Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's dead.

RIP OW1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

imagine dungeons posted:

Anyone here still horny for Junkrat?

I am despite his combed hair.

Me! I'm a Junkrat main, Roadhog being a close second.

I love my Aussie junker boys. :allears:

E: Also I paid money for the Founder's Pack, but I only realized after the fact that I basically would have gotten the same bonuses for free without paying just by virtue of owning OW1. Whoops!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Oct 4, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
First impressions:

The main menus are a lot sleeker and more streamlined than before. The game overall feels more modern.

The lighting/sound quality are a lot better than in OW1. The sound effects in particular seem a lot boomier/punchier than before, like you're actually fighting on a battlefield.

The gameplay (so far) is better too, IMO, mainly thanks to a lot less shields/stuns. You feel way more exposed, so the firefights are a lot more engaging than before. I feel like I have more of an impact on the fight as an individual than before instead of feeling like a cog in a machine I couldn't do a whole lot to steer.

Having my first match be a robot push map was incredibly disorienting and I had no idea what the hell was going on. Flashbacks to early OW1 days lol.

I tried purchasing an orange Kirko skin (orange color, not legendary) with legacy credits, but it wouldn't give me the option to equip it afterwards so I think it's bugged. Also, it's very curious that the skin/emote/etc rarities in the list are flipped from before, going from legendary to rare instead of vice-versa. The most interesting skins are obviously Battlepass-only whereas they would have been unlockable legendary skins before in OW1. Blizzard is definitely not being subtle about consumer manipulation this time around.

Facing Widowmaker is loving AWFUL with reduced shields, especially on King's Row defense.

The heroes react more dynamically to what's happening in the battle (for example: 80-50 will have your character quip they might/probably will win), but some of the new reactive voice lines are pretty cheesy ("One, two! Buckle my shoe!" urgh).

Overall, I think OW2 is more fun and engaging than OW1 was, but I'm sure to reminisce on the old days eventually.

e: Oh yeah. The new endorsement system is loving confusing and I wish they would've kept the old system instead. vvvv

Roadhog's ult feels more powerful, but landing a hook seems to need even greater precision than before. I think the max hook length has been slightly reduced as well?

Despite his increased cheesiness, I enjoy Junkrat's even zanier personality and quips and I'm cackling alongside with him whenever I make things go boom. :allears: I'm not a fan of his changed portrait icon with the clean hair, but I'm glad I can still use the old skins with the same dirty hair instead.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 5, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, can you not use the Acknowledge command to get people to pay attention to the payload anymore? Is that a separate command now?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

From my experience with the beta, supports have to look out for each other, because no other bastard will.

:lol: This is actually pretty spot-on. I played a map just earlier (I think Brazil?) where we were at a corner and an enemy Genji got behind us and was just bouncing around throwing shurikens at our backline.

Apparently I was the only one on the team who knew the secret of Turning Around and killed him to help out the support being harassed (who also did not Turn Around).

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do Twitch drop skins work? How do you obtain them?

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wait, people are actually getting it to load? I got to the main OverWatch screen but nothing was filled in, everything was gray and not even an option to queue.

Try updating your drivers. My game kept freezing and bugging out at the main menu until I downloaded and installed the latest nVidia graphics drivers.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Junkrat Mythic skin when?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I bought this orange Kiriko skin with legacy coins, but it's bugged and not letting me equip it. Any idea how to fix this?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

CuddleCryptid posted:

This may be the only game where DPS is underrepresented

After playing role queue quickplay for years in OW1, I was floored to see tanks with a longer queue time than DPS and support combined.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
(snip)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Wow, one whole Battlepass point. How generous!

E:

Also, comparison before and after the new hotfix:

I still can't equip the skin that I bought; the only difference now is that the Unlock button is disabled. :downs:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 7, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The point I'm trying to make is that you used to get a loot crate as a reward for endorsement levels. Giving a single Battlepass point is a parody by comparison.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Reaper was already nerfed before in OW1, but he feels even weaker now somehow. The boomier shotgun sound effect does not match up with how little damage he does now. :sigh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How does Sombra actually work these days? The F1 help screen says her hack disables abilities which is... not true? I think only her EMP ultimate actually disables abilities anymore. I think hacking makes enemies more vulnerable to damage.

Either way, the hero info screen seems out-of-date for Sombra.

I also don't like how they took out the ability to practice heroes in the training range from the hero gallery. You can only manually click through to the training range.

Also, is it just me or is it really finicky to cancel the automatic queue for the next match? You have to hit ESC for the cancel button to appear then click it to cancel out.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Also, did they put in Enfeebling Orb for Moira in the beta but took it out again? I think she still has a voice quip about "poison" in the final game which is a lost reference to this ability?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Despite having been announced 3 years ago, parts of this release still feel cobbled together and rushed out the door.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 8, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
The more I keep playing quickplay, the more whiplash I'm getting from years of OW1 intuition suddenly clashing with the new OW2 modus operandi.

