Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
boy if the transformation mechanic wasn't indicative that these are the same people behind linda, the whole eating-people-in-pig-form sure is

unless this is a folklore thing that'll come together later, it does have certain fairy-tale vibes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

That voice on Yomi cracked me up--it's unmistakably Shuichi Ikeda, aka Char from Gundam. he has a weirdly extensive track record with JRPG bosses

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 23, 2023

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

this game is so relentlessly weird and it makes me wonder about the later ones--like with that map of the USA done up in this style

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

i absolutely read those mascot character lines in the appropriate voices

and also spoke way too soon on how relentlessly weird the game is

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Dec 21, 2023

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Given we've gotten deep into the Key of Solomon with the enemy names now, are you sure Garp isn't supposed to be Gaap rather than Luffy's grandpa? (though this probably predates even the first chapter of One Piece)

Also I was waiting for some kind of other shoe to drop on all those arbitrary sword transformations, but I guess it's just a thing that happens for some reason.

Mister Olympus fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 14, 2024