Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm not looking forward to whatever monetisation scheme they're cooking up for the PvE

"Please wait 5 minutes to reload. 20 minutes of fast reload can be purchased for 50 OWbucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Please get your skills out of Bronze 5, we're supposed to suck down here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Kiriko's ult is going to be the trigger for my inevitable stroke, I swear.

STAND IN THE BLUE PATCH IT MAKES YOU DO GOODER! That means you, 76, who just ran through it to get in front of the payload to pop visor completely outside of it. Right down the edge of the back side of the payload so you still have cover to duck behind, but it's fine, don't stand in it, I don't care. Someone's making toast and it smells good.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

headcase posted:

It's kind of hard to pull off when someone can disengage like sombra or ball, or when the enemy comp involves snipers and divers.

Also below plat, there is always a few people W-ing to point with their brain off and without their team. I can imagine it being hard to engineer team kills in bronze quickplay.

One in every ten games or so. The W trickle is real down here.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

Sooo...Bastion but a Tank?
With Sojourn being "Widow but good" I feel like they're running out of ideas.

I mean it's not like they did something goofy like "Genji, but healer"

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

dogstile posted:

In other news i'm winning the vast majority of my games as junker queen (75% so far) in Masters. I still feel like I have to work way harder than other tanks to do the same thing but that extra bleed actually helped. I survive for way longer now.

E: Nevermind i started talking about it so my next few matches have been people throwing because i'm on JQ

JQ makes me wish for a return to 6v6 more than anything else in the game right now. She's such an amazing brawler who's a terrible solo tank, but I think if she had a defensive partner she'd be perfect. She's forced to commit without an exit plan in order to be effective and that's what's holding her back.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Also a B5 support, and if you can shove a Kiriko up Rammtra's rear end he becomes an unstoppable tyrant down here. Suzu counters his major weaknesses, Fox makes him terrifyingly fast, and her healing output is enough to keep him up in either form as long as he's stingy with his shield to protect himself in caster form. Unfortunately, finding a reasonably competent Kiriko AND Ram in the same match has been extremely rare so far.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Can't lose a rank when you're cemented in Bronze 5!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

JQ feels too safe in her design right now, and she's just not good enough to be a solo tank. She could be a really unique rushdown tank with just a couple changes and easily carve out a unique niche in the roster instead of being "Roadhog's kit, but worse"

She should be closer to a berserker who gets more threatening the longer she's in melee range

Move Axe to primary weapon, Shotgun to secondary. Remove cooldown on axe swing, increase movement speed by 5% for x seconds for every bleed applied, up to some hard cap.

Shotgun is fine? Maybe a small damage adjustment to make it more effective at midrange and reduce it's 1 shot potential at close range to encourage more axe use in melee.

Knife needs a little larger hitbox and the pull needs more consistent positioning. Add a second stack of bleed to someone who's been yanked, maybe? Knife feels unrewarding and difficult to use for something that's supposed to be a character defining move.

Shout should be in a good place since JQ's self sustain will be off the charts (compared to current) so it can be used as an engagement tool or defensive.

Ult needs some help. It's already one of the weakest tank ults in the game, and that's before Kiriko drops a Suzu on the whole thing. Mechanically it's hard to aim with the long windup, and the exit animation leaves you facing away from your targets, potentially far away. Proposed redesign: Windup time reduced, now deals half it's damage up front. When the mortal strike effect is applied to any player, JQ receives full capped benefit of the bleeding regeneration and speed boost for y seconds.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

dogstile posted:

I'm a Junker Stan and legitimately think that if they stop being cowards and give her some form of armour she won't be basically a throw pick against the more traditional tanks. Right now she's kinda good against Winston but so is everyone. Ball she's fine with if she's got some help. Everyone else kinda burns her so you have to be talking and have a team that's willing to work with your 15 second shout cd or whatever it is. Engaging with it is really good.

Also if the other team isn't running kiriko (they should, but still), sombra + queen ult literally kills entire teams.

A solid 150 armor in place of HP would do wonders.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Like, cmon man, you can't tell me Moira is straight.

Moira ain't got no time for pesky human emotions, it'll get in the way of the SCIENCE. She only goes for Omnics.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

I expect ether a fire rate reduction on the turret, or a 10-15 hp reduction on the shots. Maybe a bit more "ammo" on M2, but it heals at a slightly slower rate. Gun seems fine in terms of burst, maybe a little slower charge but less recovery to spray the underpowered shot

She's strong, but I think a good amount of that is people learning to deal with her. Once people figure out to start watching for that turret, I suspect she's going to be a lot lower on the "So OP!" scale.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Kiriko is eating good right now. Teleport's working again, Suzu might be even stronger now than it was before, and her body shots aren't completely useless anymore.

People are going to be shouting for nerfs again.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

heard u like girls posted:

Why is it so freaking hard to climb out of bronze 5, the absolute bottom tier of comp players?

Bronze 5, in terms of OW's 0-5000 skill rank numbering, is literally 0-1000. After that, you're humming along at about 100 SR per tier.

Get stuck somewhere around 6-700 to start and it takes a long time to pull out of the pit.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Balanced matchmaking, y'all.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what are you doing that you do 83k damage but only get 4 kills in 7 hours.

Lobbing thorns down range results in a lot of damage and assists, but almost no solo kills.

BabyRyoga posted:

You are dying 8 times per 10 minutes? Do you work for Blizzard or something?

Welcome to bronze 5 role queue support. Ironically, also silver 4 in open queue. Placed both of them with full 15 losses this season.

This season, I mained Lifeweaver because while you can't heal the stupid down here, you can at least forcibly reposition it and prevent the inevitable Orisa ult from wiping your team. The number of times over the course of this season that I've out damaged at least one dps while primarily heal botting was far too many while barely pulling 2k a game. Combined with the usual bronze joys of DPS running off to try to camp spawn while all five of the red team are on point, sniper Doomfists, sub 1000 healing support partners, losing a 1v5 and blaming the healers, the endless parade of smurfs who seemed to only get asked on the red team...

It was just extra brutal this season.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Welp, my mostly casual rear end just unlocked Mauga. Expect nerf announcements within the week.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

pointlessone posted:

Welp, my mostly casual rear end just unlocked Mauga. Expect nerf announcements within the week.

I hate when I'm right.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

SpeakSlow posted:

Ok, so basically just slap fights over the meta and balancing.

Same as it ever was.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

remove Quick Play, add Mystery Heroes Role Queue.

Would play the heck out of this. Having a role balanced team is vital to succeed in OW2 more than ever, and getting your third Widow draw when your team has no supports just misery.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Hot take: Ana can remain useless for a while. We're finally free of whoever lands anti deciding fight outcomes for a minute, let her sit for a while.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

toadee posted:

In a few games so far my "well I don't have anyone I can set up to assassinate right now, might as well just spray the crowd to tag everyone with the DPS passive" play with Sombra is a bit less effective for sure

Dang, that was my go to move!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah, we don't play comp during April Fools week.