I just played an Eichenwalde Defense match where our team kept pushing in toward their spawn from the control point. My thought pattern went something like, "Orisa! ORISA! What are you doing!? You are way out of position and you're gonna get us all killed! Come back to the chokepoint! No... wait... We just killed them all again. That's fine, I guess."

I mean, I eventually made a stupid play as Mercy and overextended for a rez which got me killed, leading to an almost complete team wipe because of arrogance, but still. Feels loving weird.

e: Speaking of which, I feel like the new changes are kind of a double-edged sword in that the action is a lot quicker and there's less shield stalemates now, leading to more fun; but on the other hand, there's little you can do to stop the whole team from crumbling once a few pegs come loose. Before, you could salvage a one-man-down team disadvantage and come out on top, but now it seems like it's the inverse.

I think between feeling like a cog in a machine unable to move the team to action before in OW1 vs being unable to stop the tide of a total wipe in OW2, I'd still rather choose the latter since the action is quicker and I feel less frustrated overall. Still, I can't help but notice the irony. Monkey's paw, etc.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Oct 8, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aipsh posted:

The tendency for people to overextend, where we’ve lost entire comp games because the whole team pushed forward one by one from 99% overtime and got wiped and the inability for people to wait at spawn to group up is so frustrating.

That last one snowballs because you have to get to the point or payload to stall while everyone else is respawning which means you’re in a permanent stagger.

I think on defense it's really tempting for people to make stupid plays/overextend because they get bored doing the same rote thing over and over again for several minutes until the match is over. Yeah, reliable strategy gets the win; but I think people get cocky and want to make daring plays to get POTG/look like a bad-rear end/get extra kills/rub it in the enemy's team face/etc and lose sight of the win condition entirely. Plus, if there's more back-and-forth action, it makes the match more exciting and people would rather feel excited than make optimal plays to secure a win.

e:

adhuin posted:

The +40% damage boost lasts 8 seconds like the wallhack part. She's pretty op at the moment.

Damage boost for Sombra only or for anyone attacking the hacked target? How does it compare to Zen's discord orb?

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Oct 8, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jack Trades posted:

It's only for her. Zen's boost is +20%.

I'm assuming they can stack, though?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats

I also think getting rid of the medals was a great idea. It was only used as a source of complaining and dick waving anyways, good riddance.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 8, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

verbal enema posted:

Being able to stop shooting and hook people during Roadhog's ult kicks rear end

:yeah:

I was playing on Lijiang Tower this morning and popped my ult on a Hanzo that was on top of the little building behind the point.

He jumped behind it to duck for cover, but then I briefly stopped my ult to psych him out as to which way I would go around the corner. I resumed firing into him as I turned the corner, just in time to knock him off the edge for an environmental kill and threw off the aim of his ult at the same time.

Feels good, man.

Also, Rein feels so, so much better to play as now than in OW1. I charged into the enemy team on the last point on Junkertown, steering at crazy trajectories to squish a healer. Then I used my ult and absolutely went to town scattering and wrecking their team. :hellyeah:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 9, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Vermain posted:

you get the sustained DPS of S76 with the anti-pharah/tracer tech of cowboy man's MB1

Not having really played much of either, is there a good reason to use one instead of the other? Does 76 do more damage over time with his sustained fire compared to Sojourn?

E: the best way Blizz could improve Rein now would be to add the train sound effect to all of his skins instead of just the train conductor one.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 9, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Eason the Fifth posted:

Removing stuns has been a wholly experience-improving decision.

:agreed:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Has anyone had issues reconnecting to comp matches after being dropped?

I was just in a Colosseo Push match and we had already spent like 8 minutes going back-and-forth on the robot. I was doing pretty well and we were seconds away from overtime when the enemy team was making a push back, looks like it's gonna be close.

Whoops, game crashed. Okay, no problem! I'll just reboot the game and reconnect to the match.

Nope, automatically suspended. Game says I'm reconnecting to the match and then just... drops with no message or warning. No way to click reconnect or anything. That's some bullshit right there. :argh:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I feel like if Tracer's ult can end up with her killing herself, then I think McCree's new homing grenade should as well.

If nothing else, it'd be really, really funny.

"Gotcha! BWAAAUGHAWA!"

E: I feel like the ping button is finicky on healers when trying to ping the control point.

It seems like there's an arbitrary distance (can't be too far or close) where the ping will actually indicate to attack or defend the control point instead of saying "come to me for healing!"

