Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

iTrust posted:

There have not been any allegations made about Kaplan specifically. Only inferences.

I feel like it's pretty lovely to suggest Jeff was an abuser. Given that some high profile Blizzard names were outed during #metoo, it doesn't make any sense for him not to also be outed if that was the case. I think it's more likely that he left/was let go because his vision for OW2 didn't match management's.

but we live in the worst of all possible worlds so I'll probably be proven wrong :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ashcans posted:

So assuming you don't grind out a new character with a BP, what happens after it's done? Does the character move behind some other unlock system, do you just never get them, or do they just sort of unlock automatically after some time?

They're locked behind an as-yet-undisclosed system but I would absolutely bet that you can also pay real cash/OW funbux to unlock them as well.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Wheeee posted:

we're in the early stages of processing the death of a family member nobody ever really liked having around a whole lot due to them being irritating and frustrating to deal with but who was a part of our lives for long enough that now, in their sudden absence, we find ourselves forgetting the bad times and reminiscing on the good

Don't worry, their even more annoying twin is coming to stay, and they REALLY want to tell you about some awesome investment opportunities

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

bagrada posted:

Will five player games mean individuals have more pressure and responsibility?
For tank and support, definitely. For DPS, same as always, just spam I NEED HEALING and complain about your team when you lose.

bagrada posted:

Any chance they have a tv series in the works after seeing how well Arcane did?
There's been rumours of a Netflix series kicking around for ages, I assume they've been waiting for OW2 before turning on the merchandising nozzle again. See also; Hasbro Ultimates action figures, and the cancelled Lego sets.

bagrada posted:

Do they have the lore sorted out any better than the ugly mess it was?
lol. OW has been stuck in "we're getting the band back together!" and "war is hell/fun as hell" for its entire life. I think we'll have to wait til the single player campaigns for any movement on that front.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

That just makes me think that Symmetra's gun should work like the UT Shock Rifle.

This would be extremely good

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I'm not looking forward to whatever monetisation scheme they're cooking up for the PvE

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

*other roles will also have to get over this mental hurdle, particularly supports, and not freak out when the tanks they're used to suddenly aren't just playing as mobile shield dispensers.

From my experience with the beta, supports have to look out for each other, because no other bastard will.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I found Retribution the most fun PVE mission, Storm Rising feels really short, and Uprising has that bit where the bomb is powering up that draaaaaaaaaaaags. OW2 PVE has the potential to be extremely fun.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i'm going to play this again for some reason. did they ever make zenyatta playable?

They gave Zen an overpowered superkick, I am not joking

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

thebardyspoon posted:

Doesn't have a preload on the consoles apparently, so that'd be why.
Preload is available for Consoles as of.. now

https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/1577346115845861376?s=20&t=QhnuDfRCDr_ikdiwofh_nA

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Thought I might load the client up before work to have a look and lol

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

verbal enema posted:

that will take about 6-7 mins no big deal

Yeah just was surprised.

Looks like there's still no option to select multiple favourite skins to randomise between which is a shame.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

That's surprising, the ping system was heavily utilised in the beta, it's one of the things I missed the most when it ended.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Push continues to be a terrible game mode, it's extremely hard for a losing team to turn the game around.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

it's worth swapping primary and alt fire on Kiriko imo, it feels weird using her darts with RMB

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is it just my game or is the big OW2 feature, the Ping System, isn't even loving bound to any button by default?

idk but mine was bound to the same button I used for push-to-talk, which was extremely confusing for a bit.

Hashy posted:

Presumably they'll do something about there being nothing in the game to prevent a nanoblade

that would devalue the mythic skin though

DVA can eat the nano, hog can counter with Whole Hog because a deflecting Genji isn't doing anything else and now you can stop/start whole hog, Mei freeze is still a slow even if it's not a stun, lamp and trance eats into blade time, and Ana can always get lucky/git gud and sleep him

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Oct 5, 2022

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I suppose it makes perfect sense that dva can eat nano but I've literally never seen it happen in trash ranks or qp

Actually I'm wrong about that, I thought she could but I double checked and turns out, nope. It can be interrupted by CC though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Been playing quickplay and MH on my lunchbreak, MH feels the same as always, QP feels like you have to form a deathball at all costs. Whenever I tried to take a highground angle as Ana I'd just get mown down.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

lol, getting an Unable To Log You In/Timeout error when trying to play now, guess I can only play this game for 30 mins or so in the morning

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

So far I'm enjoying OW2 more than I thought I would, certainly more than the beta. And lol at the "you don't need to change heroes" because I've found tank counter-picking is extremely important. Had to switch off Rein to Orisa on one push map because one enemy dps swapped to Mei, and would slow me enough that aggression was a lot harder and it was way easier to be focused down.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Minorkos posted:

there are typically 2 different health states, full HP or dead.

