Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I can't for the life of me find the pre-load for this on the Series X store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So is this playable on Xbox yet? I seem to just be stuck in a queue that doesn’t move.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I queued last night for nearly 30 minutes even though the queue was only 700 people, then it started playing the intro cinematic and immediately booted me saying my profile had been signed out. Lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Buh. Getting disconnected immediately when I try to log in now. The two games I've managed to play so far have been fun I guess

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm trying to sign in on PS5 and it's immediately kicking me out with a LC-208, like before the account merge fix. I swear to God

Same and so are lots of other people. I really don’t understand how this merged account poo poo is so complicated.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Haven't been able to play since the downtime as well as a ton of people with merged console accounts, and barely any acknowledgement and zero ETA. lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Omnikin posted:

lol I can't be the only one but getting disconnected from a match for earning achievements is some real lame poo poo. Getting some real pavlov's response too, I Lucio ulted a full team Hanzo ult and got the "block x damage with Lucio" achievement

It's like, ping! blue box pops up

gently caress, NO

disconnect

edit - and because I'm a glutton, on lunch so I'm like "ok one quick play", someone was just talking about Winston so I'll try him out for the first time in a few years

trigger ult, jump deep into enemy team, start swinging like crazy, get anger management achievement, disconnect. Lunch is over I guess

Same problem lmao.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Casual part time job maybe

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It sucks to be locked out of a character if you just play casually. I will probably just suck it up and buy the battlepasses with new characters since there's almost no way I'm getting through the BP to that point.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Wheeee posted:

If you keep all communication disabled in team based games you should stick to single player games, you don’t have the emotional maturity to handle playing with others, and the mental shrug you just did reading that since you don’t give a poo poo about other peoples’ experiences is a part of your behavioural problem.

:ok:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else find the robot push maps tough as a healer? Granted I suck but man those maps just seem to have a ton of flanking spots and when the robot zips around you have to have your head on a gd swivel.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

OW2 keeps crashing on my PC for reasons I can’t figure out, so I linked my Nintendo account and I am now playing on Switch.

I didn’t realize it was possible for me to be worse at this game, but here we are. Also I can’t decide if the movement tracking on the controller is helpful or cursed.

I play on switch sometimes when I can’t play on Xbox and the joycons are sooo bad for shooters.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I have only completed 1 weekly challenge so far. As a casual player this game is gonna give gently caress all without ponying up.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

adhuin posted:

That is super casual.

As in not play 10 matches a week casual.

Which weekly challenge is just playing 10 matches? I play maybe 2-4 matches most days, although sometimes none if I’m busy.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

adhuin posted:

There's the deal damage, heal and mitigate ones and then maybe play 7 matches with someone not in your top 3?

I have that last one and I’ll probably get the heal one before the weeks out. It’s just funny that I won’t even get these absolute penny shavings.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The immortality field feels so inconsistent. It's cool when it works though.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mind over Matter posted:

Man, Baptiste has a fun kit. Shame that his character/presentation is (in my opinion) an annoying dweeb.

He looks nearly more Generic Shooterguy than S76 somehow.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So if you're getting harassed by Sombra/Tracer/Genji these days as a support and your team is doing gently caress all about it what do you do? Switch to Brig? I find it really bad on the new maps especially the robot push ones.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’d be cool if All Roles had even an outside shot of anything other than support.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

smug pedant posted:

Any ideas why my queues on xbox are literally 4x as long as on Switch? Same bnet account and both are cross platform enabled but if I want to play RIGHT NOW the only option is my Switch.

Bad luck or one is somehow connecting to a different region? I play on both and can’t say I’ve noticed much difference.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I haven’t seen anyone type anything into chat on console in QP. It’s a blissfully mute experience.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I find Kiriko so unsatisfying to use even though her kit is pretty powerful. None of it feels fun to use to me.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ok yall have convinced me. powerful kit that is not fun for me to play!

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

Finished the battle pass just now at what I'd consider was an average/casual pace to me. Really not that bad progression if you're playing the game (and enjoying it I guess, lmao). Value wise seems like it's ok tbh.

I'm at level 23 at what I consider a casual pace.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
that skin kinda sucks and highlights how generic Kiriko's design is outside of the skin lol.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Bastion is fine lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Even the premium battle pass is mostly trash. The free one is full on a joke

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Pattonesque posted:

a fun thing about OW lore is that in six years the lore is basically "Overwatch might be getting back together to fight ????"

Compare this to what Riot has done in the same time lol.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Why even have All Roles q in comp Roles Queue. It's just a second Support queue.

I have gotten DPS once since OW2 was released lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
So are they gonna buff Brig at all. She feels real bad now. Pretty funny that the "tanky" support feels most like a sitting duck now.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

teagone posted:

I did open queue for a couple matches and I don't understand why you wouldn't pick at least two tanks, why even pick that mode if you're just playing regular roles lmao.

because you don’t care?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm at level like... 38 in the BP cause all I have time for is a few matches maybe 5 times a week. Sadly I will probably pony up for the new one to get the new hero cause it's real dicey whether I will grind enough to get them.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I’m fine playing support but I’d love an All Roles queue that was actually all roles and not just a second support queue.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mindblast posted:

I discovered The Horse. The Horse does not die and is very angry. I wouldn't be surprised if there are hard counters to her but I'm just stomping around in unranked and it is glorious. She's so aggressive and her capacity to delete one 200 hp target almost no matter what is p big. Idk how to play her decently on defense but if Im on offense, am tanking, and something needs breaching I bring out The Horse and sow death and chaos.

I just realized the joy of playing her on illeos well last night

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
It’s wild to me that they can’t fix tracer until season 2 lol

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I love Orisa

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Blizz basically killed off tank and then their first new tank was an off tank

Thankfully they’re fixing this by giving us an ur-tank next

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I refuse to believe Ramattra isn’t op af

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

F.D. Signifier posted:

Did 3 all role queues for my dailies and actually had one match as a tank, one as a dps, and one as support. That never happened before. I wonder if they made some changes to give people more variety?

I would love it if this was the case cause that daily challenge taunts me but I'm sick of playing nothing but support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

As someone whose posts mostly consist of bitching abut solo queue I concur that the most unfun thing you can do in this game, and probably in any video game out today and possibly in any video game created by humankind is to solo queue as support. Since dailies ask of it of you (to queue as all) just tear off that bandage quickly, get it over with then queue up as DPS and/or tank and you'll enjoy yourself 10000000% more, even if you get stomped you'd at least have the pleasure of some good gunplay and not playing healbot to the rest of the team.

I just don’t do it at all anymore. Life is too short to solo queue support