Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Koopa Kid posted:

Every fan of a team with bad goaltending thinks their goalie was the worst in the league, but from January onward the Leafs had everyone beat.

Hey hold on now, the Wings had multiple games last season where they yanked Alex Nedeljkovic, put in Thomas Greiss, and Greiss was so bad that they put Nedeljkovic back in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

ThinkTank posted:

The Canucks have had a minimum of 4 Swedes under contract pretty much every year since 2000. There are currently six including four on the opening night roster, and that doesn't include the GM who is also Swedish. Vancouver is basically Stockholm 2 now.

The Red Wings, naturally, are overflowing with Swedes. The only have five on the opening night roster but their top callups at forward (Jonatan Berggren, Pontus Andreasson), defense (Albert Johansson, Simon Edvinsson), and goalie (Victor Brattstrom) are all Swedish. It's doubled consonants all the way down.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ginette Reno posted:

If the Devils are supposed to be good explain this analyticsailures

https://twitter.com/papiblez/status/1582044858176241671?s=20&t=mNZjmtxy55c9NfP5-aswbw

Detroit's xGF% in the two games they've played are 79.8% against Montreal and 21.8% against New Jersey. Yeah, I guess that's about average.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

xzzy posted:

I know I am about as far from an NHLer as one can get, but the concept of wearing one uniform for warmups then changing to a new one for the game sounds pretty horrible. When I skate, I dress once and it ain't changing until I'm headed home because getting dressed up is an annoying process.

Most of them undress and re-dress every period!

Although if there was a whole staff whose job was to make sure my stuff was as fresh and comfortable as possible, I might have a different view on it.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Me too, cause Gibson got a double minor here to Erne's minor and the Wings scored 15 seconds into the PP

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Atlantic Divison standings are pretty funny to look at

Boston - 16 points
Florida - 11 points
Buffalo, Detroit, Tampa, Montreal, Toronto - 10 points
Ottawa - 8 points

Really every team in the East is still realistically in the Wild Card hunt (not that it matters at this stage of the year) except for maybe Columbus. They might already be hosed.

there's only one team in the Atlantic with a negative goal differential, and it's Toronto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Maybe Jeff Blashill wasn't the problem after all, this is the third game in four that the Wings have looked completely out of it from the opening faceoff