Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

I'm gonna park myself in Mystery Heroes and randomly lob Junkrat grenades everywhere while spamming voice lines, just like the old days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Finally got in and spammed some junk grenades in mystery heroes for while. I had a reasonably good time doing so.

Sure does seem like some Overwatch-rear end Overwatch! Worst thing I can really say about it is I guess I gotta re-queue after every match now? Oh, and suddenly it takes too many clicks of my hello button to get D.Va to say "hey daddio" with her Cruiser skin equipped, what the hell

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Turning this into a F2P game (free-to-start, whatever) has had some funny effects, like last night when I somehow managed to fully back-cap a point by myself as Tracer while the entire enemy team was busy picking random fights around the spawn. I don't think I've seen that happen since 2016

Got my first OW2 POTG via D.Va dunk, as you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vv4qV3qNRWI

I'd like to think the Goldenboy tag in the kill feed is the Goldenboy but that's probably a stretch

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Heh, pretty sure some of my dailies today are bugged and won't progress, plus the weekly challenge for healing somehow reset itself with two hours left :shepface:

They probably need more than just a couple hours of emergency maintenance is what I'm saying

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Kwolok posted:

If you don't earn a hero through the battle pass before the season ends, after the season the hero can be unlocked via challenges. So don't think if you miss out you simply can't get it later

Hero locks also seem to be specific to comp so if you're like me and all you do is bounce between Mystery Heroes and the arcade modes then the battle pass really is just cosmetics, maybe they'll make that worse next time though depending on where the bulk of the playerbase settles, but for now for me personally the only thing in there of interest is maybe the D.Va EDM skin, and is that :10bux: worth of interest? Ehh

Progression is too slow though and they probably need some extra hook that isn't a lootbox to replace the old OW1 level ups, especially for those times when you finish a hard fought lengthy match but don't finish any challenges so the best you get for your time is one more inch on the bar towards some middling cosmetic you don't care about

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

Isn't match XP a trickle compared to Daily/Weekly challenges?

Compared to the challenges, yeah, match XP seems about the same as it was in OW1 after the daily first win bonus. At least for my beer league rear end, anyway. If performance bonuses are still a thing I wouldn't know about that

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

A lot of old unforced errors largely unseen since 2016 are returning to us once again, truly nature is healing

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Mystery Heroes also takes the edge off chat toxicity a bit since most players will chill out and roll with the punches knowing that team composition is out the window

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

It looks like you're trying to Kitsune Rush. Would you like some help?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Scholtz posted:

(Clipkit)

Holy poo poo

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

Quotey posted:

Didn't Hanzo kill Genji or something?

No one is ever truly dead. There's the Black Mountain, and...

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

space kobold posted:

I had a real bonding experience with my fellow souls lost in limbo. Even left and was re-queued back into the same room, so I had to accept my fate.

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

By the time of Overwatch's 2070s or whenever all the people who used the p-word will have been booted off the planet