Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I guess this isn't really an OW2 question, but I have 8000 OW coins, tell me the best skins to buy before they're worthless (unless I am too late)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

So assuming you don't grind out a new character with a BP, what happens after it's done? Does the character move behind some other unlock system, do you just never get them, or do they just sort of unlock automatically after some time?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Thanks! Good that there will be some way, although I assume it will be tedious enough to encourage you to buy them.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I would like to just pay Blizzard $15-$20 a month to play a fun PVE game where me and my friends fight bad robots without having to grind out specific steps to access content. It's a shame it will never happen.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

If you are not ok with being horny for cartoons I have very bad news about Overwatch fandom.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Overwatch 2 locks up on me after about 5 minutes. I’ve tried changing all the settings without luck. Looks like the decision to play is made for me.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

OW2 keeps crashing on my PC for reasons I can’t figure out, so I linked my Nintendo account and I am now playing on Switch.

I didn’t realize it was possible for me to be worse at this game, but here we are. Also I can’t decide if the movement tracking on the controller is helpful or cursed.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Maybe now PvE is dead the dev team can focus on what fans really want: an Overwatch dating sim where you can buy limited new outfits for your best girlfriend, Mercy Tracer Junkrat.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I was bad at OW and I’m bad at OW2, but the matchmaking seems way worse now. I tried to play recently with some friends and the game seems convinced that being a 4-stack infinitely outweighs the fact we’re all casual bronze players and it was a stream of crushing defeats against much better players until we quit to play DRG.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

dogstile posted:

Oh that's always been the case. Even in OW1 it prioritized other stacks regardless of skill level. We used to run "unofficial gm nights" where a bunch of gm's/masters/t500's would just stack and run qp over and over again. Every now and again we'd run into non-brainworms players and wonder how the gently caress it thought 5 gm's vs silver at most would work out.

We definitely had similar issues before, but I don't know, it feels even worse now. It might just be that I am even worse at this version so the matches are tougher overall, or that the 6 to 5 swap somehow makes the matching for a 4-stack even more challenging? Like we can't be paired with a competent duo now, it's always some poor loner I feel I have to apologize to. We always had bad matchups but now it seems relentless. Maybe the pool of people casually teaming is a lot smaller as well? Whatever it is, it is not good for playing!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

I’m not sure there is a huge mechanical difference but you should be very careful with removing players control because it feels really bad and makes them super pissed. People are often happier with something that is mechanically worse but allows them to still feel agency.

It’s why freezes and stuns are also so tricky

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The full Le SSeraphim video is out and I guess it's fine? I like my pop a bit punchier so idkig. skins look pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvWy2b857I

This is fine I guess but it's notable how much weaker it is than the League K/DA stuff.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Agreed, playing maps you hate kind of sucks but I think if they let everyone pick what maps they were willing to play you would get appalling queue times for everything but the one map people have decided is good/they have advantage on (if this exists) and you could never play anything else if you wanted <30 minutes of waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Dick Jones posted:

New cel-animated Talon short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEQdmHikWEM

If Doomfist and Ramattra made a deal at the end of Storm Rising, why not just ask Ramattra for one of those power thingys instead of stealing one? I guess we'll find out more in the Season 12 Story Missions for the low low price of $14.99.

This was fun, but doesn't Sombra's translocator no longer work like shown in this? I realize the cinematic production is on a way different schedule than game tweaks but it's kind of funny anyway.