E2: Also, is there a better button to remap the ping function? It's annoying using it as Mercy since I also have weapon swap mapped to the mouse wheel scroll, so I'll accidentally swap weapons and lose my healing beam at a critical moment when I was just trying to ping an enemy.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Oct 10, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
A minor complaint, but I've noticed that the animation that plays when you get hit and staggered by Sigma's rock attack is cut off at the end. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a bug, but it doesn't play all the way through like before: you just get halfway staggered then suddenly pop back up. It's subtle, but I can see the difference.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Daily cheevo points just for being a decent person lol

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
How do you perform the Mercy Guardian jump? I thought it was shift plus CTRL at the end of the flight path? It doesn't seem to do anything special. :confused:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I've noticed quite a few pubbie tanks on defense will charge straight up to the enemy spawn door and just stay there until they inevitably die and lead everyone into a team wipe, idgi. :iiam:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 12, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

if 4 people in your team are spawncamping the enemy, you should be there with them because as long as you're spawncamping them, they're not going to contest the objective

tbh in like 99% of cases anytime your team is positioning stupidly the play is to position stupidly with them. otherwise you do no good in the fight and then you get staggered when they kill you 20 seconds after the rest of your team dies.

It feels gross and wrong to do, but you are right: the optimal play in that situation is to join in the stupidity and help support your team.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I can't stop just playing Mystery Heroes and various arcade modes. When you can't decide who to play just let the game decide for you.

I never really played Mystery Heroes in OW1, so I gave it a spin the other night.

It's... weird. Kind of feels like the Mario Party equivalent of OW. Silly, but still competitive. It at least pushes me to try other heroes I never use and gives me an excuse for when I play badly. :v:

Total Mayhem is for when you give zero fucks and just want to bask in the absurdity. I loving love constantly charging in as Rein and pushing people away. :allears:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
For as chatty and snarky as the characters are now, I would love for the game to recognize when players are pussyfooting around and avoiding the control point (or otherwise wandering off to go play an arena shooter somewhere else).

I just wish there was an OW equivalent to the Medic in TF2 shouting "Standing near ze point does NOTHING. Get ON ze POINT, dummkopfs!". Like, yeah, there's pinging and all, but it doesn't have the same bite to it.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Any recommendations for facing off against a Phamercy pair? I can't really aim for poo poo, which is why I main heroes like Junkrat, but it sucks seeing the rest of my team being helpless against Pharah as well.

Should I just train Soldier 76 or something?

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Ugh, God support just feels like rear end to play in most pubbie matches. I don't remember it being this bad in OW1 like how it is now.

I'll try to pocket somebody as Mercy, enemy Genji steps around a corner to start wailing on me, DPS/Tank I'm pocketing just heads forward in one direction oblivious to my pleas for help. Rinse, wash, repeat. Zero situational awareness.

Also, it seems like you either insta-kill the enemy or get killed yourself or support just erases all damage immediately, there's little if any middle ground when it comes to dealing damage and making it stick.

E: I especially hate when the tank constantly charges forward solo into an enemy team of 5, leaving the rest of us to trickle in. There's no way for the rest of us to make headway when the game rhythm is so hosed because of a dumbass tank.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Oct 17, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Being able to cancel your charge as Rein is such a huge game-changer. It's basically like being Dva on the ground with a huge hammer, which allows me to be more unpredictable with my movement.

While it was funny to do suicide charges off the map or felt awesome timing it just right to flight somebody off the edge of the map, Rein is just awesome all around to play as now.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
It's really funny whenever I charge in for a pin and the enemy Kiriko pops up next to them. I can almost hear them making GBS threads their pants as I swing for an extra free kill. :twisted:

PhazonLink posted:

you know I kinda miss the endorsements for the other team. miss giving them during mirror duels such as Rein V Rein

:same:

E: Also, I want to ask: who exactly is the shop meant for?

Nothing in the shop seems worth buying, and I'm not going to buy anything in there on a whim or for heroes I barely play at $20 USD a pop.

Even if it is for a hero I do play, the skins in the shop are kind of new garbage or recycled old content anyways compared to what you can get only through the Battlepass (I mean, the majority of BP content is filler garbage too, but the BP exclusives are better than what you can buy in the shop).

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 20, 2022

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Splinter posted:

This video goes over most of her OW2 tech for those interested in learning this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAqWz0KuuPI

I prefer playing Mercy the most out of all the supports and still don't get how to do the Guardian Angel jump tech yet, so I'll be checking this out later. Thanks! :D

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Aipsh posted:

:Edit: despite all this, it’s given me an excuse to properly play with Mercy’s new movement tech, which is really cool and realise that baptiste can be a killing machine once you’ve got some good aiming practice in

I wish Blizzard would have revamped the training field to provide actual guided practice for this, or provided targets that reflect actual gameplay like a Pharah-bot floating through the air.

poo poo like this would provide a better New Player Experience than just slapping on a hero lock and calling it a day

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Jack B Nimble posted:

I believe it was faster in TF2and maybe it's just created a myth?

https://youtu.be/pdO9uKpzaYU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
No, Genji, I'm not going to dive way past the robot into the enemy team to heal you while you try to 1v5 them, no matter how many times you spam "I need healing."

No, it's not the team's fault for you not getting healing when you're a million miles away from your own team/the objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I don't really care what people say, getting constantly dove on by Genji as Mercy/Zen sucks and switching to Moira counters them enough for them to switch. That's good enough for me.