Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

switch region to asia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

mystery heroes and open queue is way more palatable now

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

verbal enema posted:

I have enough of the free overwatch funbux to unlock either Cultist Zenyatta or Banshee Moira

I'm also 50 compet time tokens away from getting my second golden weapon and both skin would benefit heavily with that

gently caress!!

Zenthulu is one of my fave skins I have and I barely even play zen

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

If you focus center mass then it does no damage at all.

omnic form primary fire isn't for the damage, it's for farming your ult which is Very Good

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

iirc they said they were gonna talk about pve in april or something

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I think mercy might actually be dumpstered now. Her guardian angel only gets the 1.5 sec CD if you don't jump or crouch out of GA. Which is practically never. If you jump or crouch, it's actually a 3 sec CD which is even worse than live.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Unlucky7 posted:

I haven't played since Overwatch 1 and I am finally thinking about giving OW2 a try. I like to play Tank (Mostly Reinhardt) mainly though I would go into support occasionally. Any Tank or Support tips so I do not drag my team down?

#1 thing you can do as a tank to keep your supports happy is to be mindful of when you are going around a corner/through a door and breaking LOS with your healers. Try not to be out of their sight for too long unless you know you can make a play.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Makeshift cover for dva/soldier/cassidy/ashe ults seems good

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Tagichatn posted:

I got some sort of pass or bundle with my new video card for this so I figured it's a good time to check out OW2. What's a good newbie character to start off with? I played some OW1 years ago but I don't remember much.

if you're not great at aiming theres Torbjorn, Mei, Symmetra, and Junkrat for damage. Mercy is probably the easiest healer to heal with, while I'd say moira is typically the best healer at staying alive (who also doesn't rely much on aim)

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

sym and junk aren't as forgiving as mei/torb but in beginner lobbies the sym turrets do a lot of work, and junkrat just has a stupidly effective ult.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

his damage and healing are not good enough to justify an opportunity window for your opponents in the form of reloading. Just let him shoot infinitely, and maybe also increase the damage per thorn slightly

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

the point of armor is to make healing more effective on the armored target. If you take it away you'd have to rebalance so many other numbers on supports and dps it would be a nightmare

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

junker queen is uhhhh very good now

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I'd settle for just making the hitbox on his alt fire a bit bigger

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

In the time it took blizzard to not make pve + 1 year, tears of the kingdom was made and shipped. Lol blizzard are so unproductive.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

mutata posted:

Tears of the Kingdom development started in 2017.

OW2 development started in either early 2019 or sometime in 2018 (so 1ish more year compared to totk), however blizzard said their PVE vision of the game had at least some people working on it since the launch of overwatch 1.

Just to reiterate: lol.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

mutata posted:

You have the population en masse coming emailing you about your cars and why did you make the car have 4 wheels what are you a loving idiot don't you know that the only way to do cars is 3 wheels why can't you make cars with 3 wheels, are you stupid? Here's a photograph of your house, you loving rear end in a top hat, I know your address now.

Sorry, but I've seen the pipeline a lot over the years. A game publisher makes a corporate decision like any company, gamers get mad online, gamers literally make up reasons to be mad about poo poo they don't understand, and then game devs get harassed and threatened PERSONALLY. And no, I'm not accusing specific individuals in this thread of that, but it's literally this same process every time, and that process is playing out in this thread. I'm gonna keep posting about it because it's the only dopamine I get these days, I guess.

Edit: To address your comments more directly, yes I am saying that "lol they worked on OW2 for a long time, they're such idiots. Not like Nintendo!" is NOT a legitimate criticism and is in fact part of the above cycle. So sure, some complaints and criticisms are legitimate. Many are not. Many also feed into a machine that propagates abuse because 'where my video game?!'

:shrug: The contrast just struck me between how enormous a game can be made in a similar timeline, while blizzard is so poorly managed that they couldn't even push out a handful of levels worth of content. To be clear, I am not under the impression that the game devs are just bad or slow or whatever and I assume this is corporate's fault in the big picture.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

they just announced a bunch of new overwatch stuff in the xbox showcase:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1CIhfaI0Hs

The cg trailer for some of the pve stuff looked really cool. It's a shame most of that is gonna be stuff they canceled.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

the buffs sounded pretty significant, is he really still that bad?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

another insignificant buff for lifeweaver today, and would you believe he still sucks?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

volley ball is pretty fun :)

don't pick mercy

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I think he wanted tank suggestions.

