Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
do we need to uninstall overwatch to get overwatch 2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I keep trying to download and it just keeps pausing.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Wait, people are actually getting it to load? I got to the main OverWatch screen but nothing was filled in, everything was gray and not even an option to queue.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I went from 40 people being in queue to 20,000. How the hell did that happen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Queue at 700 still. How the hell is anyone getting in?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hashy posted:

queue for a different region!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea, thank you! In America but will try Europe.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 6, 2022

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Finally got in, and the game crashed like 2 minutes in.

I thought if you had Overwatch 1, then you got a free battle pass/levels to start? I saw my old skins but no Overwatch coins. What do returning players get that new ones missed, because I thought for sure as a returning player I'd have something new.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Generic American posted:

Returning players can play as Kiriko without having to unlock her by leveling up the free track of the battle pass (or just buying it). That's the only real perk.

New players don't have access to all of the old heroes when playing solo. They unlock a new one every few games to make it less overwhelming.

Ah okay, thank you. That makes sense!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And down for maintenance again.

I haven't really played many PC games other than Overwatch and Apex. This many nightly maintenance closedowns normal?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got in to three games. The first two said I didn't pick a character and then pushed me back to main menu. The third I got to select, and then spent the minute trying to actually leave the spawn point, and then turn in circles repeatedly. I suspect my team had similar issues because the enemy team pushed through in record time.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got accused of throwing matches because when I could finally get into the game, I couldn't move. The lag was so bad I couldn't see who I was playing in Mystery Heroes until I got shot. Am sure others are having similar problems?

Also, how do you see what damage and healing your teammates are doing in game? One DPS had something like 300, according to some angry teammate in chat, but I wonder if the dude was having similar issues to me: shooting blindly seconds after I hit the shoot button. Spray and pray takes on a new meaning when you're literally spinning in circles or releasing rockets against a wall.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

adhuin posted:

Press tab on PC.

It shows kills/assists/deaths and Damage/Heal/Mitigate for each team member for both teams.

Awesome, thanks.

I miss having two tanks but loving hell, Junker Queen does not look like a tank, and Orisa is a beast.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still like how the only skin Sigma has, with shoes on, is the Talon skin. Because they might be out to ruin the world and brainwash people into becoming assassins and overall are bad, but even they got a limit with nasty old man feet.

I do like his interactions with Moira, who sounds just so loving tired of babysitting him.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just want to play! Game keeps freezing in early match so I end up spinning in a circle firing randomly. I set graphics to medium to see if that would help, my PC is six years old, but runs Apex Legends fine.

It did not help.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Isn't Apex battle pass like 4 months?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Do we not get spray choices now? I thought we could equip more than one, but pressing T only gave me the default instead of a wheel of choices.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

You have to equip them from the individual heroes menu. I dunno if there's any way to equip any universally or not.

Anyways in the midst of my usual mystery hero and arcade nonsense I'm starting to really enjoy Kiriko. Swapping her primary and secondary fire makes a surprisingly big difference in play feel. That alongside turning off the Healing Ofuda Toggle to get more control over healing talismans makes her feel really good to play. The teleport is super fun and zippy and wall climb can help her get out of danger and get to good vantage spots.

Cool fox ninja is cool.

Mine are equipped, but I thought we used to get a wheel to choose the spray, like how we do for emotes and lines.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

imagine dungeons posted:

Kind of a dick move to kill your brother and then quit the clan instead of just quitting and not killing him.

Yeah that always struck me as funny.

Or, you know, rule the clan with your brother and kill the haters.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mind over Matter posted:

I could be wrong, but I thought the reason he had to kill Genji in the first place was because the latter left to join Overwatch instead of leading a criminal empire.

Edit: Also, Hanzo does have a voice line something like "No matter how good I am with a bow, I was better with a sword."

Iirc the clan or criminal empire elders told Hanzo to rein in his little brother, and eventually told him to just get rid of him. Genji didn't become a cyborg until OverWatch saved him courtesy of Mercy. And even then, I think story-wise he was in Black watch before OverWatch.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just want to say I am kinda glad you only get one tank. A team with DVA and Orisa would be insane.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who counters orisa cause she insanely strong. Or maybe all the people I see playing her are just really good at her, I've yet to see a bad one.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Tried out my crazy man Sigma today. He is a nice tank! But for his ult, is it like Doomfist where you have to click/aim where to land your gravity slap? I tried twice tonight and both times I got shot down, so there was that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Redezga posted:

Yeah I was thinking this too yesterday. It's a minuscule thing but it seemed like a nice community gesture of good sportsmanship that got needlessly removed. Now the best I can offer is a couple of team votes that cant be done twice in a row and a quickchat "Thanks".

there was an opposing Reaper last night who got multi team kills with 3 Death Blossoms. I wanted to endorse him so bad.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
So how does Sigma's ult work? I tap the q, he yells about melody, and....nothing happens? I don't see any target to lock onto or any character to click to kill so what precisely do I do?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I love Sigma and Sombra's little chatter. He always sounds so happy to see her, compared to, well, everyone else.

