Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Booky posted:

wow i can't believe ol manjis so infamous even root clan people have it out for him :v:

I won't lie, when they called out Manji, I was half expecting there to be a joke about how he's even managed to piss off yokai with his shenanigans. And maybe find them waiting in line to complain to his mother after the opening cutscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I... can see why Kabuki Dan is the most elegable man in all of Japan. Wait, you don't mean in the "He seems to be a reprehensible shitstain of a human being that no woman would willingly go near"?

Whe he joins the party, does he bring his palanquin and the women who can apparently fuckihg book it while hauling him?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

It's still a better boat than I could draw...

And while I'm not a fan of eels, I can kind of see where someone might call them cute. They do have a goofy face and look kind of ugly-cute when they have their mouths open. Basically, if you're the type of person who finds snakes cute, you'd probably find eels cute too.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Gilgamesh255 posted:

So I think have an idea of what happened regarding that "conflicting information", though I'm wagering you and some others might have pieced it together by now.

The rumors that the old man had the awesome biwa and a dinky biwa are both true, it just so happens that they occured at different times. He at one point borrowed the awesome biwa, but had it taken back at some point. The old man, possibly missing the sweet biwa, made an offering to the statue, making his drawing of a biwa come to life(?), albeit questionable looking.

I was expecting it to be a Indiana Jones and the Last Crusader moment where it turns out the dinky biwa was the legendary one and the awesome one was just a fancy newer biwa.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

The LP curse strikes again!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

About how long do you estimate it would take you to get caught up to where you were, roughly? I'm just curious what the rough playtime is for what you showed off is.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Do we at least get a time where all the vehicles we've used Voltron together into a Super Sentai robot? Including the scribbleboat?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

And that mermaids very rarely cried, so ~obviously~ he must have done something terrible to her. I'm going to bet that he actually made her laugh so hard she cried.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So when Kabuki rejoins the party, does he always have the tengu's scroll, or just if you talk to the tengu first?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ivantod posted:

I'm starting to have fun with these out-of-context previews images from the next updates, so here is another one from the upcoming episode:

Manjimaru and Gokuraku... go to space? Maybe?

"Team Manjimaru blasting off agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiinnnn... *bling*"

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Those two... things going off the side of Princess Clam's human sprite keep making me think of those AI generated photos where people had extra limbs. Amd does this mean her human form was technically just her tounge?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Clams usually have a pair of siphons that they use for inhaling and exhaling water as part of their filter feeding, even if in most cases they're hidden by the shell, so I imagine they're what we can see.

Neat! ... still reminds me of the extra limbs in AI images.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

No, no, you were right, that's not shittalk. The dog is probably more loyal than him too.

I'm sorry, that was mean. The dog is DEFINITELY more loyal than him, my apologies to future party member doggo.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

You know, I didn't have "a dog with a hulking arm as big as the dog" on lists of things to see, but apparently that's what I'm gonna get!

That is what you were referring to, right?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ivantod posted:

Basically what I meant is the following:
- The Rinoa thing: Dog's behaviour in the party is somewhat dependent on the state of its human (like Rinoa and Angelo in Final Fantasy VIII)
- The Linda³ thing: The dog is not just a decoration, but an actual party member, and will act on its turn in battles, but like in Linda you can't issue commands to it.

Awwww, I was looking forward ro the dog having its leg cut off, a monstrous arm attached, it runs away and the next time we see it, it had become the head of a giant gang.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'll ad,it, my first reaction to Silk saying she wouldn't hurt anyone with her hands was "So she's going to kill everyone with kicks. Or she's a dedicated spellcaster!" Then the chain was put on her and... she is totally going to garotte the woman who killer her parents, isn't she?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm hoping at one point our vehicle is one of those old-timey attempts at a flying machine. Maybe one of the bicycles with wings and an umbrella that just kinda bounces up and down when you pedal it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Gokuroku rocking that dress like a boss.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Just a matter of finding a seamstress. Which seems to be something oddly lacking in... well, most feudal RPGs. It would be pretty neat to have a character who's described as being massive so they can't wear normal armor... until you find a tailor/seamstress/armorer who just takes one look at them and says "So you want this outfit let out a bit to fit them? Sure. Gimme a day."

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Y'know, I'm not that surprised Gokuraku suggested disguising as the dresses, he's really rocking it in the image right after.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Robindaybird posted:

Yes, I have a suspicion where this is going, and again I love that Gokuraku is the one who came up with this

A redhead with facial hair disguising himself as a bride-to-be? Not only will he pull it off, he'll eat the whole buffet while he's at it.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Still waiting for the dog to get a giant arm.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Also poor Shiro, went out like a boss.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

How many innocents did our Fire Heroes kill here? There was no other way out but...still pretty chilling.

Considering that they seemed to be in a fate worse than death, I think what the heroes did was more of a mercy than anything else.

Also... is anyone else expecting the plot twist that the Root Clan are reviving the wrong god? That's totally the setup at this point, right? It's not just me?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Poor Duke Pepe is just lonely and latched on to the first people who wandered along (after killing his wife). The animation of him walking in, throwing the rope and kidnapping the one guy would have just been top notch if he just left right after, but I guess they kind of needed to nudge you in the right direction. Also, the cannon was the logical endpoint, but I was kinda expecting the massive buildup in music, then Duke Pepe just landing the castle on the army or just... sailing peacefully over them, because what the gently caress is calvary and archers going to do against a flying castle?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ivantod posted:

I'm just going to leave this video here. I swear it's relevant to the topic. :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJsFhkb8e4Q

Oh, and here's a fun game for everybody: how many times do you think we'll still have to fight Duke Pepe before we're finally done with him? Post your guesses. ;)

0, he has a change of heart and is actually the one that can use the unusable scroll, his steel castle becomes our final vehicle,and they all lived happily ever after. Besides, you pointed out that there's more castles than evil plants at this point, and Pepe has become a lovable scamp.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

0 is still a single digit, I'm still in the running :colbert:

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is the long awaited event Kinu removing her shackles and unleashing her true power like this is an episode of DBZ?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I mean, depending on how thick the ice is, a cannon shell may not actually do that much to it if it hits the surface. Considering that the castle is the source of the freezing cold, It's easy enough to believe that "magic ice" is actually the answer.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I wonder if any of the artists for this game worked on the og Sailor Moon anime. For some reason, those two really remind me of the villain designs from the first series.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I haven't watched the very final cutscene yet, but this whole LP was a trip. You can definitely see the roots (no pun intended) for what comes in Lindaa Cubed, and a lot of the almost absurdist humor shines in both. Those final two dungeons though... did the director just decide there wasn't enougn death and decided to crank the dial up to 11? I'm looking forward to your next LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Okay, I watched the ending finally. I did have to laugh at Yomi's "Humanity is the combination of the Fire Clan and Root Clan" when the strongest person in the party is half-demon and another member is a thousand years old. I think we need to set some definitions here.

Speaking of, I may have missed something, but IS Gokuraku actually 1000 years old? That would mean he was alive during the original war between the two clans, and seems like something that should have been a major deal, but I don't remember that at all. I am phone posting, so reviewing past updates is kind of a pain, mind.