Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Or they're the same biwa, people just think the old man's is worse because he can't play to save his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

My best guess is that it's supposed to be an expression of trust in the person doing the cleaning, considering your ears are both very important sensory organs and also extremely delicate and susceptible to trauma. I know I sure as hell wouldn't let just anyone near my ears.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Glad you're feeling better, take all the time you need.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Skies of Arcadia has ship-to-ship combat, complete with Moon Stone Cannon!, and IIRC you can call in the ship as one of Vyse's special attacks.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Looks like it's going to get a new thread, but will be announced in this one.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

There's always the "set to view LPer's posts only, set to 1 post per page" method. I guess it doesn't work if you're using the Awful app, but you can always tell the app not to load images from posts you've already read.

Anyways, totally not posting this to help bump the next update to the next page, no sirree.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Come to think of it, we haven't seen those ninja girls in a while, I figured they were going to join the party. Or at least one of them was.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Yeah, we definitely don't have the full story on our new party member yet. All we really know for sure is that he pissed off the mermaids, presumably via the whole "drinking mermaid tears" thing that's the reason he's still alive after all this time.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Well, if you're working on an LP update I assume things are going better now at least.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Drawing from the same well as the Dragon Quest localization team, might I suggest MANt Lion?

I also posit that the DQ team would run with the "Pot-Head" enemy name and call it something like a "Pot Fiend".

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Jul 18, 2023

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

If not, professional translator Clyde Mandelin - the Mother 3 fan translation guy - did a series of streams where he live-translated the game a few years back; the videos are on his YouTube channel, but unfortunately I couldn't find a playlist of them so you'll need to do some digging.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

20, but they're all half-fights where he escapes when he hits a certain health threshold. Yes, that means he survives the game. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

He just randomly shows up out of nowhere and starts calling this other dude "Manjimaru" and antagonizing him for no reason.