Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Kinda sad that I won’t be home to see OW1’s servers shut down. At least I won the last game played before logging off last night, so that’s a positive.

It was mystery heroes, btw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Game is good (when you can play it)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I got 3000 league tokens from account merging LOL

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Rein is actually fun to play now holy poo poo

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I don’t know why, but Winston doesn’t seem as effective now. DVa seems to be doing Winston’s job way better

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Jack Trades posted:

Less protection also means the opponents team has zero reason to stack together which means the opposite of fatter nades.

Also the existence of Kiriko is a significant counter to Ana

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Also, Rein feels so, so much better to play as now than in OW1. I charged into the enemy team on the last point on Junkertown, steering at crazy trajectories to squish a healer. Then I used my ult and absolute went to town scattering and wrecking their team. :hellyeah:

gently caress yeah Rein feels great now. Charges are much more forgiving now and you can charge to reposition as much as you can to try and get a kill.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Man, people are really toxic in game.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I've had to re-learn how to mute somebody in chat

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Man, I was wondering why so many games had Lucios and especially Lucio/Moira combos. Those games were also super one-sided. It's because so many folks are getting hit with that locked character bug. That's gotta be super frustrating

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

PunkBoy posted:

I could use some advice on when/how to play Brigitte. I'm having issues keeping alive, and I think it's because I'm playing too far forward to keep in melee range. Where should I position myself, and should I be playing aggressively, or try to stick behind the tank?

You have three primary tasks as Brig: 1) Stay alive, 2) keep inspire going, 3) keep your other support alive. Inspire lasts for 6 seconds and activates off of melee, whip shot, and shield bash, so you don’t need to be activating it super often. Whip shot is going to be the safest way to keep Inspire going, so you should look to whip shot people playing out in the open as often as possible. I like to stick to the sides, peeking around cover and coming out to hit a whip shot.

If someone is out of position and taking damage, I’ll come out to throw them a heal pack , then duck back behind cover. If you have to move across open ground, use shield bash to move a little faster then keep your shield pointed the enemy front line. You are one of the most survivable supports, and if you die before the fight breaks out then you’ve really hosed up and should feel bad. But if you play like a scared fox then you’ll stay alive and get more value.

If your other support is something like an Ana or Bap, you need to keep looking toward the edges for flankers. Genji/Reaper/Tracer/Sombra should be eating whip shots to keep them away as you call out their positions. You can easily 1v1 Genji and Sombra, but Tracer is a little more difficult and Reaper should be avoided. Hit them with melee or whip shot, hold up your shield for a second or two to heal, melee/shield bash a little more, shield, then if they haven’t run away then go ahead and kill them.

When the fight breaks out, just get in there and swing. Hit Rally at the start of the fight or right before. Don’t get into a fight with the enemy Reinhardt because you’ll lose. If a Rein gets into hammer range, turn around 180 and shield bash away then try to get to safety.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I can't wait to get out of the elo where new players are ending up. I don't want to be toxic but they're absolutely braindead, will not switch, and will not talk

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 19, 2022

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hyzenth1ay posted:

Brand new player here.

I cannot switch because I am locked out of more than half the characters (and I don’t know who to switch to anyway since I’ve played like six games).

I cannot talk because I am locked out until higher level.

I cannot even text until 20 games in.

I am definitely realizing this game is not for new players so good thing I spent $0

Oh drat. Now I feel like an rear end in a top hat

EDIT: I'm talking about competitive. Are these restrictions still in place for new players in comp?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

AndNowMax posted:

Played as Brig the other day and kept getting dumpstered by Sombra. She’d hack me and then one-clip me before I could get my shield/cooldowns back. A couple games later I played as Sombra and just ruined the game for the enemy Brig; she couldn’t turn around fast enough to block the hack and her stocky hitbox was pretty easy to hit from just outside of flail range.

Anyways it’s a really weird meta when Sombra hard-counters Brig, so she probably needs a nerf right quick.

Just turn your shield towards Sombra and whip shot. You shouldn't lose in the 1v1

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I do appreciate the fact that they’re putting “Control Maps” and “Hybrid Maps” as arcade modes. It’s a good way to finish the daily challenges

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I also moved jump/wall ride to RMB and it helped a lot. There's something about controlling everything with one hand that makes it much easier. I also bound boop to space bar and kept melee on mouse5

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The sexiest Junkrat

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

gently caress YEAH

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

I've uninstalled this dumb game twice now and still keep coming back because I really like the game it's just the toxic people I don't like.

Turning off auto join text/voice chat in settings helps a lot, but I totally feel you on getting poo poo on because people don't know how to interpret the scoreboard.

The thing that's been bugging me the most is being stuck in bronze 5 because I have to rely on my team to actually pull off a win. It doesn't matter how well you play if you don't win, you don't advance. Why everyone doesn't start at gold or plat then get sorted from there is beyond me. Adjusting the base to start everyone at bronze 5 seems real dumb because that lumps newly ranked players into lobbies with gold's that don't know how to play the game beyond "shoot man's with bullets".

The standard response to this complaint is "just get better" or "win matches and eventually you will rank up" I can control my skill with practice, but I can't control my team staggering, or someone throwing, or someone playing orisa like widow because Stylosa said she was OP or whatever. The last time I played comp, I went 13 straight losses. I'm willing to accept my aim isn't great, and sometimes I make dumb plays, but I'm not terrible. I have a 57% win rate in QP, but I'm upside down on comp wins at a rate of double the losses. It seems like in QP, people just play better than they do in comp.

In my bronze lobbies I'm seeing mercy players using advanced movement techniques, and clowning on teams with more kills than their DPS. Meanwhile, my Rammatra tank is playing like a new Sigma player hanging way back and trying to poke through the shield from the back line at an orisa while the pharmercy combo is housing us from the sky, and Ash is sniping the support from across the map (hyperbolically).

I don't know, I guess I'm just bad and need to spend two hours a day in Kovaks training so I can be marginally less bad and live in silver forever?

Post a replay code. I’m sure that someone will help review it

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It’s not a perfect heuristic, but if your DPS doesn’t have a positive K/D ratio and your other team members do, then that player is a problem. Overwatch only requires you to contribute some damage to an enemy to get an elimination. If someone is consistently going into a fight and getting killed before they can successfully contribute to an elimination, you can reliably point to that as an issue.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's fun as a tank brawl mode. The more Lucios there are, the worse it becomes because you'll end up being chain-stunned over and over and over and over

Lucio is the only fun character to play in that mode and everyone knows it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Mind over Matter posted:

Have any tips or advice for getting better with her? Ashe's kit is one of my favorites in the game but I won't lie when I say I feel pretty terrible at playing her most of the time.

I'm pretty bad in general but I specifically want to get better with her.

Get to high ground and never leave