Trying to break out of my Suicide Junkrat main (if I can't kill you headon, I will take 200hp because!) and anyone else weirded out by the noises Kiriko makes (and maybe others) when Winston lasers her?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I love how pissed off she is at having to babysit him, or even really go on missions at all

Pretty much this. Sigma is totally oblivious to everyone minus Sombra being decent/at least trying to watch out for him. Moira is just annoyed at everyone overall; it is kinda creepy how she asks if Widowmaker feels emotions, and you can hear the fear as the assassin assures her she does not.

I love Moira but someone needs to put her in a corner with a good voiceline.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Scholtz posted:

I think the most monstrous thing amongst the Overwatch heroes, barring any Epic/Legendary skins, is Roadhog's bellybutton. I can't stand to play as him in a skin where it's not covered up :barf: :mrapig:

It's worse when he's running in front of you and you can just about see his man-rear end. And full on in some skins, I believe.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Father Wendigo posted:

Am I missing something, or is Sigma just an immortal death balloon who does nothing interesting in Bride's Revenge?

The new story mode feels very underwhelming compared to any of the three Archives missions from the previous title.

Retribution is still my fave.

And I still want a drat Swiss HQ attack mission.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I couldn't catch all of it, do we have a spot where all the new voice lines are yet?

I do remember roadhog saying something like sorry ma'am if he kills the junker queen.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
They legit got us missing loot boxes.

You know it's going to be an interesting match when your healers are doing as much damage as your tank.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Just played a game where it was clear no one was going to group up so just going to be a loss either way, so as my main junkrat, i picked out an enemy of the opposing side, in this case it was Hanzo, and I actually killed him four times via suicide bombing before the team caught on and realized he probably should have mercy pocket him.

Oh hanzo, it doesn't have to be this way, we can both die.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Sure but they didn't have to make the battlepass suck so hard.

Plus 10 on this. I haven't played Apex Legends since OverWatch 2 launched, but going back to it today after seeing some cute Twitter stuff that warms my cold inhumane heart, I looked over in the battle pass and all the stuff I didn't do, and I only bought one battle pass ever for Apex and never finished that one, but there are so many poses, voice lines, and weapon skins which of course they couldn't really do for OverWatch but there are so many emotes and so forth you can get in the paid battle pass, and the free one has a lot of good stuff in it too.

OverWatch 2 is almost the Albertsons of these games now; Albertsons is a local grocery store but they were the last grocery one to have the stupid reward cards you sign up for to get the deals that all they do is track what you spend and when you spend it. So a lot of people that liked Albertsons because they didn't have that card were now pressed to get another card for discounts, which is probably one of the reasons Albertsons started to close their stores because people just weren't shopping there anymore. They jumped on the bandwagon way too late for to make a positive difference for them.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
yeah I hate to be that guy but a single Twitter thing with two Apex character lore has dragged me back to that game. It's hard to stay hyped for Overwatch when there's just nothing fun or new. I was trying to get to the level to get Kiriko as an unlocked but drat it's such a drag.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dynamite Dog posted:

it wouldn't be too late if they had put any effort into voice lines at all. as it stands the new voice line interactions i've heard so far seem so divorced from the lore and it makes it feel like they threw what little they had already into the trash

There is literally so much they can do with Overwatch lore. Instead we get little throwaways like Widowmaker sounding sarcastic about killing Gerard (though her lines with Moira are good) and random poo poo with Reaper thinking his wife would kill him if she saw him now.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Why aren't there any really good skins though? I'd pay even $20 for something that looked loving amazing instead of recolors of crap.

I will die on this hill: tuxes for everyone!

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My first game is always super laggy for a few minutes.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
My first game is always really laggy, like to the point I can't even see my teammates or the enemy, just red or blue lights on the screen. Usually by my 5th death or so, everything clears up. No idea why, but I know some people probably use lagging as an excuse, tonight I actually had a few people ask me if I was all right because my diva was literally standing there firing at a wall for a good 30 seconds.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Anyone else dropping out after unlocking Kiriko? I mean I'm not playing competitive but the battle pass is just blah.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

soscannonballs posted:

Any good people to watch for Junkrat? Doing mostly solo queue, sometimes playing with 1-2 friends.

Against him? Someone far off that can kill him like Hanzo; far off so you don't get the suicide bomb death.

Which is my favorite way to kill people as Junkrat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Part of the upsell of buying the premium BP is just getting the new hero instantly instead of after a few weeks of grinding. It was less apparent currently because most people are returning players who got Kiriko automatically but going forward we all get to either grind or fork up :10bux:

Or go back to playing Apex Legends where it's a lot easier to unlock pretty much all the characters if you play just a little bit.