Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Whitenoise Poster posted:

I know none of you have the taste or self respect to not play this game but you better not give them a single loving dollar.

the watchpoint pack is a tempting buy, the game looks really fun now with 5v5 and the reduced 'gently caress you' buttons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

verbal enema posted:

is every blizzard thread in this forum full of the most whiny bitches

yes

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

doing a lot of well-considered changes at once has allowed them to tweak the core gameplay so much it plays better than it ever has. Not that it couldn't have been just a content patch but it would have been an unprecedented amount of development and testing. The seagull video is dead-on, it's the fallout from a ridiculously mismanaged PvE sequel, except that he completely glosses over just how good overwatch 2 pvp is. This feels exactly like a live-service game's 2.0 patch to the point that they absolutely should have just called it overwatch 2.0 so it wasn't so loving confusing and contentious; there were people mourning overwatch 1 shutting down.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

spunkshui posted:

I couldn’t play with my wife tonight because we “have different versions of overwatch.”

I forgot to book vacation time on the same plane of existence. :(

one of you probably have asia/europe/america ticked while the other doesnt

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

that's a minor visual bug alright

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Presumably they'll do something about there being nothing in the game to prevent a nanoblade

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I played all since launch and didn't wait more than 5 minutes in a queue. select a different region (Asia/Europe/Americas) and you'll get in and still be matchmade into local servers

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The only toxicity i've had in quickplay so far is a healer on my team telling me to "get off reinhardt" when I had top damage and like 20k shielded and 3 big slams. I think he's not meta or something. What's competitive like with the scoreboard and 1 tank situation?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

After playing a few more rounds, I think DPS life is going to be "play your role" with the new system. If you're playing someone like Soldier 76 or a similar hitscan hero then your role is in the back line, and that's a *strict* role. There's no more pushing up for daring moves, because the tanks can just DPS you down easily. You have to stay in your optimal range, even if it means losing objective progress, because you're just going to be mincemeat otherwise. Even healers have more DPS pushing potential than some DPSes because of their increased sustain.

it is literally the opposite of this

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

DPS die every time 1v1 a tank and teams fold every time the DPS just hangs back and attacks tanks. its more than ever a game of playmaking now

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Countblanc posted:

how do I change it?

i just had it happen and we were definitely in the same region, try /invite per a suggestion earlier in the thread

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Cowslips Warren posted:

Queue at 700 still. How the hell is anyone getting in?

queue for a different region!!!!!!!!!!!

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

smug pedant posted:

its great that i can play overwatch 1 again without ten minute queues. its a shame that it cost p2w characters, halo infinite-style xp gain for a new battlepass no one asked for, and having to play ??? number of matches in the quickplay gangbang to unlock the modes i actually want to play

all of these are things are either untrue or not worth caring about so you're in luck here i think

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

the male instinct to spray the ground after an extremely average ultimate you walked into the circumstances of

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Going through this video was like

Buff: Osira can now negate damage like Dva's protective field.

Nerf: Sombra's left leg has been removed.

Sombra was massively buffed

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

CuddleCryptid posted:

Her silence was cut by a huge margin in exchange for a damage buff that would make her role the same as most other flankers. I mean it might be better numerically but it's more boring that way.

It's less stupid to play against which is one of the defining design goals of overwatch 2

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mei's ult actually charges faster now because you're doing loads more damage during your primary role of slowing people down

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mei is about as strong as she's ever been and there are good counterplays to her in a 1v1. Design goal nailed imo

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

That's really not saying anything, tbh. Sure, you can decimate on her given the right circumstances.

But, she was the lowest pick rate launch hero in OW1, ahead of only Bastion (and Sombra if you include DLC chars). Her win rate was in the bottom 33% as well. There are very few times she was in any kind of established meta. Now they've basically neutered her, and you think she is as strong as she was before, when she was one of the weaker characters in the game.

