Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

so how do i get a really cheap phone number i can use on my overwatch 1 account that i paid money for without being an overwatch league caster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

can autism bloom on the battlefield

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Junkrat is one of the most classic competitive FPS characters in the game due to his grenade launcher. I present Quake, and Unreal Tournament as evidence.
blizzard is full of cruel monsters who have not given junkrat a grenade jump for over 6 years

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

That just makes me think that Symmetra's gun should work like the UT Shock Rifle.
UT shock rifle + portal gun

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there are fps games on the market that have to find 60-150 players constantly and they give you like a minute queue time tops before the game starts lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

overwatch league had a woman player and did not need to segregate her into her own league

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

I don't know if her team ever won even one match while she was on it, unfortunately. But I also don't think that was her fault, at all.
the reasons were outside her control in the first season, but she did pretty decently

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

BabyRyoga posted:

Also, Re: aiming, because it has been way harder to aim in OW2, but also thought maybe I was just getting old or bad at games or something:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/xw23i0/is_it_just_me_or_does_ow2_feel_weird/
ow2 might by default put the game on dynamic render scale which makes everything look blurry and washed out as gently caress so disable that

I also think the visual feedback hitmarkers are very noisy and obnoxious compared to ow1

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

teagone posted:

I tried to queue DPS in comp with my brother just now for a couple games but it locked me out from picking that role AND support once my brother locked DPS. I could only pick tank. Why? Lol. I wanna do my DPS placement :colbert:
you can't queue within a certain skill rating of a group member depending on skill bracket

this was of course one of the many reasons people created "smurf" accounts in the first place and caused people to throw games on purpose

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

if the shimada sis has a good accented voiceline and t-bag animation it'll work out

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

bagrada posted:

How is Sigma? Haven't heard much about him.

I got in just long enough to see some of the changes and characters added since I left. Looking forward to playing this weekend.
biggest mistake new sigmas make is just hard shielding and letting their shield die repeatedly

#1 tip is to primarily use his shield to block abilities and save people from dying and use cover as your primary damage mitigation tool

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Reaper is really good if you have a good tank, and unplayable if your tank sucks. Many heroes on DPS are like this but Reaper I think, personally, is the worst. Live and die by the brawl positioning decisions, and while you have an out, it's very easy to just not contribute.
reaper can be played 3 ways:
- frontline brawler
- shadowstep to backline, harass, fade away, loop
- sneaky snake from the top ropes as ross and lawler commentate

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Good Will Hrunting posted:

Aiming feels bad because things in this game move too fast. That's it.
i assume blizz experimented with reducing the power of ad spam and everything died way too fast but they also felt the game would feel worse if they made the health pools larger to compensate

it still feels like poo poo to shoot at ad spamming 6 years later tho

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

this might surprise you but good ow players do have to constantly guess to hit their shots :ssh:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

8 minute queue for tank and 5 minute queue for dps

people don't want to play queueverwatch they haven't fix it lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao @ the ~hero unlock~ poo poo causing so many issues

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

overwatch is the most mechanically demanding mainstream fps game for aiming b/c they decided to stick w/ the instant ad strafing cracked out movement combined with strong healing

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

also keep in mind counter-strike/valorant makes it a lot easier to hit people than a lot of other fps games

low ttk, slow acceleration to counter-strafe, getting tagged by bullets causes players to be snared, players need to be at ~0 movement speed to shoot accurately, and the gameplay revolves heavily around being better at pre-aiming where people are already going to be which makes aiming a lot easier

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Lister posted:

So far my experience has been that a team needs at least one damage dealing support. Two is preferable. Having two support that barely dps like Ana & Mercy together just doesn't cut. This is bad for me as a Mercy main and making playing her more miserable than I remember.
ana/mercy is fine

it's easy for ana to get a lot of value because of her nade

you need to focus on getting value as mercy by peeling for the ana, trying to enable the dps to get flanks/different angles/high ground, and using your mobility to be unkillable. if your team is all immobile front-liners and they don't have a sniper it's probably hard to find value as mercy compared to another support, however.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

to be fair, i think having at least 1 main healer is way easier for most tanks to play on the ladder

most tank players aren't going to adjust their play to compensate for lower healing and just feed

