Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i see manjimaru's family has an Inside Cow. that seems like a lot of work and/or a lot of stink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

pixel graphics rpg overworld but its fully destructible, someone make that

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

im trying to decide which sounds funnier between "princess clam" or "clam princess"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

ivantod posted:

In Japanese she is called はまぐり姫 which is literally "clam princess", but it's actually not so straightforward since this really can be translated either way into English. But I opted for "Princess Clam" as it sounded a bit nicer to me, since "princess clam" sounds like a pricess which is a clam, but "clam princess" sounds to me like someone who is the princess of all clams. I don't know, I'm not really a native English speaker, so I may be wrong, but it just had a nicer sound to me.

i assumed that's what it was and agree with your choice and your judgment. im not sure "whatever-hime" nicknames have a perfect english equivalent. i was just considering the two obvious choices and giggling like a moron.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

"we're going to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by the root clan..."

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

congrats to the groom but i think they're in for a tumultuous marriage

....i think those are bridal outfits. im pretty sure.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

lol

an 蟻地獄 is the animal we call an "ant lion" in english. so this is presumably one big enough to eat people instead of ants. they do have mandibles like that and reach up from sand.

i am not sure how to localize it. we couldn't say "human lion," but maybe "man-eating ant lion," like "man-eating lion"?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Commander Keene posted:

Drawing from the same well as the Dragon Quest localization team, might I suggest MANt Lion?

i like this better than my idea

Blaze Dragon posted:

I noticed the antlion thing but Human Hell is such a metal name.

look at that googly-eyed guy, i can even hear him yelling "let's open up this pit!!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

nobody:
literally nobody:
gokuraku: aha, i see exactly what you mean, ill get our dresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

i wouldn't be incredibly surprised if the saturn tengai makyo had a few low-resolution filmed cutscenes, but i gather it does not.

i mean, come on, you're already doing voice acting, why not have a costume?

"boo hoo it would have been so cheesy" oh yeah, it'd really lower the tone of the game, best leave that approach to comedies like Biohazard