Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh boy, no breaks for this train and I'm all here for it. Let's see just how many people Manjimaru can piss off before the game ends. Starting on a high note if he not only annoyed every adult in his village, but also Hell.

Also, you have a few "tycoon" there instead of "Taikun" if you want to keep that consistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I feel people didn't read what Manjimaru's mother said. The seven heroes sacrificed their lives to use the holy swords to cut the seven dark orchids. There's no "oh just join for a bit, defeat the bad guys then go back to womanizing". From all we, and likely Kabuki Danjurou, know, this is a suicidal mission even if they succeed.

He's still a self-centered jerk but I can't blame him for not wanting to join Manjumaru here. I can blame him for everything else such as mocking Manjumaru though.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Both the castle and the boat rock, I love this.

I don't love the inventory space stuff, that looks terrible.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I guess this kind of setting always has super technological lost civilizations and airships, huh?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think we all understood how great Kikugorou the great is after that update.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How powerful is "bombardment" when used in battle? Does it have any advantages over just attacking normally?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

That sucks but sometimes luck just isn't on your side. I imagine you lost data that's more important than a game's save data too. Play what you want, I'm sure it'll be neat to follow like all the games you've LPed so far were.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, we get two games? You're too kind.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh nice, this is back! And with the death of a recurring enemy at that, that's a big update to bring the LP back with.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Our boy is starting to make his way into the business world, even if not intentionally and only because he found some random certificates lying on the palace.

Also could we push this to the next page before more updates? This page has so many images that I had to refresh it twice to get the last update to fully load.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LJN92 posted:

Is this game going to be a revolving door of temp companions? Or will we get a proper party at some point?

It seems more like a revolving door of transport vehicles to me.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We've gone from a traitor to someone that has a long list of negative qualities but at least swore absolute loyalty to our protagonist. That's an improvement. Can't wait to see them interact with each other.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Finally, party members that won't abandon Manjimaru.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

You referred to the first fake Manjimaru as both Clockwork and Reverse Swastika in different images.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

One more part for the eventual giant robot formed from discarded vehicles. The tub didn't last but it'll be fondly remembered.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, it's a JRPG, you gotta go to space and kill god eventually, may as well get one of those out of the way.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Fire Brave dog! Fire Brave dog! Fire Brave dog!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is there any reason why you decided to translate the names here? It's a choice I'm almost always opposed to since...names don't get translated in any situation. I can understand if there's some kind of meaning later on but even there, this game is so Japanese that I find it weird to believe you would've gone for that and not changed anything else here, considering how many times you've gone for (very informative, may I add!) translation notes.

Also we had Kurama and Hiei this update, can't wait for Yusuke and Kuwabara.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

ivantod posted:

I'm glad you enjoy the "translation notes", but please let me know if anybody at any point feels it's too much since I can sometimes get a bit distracted. :v:

Honestly this LP has been like 60% learning of a game, 30% learning of Japan so I wouldn't want them to stop, I'm enjoying them a lot.

(the last 10% is laughing at how many vehicles our heroes use once then drop somewhere around the world only to inevitably have to get another later)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe Gokuraku can equip a bride dress, I thought his equipment options were meant to be very limited!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

+1 vehicle that was used exactly once then dropped. +1 very weird choice of vehicle too.

Also I feel we all know where this is going but it'd be very funny if we were totally wrong now.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I noticed the antlion thing but Human Hell is such a metal name.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think the last few images of the first post are wrong, they don't make much sense with the text.

Also I guess we don't need the combining robot of all the vehicles if you just get a robot as a vehicle.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This series is fairly popular and long-running in Japan, right? It's not too surprising it got a live-action adaptation if it is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Finally a full party. Too bad our robot isn't here, that'd make it even more full.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

How many innocents did our Fire Heroes kill here? There was no other way out but...still pretty chilling.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

If this update had ended with the first post, I would've made a joke about going to Kanto.

The Speedbird sounds cool, can't wait for Manjimaru to abandon it somewhere.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Wow, we aren't dropping this vehicle after one use? And it keeps getting new functionalities? That's the biggest surprise in this game so far.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm not sure how many fights Duke Pepe has in him but I hope he survives the game. Killing off the protagonist's love interest for drama is boring and overused.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's a bit sad to know we're that close to the ending but I saw it coming considering we finally got a vehicle that isn't getting dropped.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Mister Olympus posted:

That voice on Yomi cracked me up--it's unmistakably Shuichi Ikeda, aka Char from Gundam. he has a weirdly extensive track record with JRPG bosses

Amuro Manjimaru, I'm doing something extremely wicked...

That was a blast. I didn't know about this game at all, it looks very interesting both in terms of writing and gameplay. I admit, killing every character at the end felt a bit forced, especially with the three ninjas, at least Hoteimaru got a genuinely heartfelt cutscene. But they're all back (and so is everyone else) at the end so I guess that evens it out. It's definitely a strong ending, even answering one question I've had since the beginning of the game (if Mari birthed the Fire Clan and Yomi the Root Clan, what is humanity and why do they look identical to the Fire Clan? Because humanity is the byproduct of both races joining together, it turns out). I also learned quite a bit about Japanese geography and mythology which I didn't expect, but I greatly appreciate.

Thanks for all your effort, ivantod! Can't wait for III, whatever it is.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh man, more Kabuki. And the guys from the previous game, whoever they are. And some blingy guy who can't be killed.

Seems this will be a fun journey too.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Surprising amount of cutscenes for a single update.

I'm glad Orochimaru has finally come out of the closet and I wish him the best.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, overseas travel was definitely not in my list of things I expected to happen in this incredibly Japanese game, much less full voice acting in English even if for a brief period of time. It's just one surprise after the other, huh?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's a bit disappointing that the last two party members are both Japanese Jipangese, with the setting moving to London, I expected at least one foreigner in the team. Zeami, maybe? He has druid magic and the druids knew him already.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

A small correction: the "Torrent" enemy is almost certainly meant to be "Trent", like this Yu-Gi-Oh card: https://yugipedia.com/wiki/Trent

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

LJN92 posted:

I feel like there was a mild missed opportunity to name the guy "Millennium Karune", what with the Egyptian pharaoh theme and Yugioh's millennium items.

This game is three years older than Yu-Gi-Oh so unless they could see the future, that'd be impossible.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Was Tengai Makyou II far more popular than I? I feel that everything I see (which is, in fairness, very little) takes from II and not from I.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Will Kabuki learn the true meaning of Christmas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Well, a lot happened here. RIP Zeami, weird that you get such a big change in your party this late into the game, since I can't imagine Fujiyama works similarly to Zeami.