Mei's balanced just not for uncoordinated teams, this kinda evens her out on that front - she's a monster right now and great at controlling tanks

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

You have to act like a high key sociopath to only have two endorsement levels

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

people who can't control their fomo and need to express their status through skins fund online shooters now and you should be happy

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

did the three hours of US primetime database maintenance not fix people not getting their purchases? lol

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

oh I got confused when they literally said it was for account/ownership poo poo my bad

quote:

3 p.m. - 4 p.m. PDT: Servers will be down while we’re rolling out a fix to address some bugs related to account merge, login, and the First Time User Experience. Players won’t be able to access the servers during this time.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Minorkos posted:

A-D strafing

this is the thing i hope they fix with overwatch 3.0 overwatch 3: the final chapter. a tracer A-D+crouch spamming with the right cadence has her blinking back and forth at 144hz forth like Schrodinger's hitbox. its baked into the balance though, baby dva is like a mosquito only because theres absolutely no placing your cursor on where she is or know she will be, only where you think she might be

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

I never had the FTUE issue until after the patch/update that supposedly fixed it. oops! returning players that get this poo poo are probably going to be saying "gently caress this" more than new players are going to get overwhelmed by being able to pick too many heroes. feels like an issue that could have been fixed by recommending heroes to people

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

as soon as a skin or something becomes annoying to get it costs money it becomes invisible to me but we can't all be untaintable gamers

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Zzulu posted:

peanut butter is not healthy at all lol

It's like 600 calories every 100 gram

it's really good for bulking and putting on weight fast though

oh yeah?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The only thing that gets my blood boiling as support these days is Winston, who is genuinely from another game than the design allows right now

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

This is exactly backwards. There are way less shields and only 1 tank to contend with. Knowing how and when to push them vs when to go for picks and angles is the entire DPS game.

It sounds like you're talking about the same thing?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

It still sounds like you're talking about the same thing: dps can't stand around and pressure tanks as the default, they have to change their playstyle to be more flanky and dynamic, if they play like before they lose

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

DoctorJones posted:

what the gently caress? there's different ranks for role and open queues?

There's different ranks for tanks, heals and dps and role queue. You can be grandmaster tank and bronze healer if you want

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

The tanks job is to "make space" (awful esports speak for pushing forward or stopping people by being places that are strategically advantageous) - DVA and Winston excel at shutting down problematic dps, doomfist is good too if you're super nerdy about his specific mechanics. You need to "protect" people by making the dps and suport dead or distracted or unable to find flanks and your dps need to win these advantageous duels or kill supports or punish vulnerable tanks. Rein and sigma and orisa are mostly about being a pushing force. You want to swap actively to respond to the enemy team.

DVa is probably the strongest tank and best to learn on in that she can flipflop between everything, turn around and defense matrix across a sight line, brawl like crazy, do whatever.

Your team isn't really meant to follow you for long periods of time

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Doomfist is p good, you can watch them poo poo on entire GM level teams on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6evpGF3OhjM

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

I like the part at 1:22 where he lands a Meteor on like 4 or 5 in that small room and none of their health bars move and he immediately dies
not only does he almost completely miss because they responded in the best possible way but its blocked by the zarya bubble

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

AndyElusive posted:

I owned OW1, got the founders pack, been playing a few games over the last couple of days with no issues.

Then just now I had to log into the game with my email and password+authentication and now I'm locked out of 20 heroes.

What the poo poo is this?
Logging out and in usually fixes this

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

winston seems 'fine' but isnt nearly tanky enough to bully an entire team like an orisa/dva/doomfist. but drat the ranged alt fire was a buff to his ability to confirm kills. if i see a winston im walking back to spawn to switch off ana and zen every time

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Mega Comrade posted:

Still miss the stun of her shield bash though

nobody else does!

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Who cares about pros

The pro experience is so wildly different from the casual experience. Genji isn't an issue at all at lower levels, this is all that matters

what the gently caress, genji is worse at ~mid tier because blading somewhat effectively isn't hard but killing a blading 125% movespeed genji is

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Someone made this handy infographic.

the "fire" system and cards were a replacement for a scoreboard and now we have a scoreboard. "on fire" became an afterthought so quickly to even the devs who kept being inconsistent with what abilities/healing/interactions added how much fire and balancing how easy it was to be on fire. one thing I do miss from the fire system is being able to judge what percentage of a hero's health you did by how much +fire it showed though.

the missing hybrid maps are funny because those are the maps shown to have new singleplayer areas and they seem to have just plum run out of time QAing/optimising them. im guessing they'll slowly come back into rotation and blizzard will never admit anything was wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

I'd much rather have 15 seconds after the match to see which players have performed the best in the match and watch everyone's reaction to the POTG than watching the battlepass fill up and game going "congratulation, you level up! Your reward is loving nothing!"

i like afking into the next queue faster instead of watching everyone leave the match before the cards even appear and then half the cards are like "2 storm arrow kills"