shoot

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

looks to me like Tactics Tim's team are up 2-0 here so clearly his elaborate hand gestures are working

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

vyelkin posted:

looks to me like Tactics Tim's team are up 2-0 here so clearly his elaborate hand gestures are working

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

they lost 3-2

dudes rock

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

vyelkin posted:

They ended up losing 3-2. Did I not get the joke?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
yes but what if they hadn't conceded those three goals, did anyone ever consider that??

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Needs to be in the background of Pardew dancing

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0UuNZPwSr4

This is a pretty good analysis of why Leeds are poo poo and it's simply that they expect to play Chelsea every week tactically

tilp
Apr 7, 2010
The Brighton result really is delightful.

Edit: Pascal Gross for the AllStars team?

tilp fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 29, 2022

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Nice to be reminded that N'golo Kante played for Leicester way back then.

Less nice to see Jeremy Kyle dancing about on the touchline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
issuing correction on previous posts regarding american fraud manager jesse marsch. you do, in fact, 'gotta hand it to him'