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I would consider it anyone who can give a reinhardt an okay amount of uptime assuming the heals actually land

so ana/baptiste/moira

mercy's healing on reinhardt actually sucks if she's the only one keeping him up

idk what kiriko's healing per second looks like

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

baptiste is pretty good if you have at least 2 other shootmans (any role) for your ult so you can get more value

baptiste struggles if you have a dive-y or flying dps comp (e.g. genji/tracer/echo/pharah) b/c it's pretty hard to hit the slow-traveling heals and you don't have the mobility to keep up. I think keeping a solo dive tank (ball/d.va/winston/doomfist) up as baptiste from long range is workable if you can land the shots.

baptiste is the hardest support to play I think b/c to optimize him you have to constantly be target switching between healing and shooting. the general guideline is shoot twice, heal once, loop.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

I think baptiste is fine with any healer as long as that other healer can cover healing the characters baptiste sucks at healing (genji/tracer/echo/pharah)

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

robot objective mode sucks

ow actually made a really good design decision I never really thought about which is to keep changing the scenery of the map which robot mode actively shits over

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

there's defensive/offensive assists which might include healing/boosting/buffing allies when they get a kill who knows it doesn't really matter :shrug:

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

This video kinds proved he's not, especially if this is a so called "god" of Doomfist. He's a pretty bad dps and a bad tank, he's in a weird middle ground where he's just not really good at either.
this guy is the doomfist god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaBKWm34wc

which to be fair is about 1000% less flashy than ow1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eijvo7roAyI

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

Ranked system seems overall improved except for overtime rules on some maps. Payload should default to time remaining if both teams finish instead of going to a third round.
your suggestion would create large amounts of time where the game is already over instead of the current system where almost every second of play is relevant barring specific setplay situations

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Quotey posted:

ok, accidentally removing half the characters in the game is pretty funny.
this is the 2nd time lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

lmao

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

overwatch is a hard and complicated game to play so please be nice to your pubbie teammates doing Not Smart things

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Bleck posted:

But... we have to push the cart. It's all the way back there.
a common and good strategy after killing or teamwiping the enemy team on payload is for all your team except 1 to push very aggressively forward to get stagger kills and map control. stagger kills can put the enemy team in a bad downward spiral.

if someone blames the cart pusher for pushing the cart in this situation then theyre just being dumb yeah

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

xgalaxy posted:

The match making in this game is poo poo.
blizz reset mmr for everyone so games are going to be way more lopsided initially

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The Grumbles posted:

TF2 Engineer was really annoying too at points in that game's lifespan, but TF2 Engineer fuckin owned and was a cool dude so it was okay. Whereas Torbjorn is without charm and only exists to make jokes for and about computer programmers, which is itself unforgiveable.
tfc engineer supremacy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

yo mamma a Horus posted:

hack is .65 second cast time and it is loud. .65 seconds is absolutely reactable

people that play fighting games at mid level or higher routinely react to things that fast and a bit faster

i have seen you post stuff before and i know you are a good player, i can hardly believe this isn't something you can already do. I find it really hard to believe
sombras are going to start the hack when you aren't looking at them

you have to use an audio cue to flick 180, recognize where they are, maybe reset your mouse depending on your sensitivity, and flick again while they are AD strafing

I've done it but it's going to be very difficult lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Any recommendations for facing off against a Phamercy pair? I can't really aim for poo poo, which is why I main heroes like Junkrat, but it sucks seeing the rest of my team being helpless against Pharah as well.

Should I just train Soldier 76 or something?
basically be a cracked out hitscan player on soldier/sojourn/ashe/etc.

a good pocketed pharah will use the map geometry to make it difficult for you to kill them and the best you can do is just zone them out, but that's theoretically putting you a man up if you just keep them out

some tips:
1. don't let the pharmercy get close
2. play a sensitivity as low as you possibly can go while still being able to deal w/ tracer/genji up close comfortably
3. pharah's ad strafing is not instant like players are on the ground

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Father Wendigo posted:

If you are playing on console and chose to enable cross play for expedited matchmaking, you deserve to know Blizzard is putting you at a significant disadvantage for doing so.
if you've ever played a recent fps with massively overtuned aim assist, you know they've made the right call

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Hooplah posted:

does qp have a hidden matchmaking system at all?
yes qp does have hidden MMR and you will quickly rise to ~50% win rate games as the rebooted mmr system works itself out through the playerbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jack B Nimble posted:

The videos I've seen of Apex suggest console players are better at close quarters fragging then PC and the Quake player inside of me howls in rage at the thought.
call of duty, apex, and the latest halo all have a system where the aim assist instantly tracks changes in direction with zero input from the aim stick lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufw8bnIfG7E&t=28s

i was worried cross-input roller was going to be forced b/c this is a blizz-activision game but it looks like mouse players are safe for now...