Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Did team fortress 2 ever actually fix the bot problem

they did, yes. Sometime over the summer. i only play on community servers so I never experienced the bot crisis but people say it's way better now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack Trades posted:

I wish Team Fortress 2 wasn't poo poo. I used to love playing it until it went downhill (more like, off the cliff) around the Mann-conomy update.

It's still badass and the people whoare like "waaah I can't even tell what class people are with all these weird hats!! I died to a weapon with 20% extra reload speed and 10% extra damage, I'm so confused" need to Grow Up and understand the will of the gamer.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack Trades posted:

I'm very sorry for wanting to play a video game in your hat collecting simulator. I'll go and sprinkle my head with ash now.

Tf2's gameplay is identical to whatever half-remembered thing you think it was 7 years ago

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Individuals will have more agency, it's up to you to decide if that means more pressure I guess

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i basically completely agree with Seagull's video, and also the video description which is like "it's really disappointing but the game is fun so i'll log in every day anyway"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i dont know

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack B Nimble posted:

Can anyone who played in the beta speak to what it's like being the sole tank if you were previously the off tank? Say, RoadHog and Wrecking Ball?

Roadhog is still bleh just like he was in OW1, but now he has a billion HP now and isn't an ult battery for the other team due to the tank passive. But just like OW1 he'll pick apart uncoordinated pub teams because he still 1 shots people and it's way easier to hit hooks with fewer shields ruining your fun.

Ball is strong, there's some good videos of Yeatle playing him on YouTube.

I think the biggest mental hurdle tanks* will need to get over in OW2 is that there's an expectation that everyone, including supports, have more agency/responsibility for their own survival now. It's totally fine as Ball to just get completely behind the enemy to grab some health packs then head back to the fight sometimes, you don't need to babysit your team. It's not "there's only 1 tank now so that tank MUST play defensive to protect their backline", it's "tanks as they were are largely gone with exception of 1-2 characters and your choice of tank determines how you approach the game"

*other roles will also have to get over this mental hurdle, particularly supports, and not freak out when the tanks they're used to suddenly aren't just playing as mobile shield dispensers.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Do you have a link to those stats, they sound funny to look through

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I sorta feel the opposite, I really didn't enjoy OW past the first few months due to how ubiquitous ults and shields were, and this did a lot to address both. It's a lot more fun for me than OW1 was.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hell yeah

https://twitter.com/dinoflask/status/1577439338803056641?s=20&t=czWVja2wNl_qwF89N0-rvg

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Anyone know what's up with this? we definitely are not in different versions of overwatch, the version numbers are identical + we connected in the same bnet region

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Bottom Liner posted:

queued via a diff region
how do I change it?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hashy posted:

i just had it happen and we were definitely in the same region, try /invite per a suggestion earlier in the thread

that worked, thank you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

poe meater posted:

Question from someone who hasn't really played in a long time:

Is reaper very weak right now since there is only one tank now?

Absolutely not, being able to actually kill the team's giga tank is super important, his teleport is super fast now, and he benefits hugely from the new dps role passive.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CuddleCryptid posted:

So what's the change with Mei? They dropped her ability to freeze people with her basic spray attack but increased the damage?

yes, though more specifically they doubled it's damage. it's a lot of damage!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
brig as a healer is way cooler than she would be as a tank

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
can yyou skip the Play of the Game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Vermain posted:

it is necessary to watch the entire thing to show respect to your fellow players for their game-winning "shooting a gun at two people" play

i have no respect for overwatch players, myself included

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i can't hear anyone talk in-game, like the volumes are completely muted. i see the voices pop up like people are talking but it's just silence. i cranked the voice chat volume to max so I have no clue whats up, any ideas?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Andrigaar posted:

Well Blizzard hasn't bothered to shut the game down for maintenance, or it kicked no one out for it.

Entire parties just leaving when a match goes against their favor are on the rise.

