Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

pwn posted:

Enjoy the show, let's see if we can crack page 2 tonight :woop:

I will be the sacrifice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This is dire.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Not enough Cuban accent in this Marilyn.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Cyril Sneer posted:

This is dire.

Massive improvement over last week. Not sure the Try Guys bit will age at all though... even 3 months people won't know :wtf:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

This is embarrassingly bad

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
This is like Santigold crossed with Mariana and the Diamonds.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked that song. Willow's music runs from enjoyable to skippable, though.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I will be the sacrifice.

:patriot:

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I don't think Chloe was expecting that much blood to spray everywhere.

"AND THE SKY GROWS DARK!!" "No, that's blood loss, man."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can never go wrong with fake blood spurting all over

pwn
May 27, 2004

Pretty sure she was supposed to get a bloodkkake and his spurter missed. She practically had to put her face into it. Would like to see how it played in dress

pwn
May 27, 2004

I wasn't expecting this from willow but i like it

Edit: ok the end was lame but whatever.

pwn
May 27, 2004

The Squirm strikes again

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Well, this got real messed up real quick.

"Hey, Carl, whaddya think of my new eyeballs?! 8D" "aaaaaaaand I'm going straight to church."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol that was good

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://twitter.com/thatweekinsnl/status/1578972173360041984?s=21&t=Ad4LuSJfe8qYYHQwxujZRQ

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Snorb posted:

Well, this got real messed up real quick.

"Hey, Carl, whaddya think of my new eyeballs?! 8D" "aaaaaaaand I'm going straight to church."

Nothing like Kenan delivering a single line absolutely perfectly in a sketch.

pwn
May 27, 2004

If you thank the band you're automatically a good host. Facts.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

last sketch made it all worth it

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I thought the last sketch had kind of a weak premise, but Sarah made it work through sheer force of will.

The rest of the episode was... okay. Not as bad as last week, but I'm still getting a "rebuilding year" vibe.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn’t Lorne get the message that they don’t need to book Willow anymore? Mights well book Fozzy if you want to overlook good hard rock bands and just go with poo poo that wouldn’t make it out of local bars if not for connections.

Thought the episode was fun enough otherwise. Worried by the monologue but then dude threw himself at everything, good on him.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Huh, SNL isn't on Hulu anymore.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Hm I can see copies online with Hulu tags?

E: I guess that explains why it still had NBC dog in the corner when I watched, I guess they haven’t updated their tagging.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Small White Dragon posted:

Huh, SNL isn't on Hulu anymore.

Yes NBC has removed all their shows from the platform which showed the profitability of streaming, and put them on their own Unnamed Streaming Service. Incidentally, check your PMs

EL BROMANCE posted:

Hm I can see copies online with Hulu tags?

That's someone's rip of a recording off Hulu with live TV, it's quite nice.

Edit:

EL BROMANCE posted:

E: I guess that explains why it still had NBC dog in the corner when I watched, I guess they haven’t updated their tagging.

Dog? The logo? That's called a bug!

pwn fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 9, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

pwn posted:

Dog? The logo? That's called a bug!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_on-screen_graphic same thing, both acceptable.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

They need to just let her do the last skit of the week for a bit. She'll have hits and misses, but her style is so much different from the standard SNL "lets do a lounge singer skit" or whatever crap they usually put as filler. The show needs to grow.

Anyhow, this week had less obvious and blatant ads than last week, but holy poo poo SNL.

Willow's music is actually better than I expected, but the ending of her second song was cringe as hell. Especially following Kendricks much better performance last weeek.

Looking forward to MTS doing double duty.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Jaxyon posted:

Looking forward to MTS doing double duty.

Same, wondering if they'll pass on notes on how to say her name correctly by next week too unlike the announcement.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

pwn posted:

He could have kept doing an old trad session with the band and I would have been ok with that. Sun spots took everything after update for me, oh well.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Massive improvement over last week. Not sure the Try Guys bit will age at all though... even 3 months people won't know :wtf:

It was also a pretty awful and tone deaf skit, written by a friend of the guy who cheated and took advantage of his employee. I won't blather about internet drama too much, but it was a lot more than just a kiss, and the guy was the HR for their company. This just looked like someone trying to help him cover up his actions in the media.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
That was a fun and heartwarming episode! Loved the eyeball skit!

pwn posted:

It is known. :hmmyes:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

It was also a pretty awful and tone deaf skit, written by a friend of the guy who cheated and took advantage of his employee. I won't blather about internet drama too much, but it was a lot more than just a kiss, and the guy was the HR for their company. This just looked like someone trying to help him cover up his actions in the media.

Pretty much covers every reason why SNL is dying except that nobody watches comedy movies anymore

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Same, wondering if they'll pass on notes on how to say her name correctly by next week too unlike the announcement.

Not in the promo that's been running all week (there are more online but on air it's been this up through tonight's Seth Meyers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C41D4VB9ICc

If you want it pronounced that way then spell it that way, otherwise people gonna say it "wrong" :shrug:

Anyway as long as I'm here, have her Tuesday and Thursday promos as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EWdc5JAJSA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GttUV5AItRc

Edit:

Sorry I meant to respond days ago and forgot: I've only ever heard production folk refer to it as a bug, but I stand corrected. I will say that as silly as "bug" is, DOG is dumb as poo poo, and I fully understand why every production person I've heard calls it not that lol

Second edit: Plus as director you get to say "bug in" and "bug out" and that's fun.

pwn fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Oct 14, 2022

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

well that's juicy. if you're aware of that then i'm sure you know willneff who often talks about buzzfeed being a buzzsaw and has an snl sketch theft story of his own

pwn
May 27, 2004

So yeah that poo poo is tonight!

Megan Thee (the) Stallion is pulling double duty to wrap up the premiere run of shows. To prove this: Photos from Wednesday read-through :O

And she was there Thursday for performance blocking, and these photos confirm that she was there.

And in a couple minutes we all get to go on this magical ride together. Please enjoy the show!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah glad to see after 2 decent cold opens this season, we’re back to the tried and tested terrible political one.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Okay, I laughed at "The dog legit shook its head from side to side, then barked a very human 'no.'"

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

She really does a good Pelosi, I have to admit.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I could go for a pastrami sandwich right now

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think Sarah is already one of my favorites.

She always goes full speed and it rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Dear lord that cold open was dire.