Zarya is one of those tanks that doesn't exactly have a hard tank counter, so you just gotta play around her bubbles and pick whoever you're good at mostly. Sigma can be okay against her cause he can keep his distance and also knock her rear end down when you see her use her 2nd bubble. Queen can struggle against her if zarya knows to time bubble to deny the healing from queen's E, and also bubble cleanses purple. DVa has a hard time because she can't eat the beam.

If you're any good at hog, he can obliterate her through her bubble with his ult, and force her bubbles onto CD by grabbing her team mates.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

one thing I wish more people would realize is that when zarya is at full charge, you might as well just shoot through every bubble she uses at that point since she aint getting any stronger.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Cowslips Warren posted:

I just want the 6v6 to come back and no set loving roles. Like maybe no one wants to play as a tank or everyone wants to be a tank, it shouldn't matter!

that's what open queue is for

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

dogstile posted:

Yeah them balancing for 5v5 one buff tank definitely didn't gently caress that mode.

I totally get the desire for 6v6 but like, that's entirely separate from whether they should enforce roles. Open queue and role queue are both valid imo

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

I just wish they would bring back group finder.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

im depressed lol posted:

emerald cuck king's bird media domain

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Dick Jones posted:

Good thing I slowly ground out a few hundred coins during S4 and S5 to put me over the 1500 mark because now Blizzard will definitely allow me to spend that $15 worth of coins on the $15 Invasion Bundle. Going to take a big sip of coffee as I click on the shop this Thursday...

When Brigitte swings her mace? It's one of those pre-rendered cutscenes like they had in Retribution and Storm Rising. Those all play at a more cinematic 24fps.

nah there was definitely something wrong with that clip

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

toadee posted:

Illari does something Lifeweaver still manages to avoid: feel fun and satisfying.

the other thing she does that lifeweaver doesn't is get kills

speaking of which, they buffed lifeweaver a lot yet again. I have a feeling it's still not enough, and won't be until they give him an appreciable amount of damage.

also get rid of his reloading already!!!

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

only played each new map once but flashpoint mode is fun imo and the maps seem well made

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hate the flashpoint maps because mobility is key so you can't really play Ana on them. Also they go on forever.

I like it better than going through 3 separate control maps and having to load into each one and wait for the match to start

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

dogstile posted:

Doesn't she just jump away from you?

Both her heals can't go through Winston bubble and he can take out her turret pretty easily

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

supports who can Get Kills are king

which is why lifeweaver is bad

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

didnt they get buffed recently to last an entire second longer?

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

some footage of new sombra in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3qVpaLqfJM

I actually think this looks a lot more fun and engaging

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

pointlessone posted:

Lobbing thorns down range results in a lot of damage and assists, but almost no solo kills.

Welcome to bronze 5 role queue support. Ironically, also silver 4 in open queue. Placed both of them with full 15 losses this season.

This season, I mained Lifeweaver because while you can't heal the stupid down here, you can at least forcibly reposition it and prevent the inevitable Orisa ult from wiping your team. The number of times over the course of this season that I've out damaged at least one dps while primarily heal botting was far too many while barely pulling 2k a game. Combined with the usual bronze joys of DPS running off to try to camp spawn while all five of the red team are on point, sniper Doomfists, sub 1000 healing support partners, losing a 1v5 and blaming the healers, the endless parade of smurfs who seemed to only get asked on the red team...

It was just extra brutal this season.

you're losing because you're playing lifeweaver hth

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

oh he's very fun, but he loses games

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

yeah sombra is a blast now, it's just all combat all the time.

also lol that the only way to buy that new moira skin is to purchase the $40 season 7 bundle.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

BabyRyoga posted:

It was discussed to the point of nausea when Lifeweaver was new. He blows because you can't telepathically communicate with your teammates and let them know you are going to do this PVE MMO ability to them and that they shouldn't break it, or shouldn't immediately jump from the low ground, nor can they telepathically communicate with you and beg for a grip.

Also, the best point to make when it comes to LW sucking is, he is one of, if not the only hero in the game where you can lose a fight that the other people on your team have won with your abilities by griefing either on purpose or accident. If you miss a nade, for example, on Ana, you might lose a fight because you don't get a clutch heal in on time and your tank dies. On LW, maybe rein lands a 5-man shatter at 10% health, and your dumbass grips him away before he can follow up. Congrats, you somehow just took a fight your team won and turned it into a loss. No other hero in the game does that.

Agreed, however I've definitely turned a winning team fight into a loss with a bad Mei wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

His dmg and heal should swap as seemlessly as moira's, and he shouldn't need to reload at all.