Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

Sum Gai posted:

Showed up in Phantasy Star, I'm pretty sure.

Phantasy Star IV was the only JRPG I've ever seen with vehicle combat. (Final Fantasy III had the airship Invincible start combats you got into by casting Meteor opening fire on your opponents to soften them up, but otherwise it was down to the Warriors of Light like any other combat.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010

LJN92 posted:

Is this game going to be a revolving door of temp companions? Or will we get a proper party at some point?

Blaze Dragon posted:

It seems more like a revolving door of transport vehicles to me.

It can be both!

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Wasn't there like one one-v-one fighting game that got released in the US, so there was absolutely no context as to who any of these characters were?

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Was I expecting Gaap to have a third form? No.

Was I expecting the closing credits to do a high-pitched rewinding sound and rewind to the beginning? No, and it's loving hilarious.