And lastly, I can't hear anyone on voice either. I forget who posted it earlier today, but it worked last night and now I see the active mic icons over heads and hear nothing.

for me it was an issue with the wrong device set for voice audio (thanks to whoever suggested that), but it also wasn't working for me last night so i'm not sure if that's true too in your case

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i've had a lot more success as Winston but I also never played D.Va before so i'm sure i just lack the muscle memory. the few times I've played her in OW2 my boosters seem to be on charge for 1-2 seconds still anytime I try to use them, and her inability to deal damage while using her mitigation tool is a real Bad Feel for this gamer, especially compared to the ease and versatility of the dome shield

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
not true, you can also just be really bad

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
for instance, that screenshot was how i learned endorsement levels existed, which matches with the number of times i've seen a variation of "short bus team zzz" in chat

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He's strong but he's also cursed with the thing where none of his abilities do damage, just his guns, so if your aim is off you just suck and die. No homing sticky grenade or remote bomb or aoe dot+slow field or whatever to tack on damage, just shotgun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Aexo posted:

if PC aim feels off, the general consensus is these might be the culprit, set the following:
Dynamic render scaling > Off (I force the scaling to 75% personally, it let's me turn everything else way up and still get lots of frames)
Controller > Aim smoothing 0%
High precision mouse input > re-enable
Screen and HUD shake > Off

its very funny how every day a new thing gets added to the list of "No THIS setting is why aiming feels bad!!"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
is there a way to change the main splash screen? im very tired of looking at cinematic camera pans across the weird evil genji skin

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

it's harder to be a bitch in this game when everyone can see everyone else's stats

Had one guy in the beta piss and moan about how our healers were never healing until he eventually said "lol look 2k healing done for each". I looked at the scoreboard and they each had 2k damage and 12k+ healing. I pointed this out and his response was that it FELT like 2k healing!!

The freaks find a way to be freaks

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i mentioned this during the beta but i like how they made everyone a little more psycho in their various kill/assist/etc lines. though hearing Lucio be like "wow i just loving blasted your brains all over the pavement lmao" when he gets a headshot elim and then during round start he'll say "boy i love my friends in Overwatch, created by blizzard entertainment :)" and it sorta kills it. let them be psychos, i dont need to hear the characters fawning over each other for 30 seconds before every match

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
its so funny watching people say things like "go main healer" in chat when the game is 3 days old and presumably a lot of people don't knwo which healers are "main healers" because the game sure doesnt tell you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

comedyblissoption posted:

to be fair, i think having at least 1 main healer is way easier for most tanks to play on the ladder

most tank players aren't going to adjust their play to compensate for lower healing and just feed

sure but my point wasn't really whether or not a team needed a specific subclass of character, it's that many people aren't going to know what "main healer" means

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
this thread is insane, I've never seen such condensed "always team"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope the new tank is a mean and evil omnic because every omnic so far is some mix of childishly naive and angelic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dick Jones posted:

I think Jeff confirmed a few years ago that this mystery character from the Storm Rising finale is one of the tanks they have in development:

sick

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Im pretty shocked to hear them identify sombra and genji but not sojourn

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Huh so i saw a tweet from what i thought was the official ow account about those 4 characters being looked at for balance changes but the play overwatch account doesnt have anything so i might have been wrong

The blog post mentioned those four (including that zarya's issues related to TM), though it said they weren't being changed until S2 I believe because the win rates are still fairly close

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 15, 2022

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
no skin in this game is worth remotely $20. i cant even begin to guess which one you're considering

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
use that $20 to get a nice duck meal at a local thai place.

if you're some flavor of vegetarian use it to buy a friend an indie multiplayer game you like to financially pressure them into playing it with you.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
"trust in the process" - brigitte, overwatch 2

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nanoblade is understandably strong since it requires spending two limited resources, but it's still dumb. Though tbh I have more issues with the "nano" part than the "blade" part and think Ana's ult is probably the least fun thing to fight against in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty surprised to see weapon charms catch on as much as they have, I sorta find looking at them swaying around more annoying than anything. I know the point is to have customization you can see in first person but I'd much rather have TF2-style weapon paints, are both way more visible to other people and way tackier looking (both pluses).

I guess it's that thing most big games have now where it's Imperative that characters all look exactly as designers intentioned, which is also why I assume you can't mix weapons/skins aside from the gold one.