Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

I've had this entire Mayfair Witches show sitting on my DVR for forever and finally got around to watching it. I just finished the last episode. I thought it was...fine. Interview was just leagues better. But sure, I'll watch a second season.

Now I haven't read the books at all, but I'm kind of confused about why Rowan was so motivated to get rid of Lasher. They never actually say why having him around was bad, a risk, would drat you eternally, etc etc. Like okay I get it, he was murdering dudes, but they pretty much deserved it? Not once did they ever imply that using his power would be a net negative to the witch, but we spent half the show trying to get away from the guy, only to resolve that whole plot line with some weird fringe group who is burning witches across the country that got like two brief mentions previously.

Well, it was pretty nice to look at, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/interview-with-the-vampire-bailey-bass-not-returning-season-2-claudia-1235570723/

No specific explanation as to why but Bailey Bass won't be returning as Claudia in season 2. Instead the character is getting recast with Delainey Hayles, a young woman who hasn't done a ton of TV.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

muscles like this! posted:

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/interview-with-the-vampire-bailey-bass-not-returning-season-2-claudia-1235570723/

No specific explanation as to why but Bailey Bass won't be returning as Claudia in season 2. Instead the character is getting recast with Delainey Hayles, a young woman who hasn't done a ton of TV.

My theories? She either a) had too much on her plate with Avatar scheduling and they told her to choose one and she chose the film or b) she asked for more money to match Lestat and Louis, but because she's a woman and PoC , thus seen as expendable, she was fired.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season two of Interview is filming now but AMC has announced a "short form" mini series spin off titled "Night Island" that will air later this year. Apparently the titular island is a resort for vampires and the show will follow a pair of burglars who are attempting to steal a rare painting but are unaware of the whole "vampire island" thing. In the books the island resort is a regular haunt for Armand so we might be getting some more content with him.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Season two of Interview is filming now but AMC has announced a "short form" mini series spin off titled "Night Island" that will air later this year. Apparently the titular island is a resort for vampires and the show will follow a pair of burglars who are attempting to steal a rare painting but are unaware of the whole "vampire island" thing.

I hope it's more of a comedy. There's some potential there for Guy Ritchie 'esque shenanigans :allears:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

An actual new show announcement was made for a currently untitled series that will focus on the Talamasca organization that was introduced in Mayfair. This one sounds like it isn't beholden to any specific story.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/amc-anne-rice-universe-third-drama-development-1235391303/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Season 2 will probably be delayed as production was shut down due to the strike.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Maybe that'll make the original actress for Claudia come back. Wishful thinking, since contracts were probably already drawn, but the actress just did so MUCH with the role.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah she was fantastic for a really difficult role

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Like maybe if they hadn't actually begun filming but at this point they'd have to redo too much.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swAMOadixFM
s2 trailer with new Claudia, she definitely looks younger than Bailey Bass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://deadline.com/2023/08/the-walking-dead-spinoffs-interview-with-the-vampire-to-resume-production-sag-aftra-deal-1235533050/
Production can resume filming after making a deal with SAG-AFTRA

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Please be the first domino please be the first domino please be the first domino.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I'm happy it's the first network to crack (not counting A24, which I see as film). But I feel like it's because they HAVE to. They only have the Anne Rice stuff and the Walking Dead stuff to sustain them. Without being able to continue that poo poo, they're dead in the water.

Johnny Cleanslice
Apr 25, 2022
Huh. This is on HBO Max in the USA now

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Johnny Cleanslice posted:

Huh. This is on HBO Max in the USA now

It's on there for 60 days, apparently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/09/02/max-just-added-7-amc-shows-to-its-platform-for-the-next-two-months.html

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“They were your brothers and sisters once, but now they’re your savory inferiors.”

Rewatching Vampire now, due to imminent spooky season, and man it is such a gorgeous show.

The set design and costumes are just breathtaking.

The leads are fantastic and the dialogue is :discourse:

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 29, 2023

delightful
Jul 20, 2022
Interview is so good that I genuinely don't understand how Mayfair Witches turned out so mediocre.

I read the book and Sam Reid as Lestat is how I will always picture Lestat going forward. Soooo looking forward to season 2.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

delightful posted:

I read the book and Sam Reid as Lestat is how I will always picture Lestat going forward.

Yeah, he will always be Lestat in my mind, from now on.

I did like Cruise’s performance, I think in part because when it was announced I just could not picture him doing that at all, and I was pleasantly surprised with the result.

But man… Reid is SO Lestat. Can’t wait to see him explain his side of the story, if the series goes that far.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So there's finally a "first look" moment on YouTube with a scene from S2. So far... I'm liking it! What say you, goons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmfMte3L4A

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, that's a pretty fun clip. Especially the bit where the guy in the background's head comes right off.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL at the beheading in the fountain

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 24 days!)

First look at the new Claudia, too. I forgot she got recast which I wasn't happy about, but at least the new one looks like her. Can't tell much else from one line.

I'm not 100% sold on Armand yet but he had more charisma in that clip than last season at least.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So, I stopped around episode 3 of Mayfair Witches because nothing. was. HAPPENING. I have the episodes ready to watch, but I was wondering... is it worth it?

Will I get lost later on as the universe hopefully expands if I didn't finish it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is super not worth watching and if anything important is carried over they will probably mention it in a recap.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Pan Dulce posted:

So, I stopped around episode 3 of Mayfair Witches because nothing. was. HAPPENING. I have the episodes ready to watch, but I was wondering... is it worth it?

Will I get lost later on as the universe hopefully expands if I didn't finish it?
I tapped out at the same time.

Gods, that show was disappointing.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003

Kind of insulting to the people of Scotland to put subtitles on them just speaking normally.

I thought Outlander was bad, but nothing prepared me for how awful those accent attempts were.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/Luiseach/status/1748641460012916927
lol

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Interview is back Sunday May 12th. Mayfair s2 is about to enter production to air later this year. They're still talking about a Talamasca series but it still sounds pretty early going for it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

New information about a new character/actor being introduced as a regular for S2 of Mayfair Witches.

https://tvline.com/news/mayfair-witches-season-2-release-date-cast-trailer-spoilers-1235143896/

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One week until season 2 starts. I think this one will have a bigger impact because I've been seeing a lot more discussion on social media about season 1. People love those gay vampire husbands.