Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I know none of you have the taste or self respect to not play this game but you better not give them a single loving dollar.

Please keep telling me how to spend my money!

I might be mistaken and I don't really have time to go internet detective, but I thought the general narrative was that Jeff didn't do anything outright harmful, but did know what was going on and never spoke up? Still lovely and good riddance, but at least he's not an actual sex pest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Also, make sure your settings don't place a bandwidth cap for pre-release downloads, it did for me and I downloaded about 10% of the game at 100kbps before I realized what the problem was.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Every odd season is supposed to have a hero, so my guess is that the PvE will be tied to the battlepass during even seasons. Having characters locked behind battlepass means that releasing a battlepass without one will always give the impression that it is worth less than the others, so they must have something planned for those.

Obviously pvp maps have to be free for everyone, so that only leaves PvE modes unless they add an extra mythic skin and think that'll be enough. Chances are they have a few plans and will wait to see the reception to the game and it's monetization before settling on exactly how they'll monetize what's supposed to be their next big thing.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

i'm going to play this again for some reason. did they ever make zenyatta playable?

Zen has always been strong with his discord hasn't he? He now has an improved melee that does more damage and knockbacks people and it is loving hilarious.

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 4, 2022

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

BabyRyoga posted:

Gee, I wonder why all these streamers are able to login to the game, but none of us are.

All of the streamers I watch have gotten DC and are staring at the queue, but keep the tinfoil hat on.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Game is still good. Hell, it may be better.

New Zen kick is probably one of the funniest things in the game and whoever came up with that simple and perfect buff needs a raise. I had an blade Genji dash towards me and come up just a tiny bit short, kicked him on his stupid face then headshot him two meters away.

I'm hoping they'll refine the battlepass system. It's ridiculous we can only buy skin currency with real money and (and I can't believe I'm saying this) I miss lootboxes? Obviously not buying them, which I don't think anyone sane ever did, but opening a new, kinda lame skin was still fun. Now there's a bunch of recolours and old skin that you need to pay for? Who the gently caress is going to buy those? It'll just make the game less varied visually when everyone is just wearing the BP skins.

They should've followed Apex's model closer. At least the weekly and seasonal challenges are actually kinda fun and promote hero diversity. Curious about what Hero Challenges will be, specially since most seasonal challenges seem to be hero based.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Bleck posted:

Zenyatta should be able to teleport short distances, for no other reason than I think it would be cool.

Kicking the ground should send you flying a-la Baptiste.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Scholtz posted:

can all Japanese people climb walls?

And do magic!

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Making the DPS passive not apply on blade kills would go a long way, too. Nanoblade is practically inescapable.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Kiriko chat: I think she's really great and a fun addition to the game. Honestly all three new heroes are pretty nice, even if Junker Queen loving sucks after her beta nerf.

One of my favourite things about Kiriko is her zen-like ability to delete a flanker that tries to jump you plus, unlike zen, being able to escape them if you miss your first two shots. Too bad Genji is the most played flanker right now, since he's the hardest of them all to headshot, but it's very fun to get jumped by a mediocre sombra (all of them are, it's just the character carrying them) or tracer, turning a corner and spamming kunai at head level. Ding ding, flanker dead.

Her biggest weakness is how low her DPS is outside of the headshots. She's useless vs tanks, and twice as bad against barriers. Pharrah is also a nightmare. I switch to zen when any of these is a problem, which I think is the spirit of the game. Honestly, supports seem like the most balanced role, very map and team dependant but all of them have a place on the game.

Battlepass chat: I'm playing casually, but still doing my dailies and at least 5 weeklies, and I've just gotten to lvl 55. No boosts or anything, but I'm going to be very sour when I can't play the new character for three weeks while I face them constantly on qp.

I miss loot boxes. It was nice to end up a game session with a new silly voiceline to spam or a different skin to switch to sometimes. I understand having to make money, and legendary skins make sense to be shop-only, but some crumbs to f2p players would be nice, specially for the dumb poo poo nobody with a sound mind would spend money on, like sprays and victory poses.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

dogstile posted:

I'm currently just refusing to play Orisa and using Winston/Hog everywhere.

It's amazing how many people will accuse me of throwing because they're letting Orisa 4v1 in the backline while I have 4 people on me in the frontline. I guess they'll stubbornly keep playing Cree on R66 first point though. I'm sure they'll assault the high ground soon.

Ha, I feel like this is every game, two teams 4v1 the raid boss Orissa. Whichever team has the healers that can multitask better win.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Man, I really want the event Echo skin (even if it's an old ow2 skin AND has absolutely nothing to do with the year of the rabbit), but it forces me to play CTF blitz which has to be the dumbest loving mode.

Race to score first so the enemy team leaves and then score 4 more times uncontested! Yet another mode in which tanks are absolutely overpowered!

Now I have to farm normal CTF too, which at least is a game you can play but still completely broken.

At least this time there's no "get 300 kills with a specific character" challenge.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Just try to imagine that you're the opposing team's Ana and just use it at the exact moment that would infuriate them the most.

This is exactly how I place my Mei walls.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Give Rein a fortify when he charges and reduce the charge CD if he stops it without hitting anything.

Zoom Rein S3 meta.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

this is true but also Rammatra is fine apart from his ult

And there's always junker queen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Andrigaar posted:

The game has had mirrored left and right on my headset for the past 2+ years no matter what I do. The stompy feet are just another issue on the pile.

Put them on backwards!