I've found this to be the OW2 support experience definitely, which is why supports with good escapes are strong, the minute you start getting chipped at you can just nope on out and you'll be full health in seconds. If you're trapped in a team fight you're just toast.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

is what is feels like, tbh

:confused:

Playing tank or support, it's real fuckin obvious when DPS are bad or good, there's no way to do anything without, you know, damage

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

That's their point, it's japanese that have magic for some reason (reason being bad writing)

Hey now

Robot monks have magic too! Magic comes from the Mystic East, you know.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

have you literally never met a second-generation immigrant? jesus, goons.

You're right, but also she's supposed to have been born and lived her entire life in Japan.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

TenementFunster posted:

she’s a fictional character! millions upon millions of real people speak multiple languages without a noticeable accent regardless of their place of birth. someone in middle age should not find this remarkable.

Then why'd you bring up her fictional background as reasoning? Languages are hard, people hang on to their accents even if they grew up speaking the same language. I think her voice is cool, but it is remarkable for someone to live their entire life in one country and to speak the language of another without a hint of an accent. Remarkable but not worth making a big deal over.

Roadhog though, why the gently caress does Roadhog sound American?

verbal enema posted:

I miss the "Torb loving around nowhere near the match while his turret shreds everyone" potgs
Had an incredible POTG in a recent match that was Ashe immediately getting headshot and lying dead on the ground while Bob killed people in the distance.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

I thought it was one item per level, mostly? Or is that only for the premium pass?

Yeah the free one is mostly trash and empty levels.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

If there's never anything worthwhile on it then you don't have to bother with it.

Which is why they're locking new heroes behind it.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

I accept your surrender.

Just gently caress already, geez

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I just tried to grind Push maps for cheevs and god I hate that mode. As soon as one team gets an actual lead, the game is over apart from waiting it out. I've only had one (1) experience of an overtime comeback.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Proven posted:

Hack disables abilities for 1.75 seconds (up from 1 second during the beta).

It’s mostly for interrupting, but combined with the 40% damage boost the 1.75 seconds means you can delete an Ana before she can use grenade or sleep dart if you have enough headshot accuracy.

I was using it to bully a widowmaker that was popping off.

We still lost that game though.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Is Ult up? Use it and catch as many players inside the beam as you can.

Caveat: Is there a hog on the other team? Wait for hook before pressing Q. Same with Orisa/javelin

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

It's easier to just have a teammate in front of you.
You want your team to be in your beam anyways.

Given the janky long range hooks I've seen I'd rather not take that chance.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

municipal shrimp posted:

We've got plenty of people playing here every night since launch. We had two full groups last night.

https://discord.gg/Y2NGVs8RJv

I assume it's mostly US players?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

My game insta-crashes if I go into Carreer Overview -> History

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

Can someone please explain the Eliminations, Assists, and Final Blows to me? At first I thought that Eliminations were final hits and Assists were kills that you participated in but didn't land the last hit on. But Eliminations and Final Blows can be different numbers so I guess that's not it?

AFAIK Eliminations are kills you did the majority of damage on, Assists you did some but not most, and Final Blows you did the last little bit of damage to tip it over into a kill.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Yeah Sigma's weapon charm is the laziest poo poo in the world like, whatever, jam it in his hand

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

It's not better or worse, just different :shrug:

I mean it's worse if you can't land your sleeps like me :smith:

I find Ana is still good on maps like Hollywood and Eichenwald where you've got nice long sight lines and places where you won't instantly get jumped by a dps

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Orisa is extremely OP right now, it's insane

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Just Chamber posted:

God I wish they'd just nerf Moria's damage into the ground just to discourage your healer from running around trying to solo the other team

All characters are now DPS my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Give Ana Widowmaker's zipline thing.