Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The show clearly states that Claudia was 14 when she was turned, and yeah she looks older than that, but I don't think it's a big deal since she plays it right. Her accent is a bit over the top but she's been fun so far.

I like that the show actually plays it somewhat slow and builds Lestat and Louis' relationship, though I wish they would have more scenes where Louis isn't just pissed off at lestat all the time - they're mostly relegated to a background setting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

It's pretty good, though I think the vagueness of the vampire abilities is a bit strange. Not anything new to vampire fiction of course, but Lestat being able to stop time is just kind of bizarre. At first I thought it was like a visual metaphor for him doing mass hypnosis or something but no it does just kind of seem like he can stop time. I don't know if that's a book thing or what.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Jeez, these books really go off the rails after a point

quote:

"In my dreams, I saw a city fall into the sea. I heard the cries of thousands", writes Rice, as Lestat de Lioncourt sees visions of a ruined city in his sleep. He and Amel, a spirit Lestat bonded with in the events of the preceding novel, search for the meaning behind the visions of Atlantis, and what it means to the vampires of the world.

The novel presents a lengthy procession of Blood Drinkers from previous adventures as they form a united front against a possible adversary in the form of replimoid beings created many millennia ago for one specific purpose: the destruction of Atlantis and its all-powerful ruler – Amel.

quote:

A Replimoid is an extraterrestrial being indigenous to the planet Bravenna. Created by a group of birdlike creatures known as the Parents, the Replimoids are human in appearance; the only exception being their immortality. They cannot truly die as their souls travel beyond death.

They reproduce through branching. That is, when a limb of their body is severed the removed the limb grows into a clone of the original being.