Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Toaster Beef posted:

Thursday Night Football should be the sacrificial lamb game, clearing a lovely matchup out of the way for better matchups on Sunday and Monday — a hate-watch, viewed only by those who know the football is garbage but are powerless to resist its call.

All Panthers game on thursday the rest of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Thursdays is for clownball

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So Stafford’s elbow is hosed right?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

Tua excelled at it this season
But the offseason narrative!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If you haven't watched Dolphins games and you just saw that awful throw on TNF then I can see how you'd still think he was bad at throwing deep.

But the real problem right now is his brain is all hosed up.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lmao at the guy eating poo poo like 2 seconds in

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1577252440142921728?s=20&t=YSUho0NU-fQb7NbXZXuu3Q

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Yeah that guy looks like he hosed up his knee

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah that guy looks like he hosed up his knee

Both knees, I think -- you can see his other knee buckle when he regains his footing.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Do players ever get into trouble for laying out guys like that? I assume not, but I’m always worried these guys opened a huge liability door.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Draft order after 4 weeks. Totally forgot that the Saints gave the Eagles their 1st to draft Penning was it?
https://twitter.com/EricGalko/status/1577300142096617474

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do players ever get into trouble for laying out guys like that? I assume not, but I’m always worried these guys opened a huge liability door.

Monica Seles gives any athlete a perfectly reasonable justification to drop any fan that runs near them on the field.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Lions!

https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1577304972949180421?s=20&t=9lc9e2ng1jel2CHcCIPwew

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kull the Conqueror posted:

You'll all regret having missed IND-DEN when the final score is 4-3.

That reminds me, is it possible to score a single point in a game? I feel like if you scored while defending the PAT attempt back before the 2 point PAT it was worth a point. But i might be misremembering everything.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

syzpid posted:

That reminds me, is it possible to score a single point in a game? I feel like if you scored while defending the PAT attempt back before the 2 point PAT it was worth a point. But i might be misremembering everything.

1 point safety on PAT/2 pt conversion attempt

e: Secret Base did a video on it recently:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gX9WiR2GRUg

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My understanding is that returned an extra point/2 point conversion is still worth a 1

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Both knees, I think -- you can see his other knee buckle when he regains his footing.

:laffo:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

Monica Seles gives any athlete a perfectly reasonable justification to drop any fan that runs near them on the field.

Someone's going to have money and challenge them in court eventually if they get real screwed up I'd imagine, but yeah there's gonna be this hanging over it.

I'd imagine it'd happen in a college field rush where someone gets pissed going off the field and lays the wrong person out first more than this type of thing.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

a player is going to hit a fan so hard he dies and then the player will go to prison for the same reason that Nic Cage went to prison in Con Air

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Asproigerosis posted:

My understanding is that returned an extra point/2 point conversion is still worth a 1

it's two points

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So Stafford’s elbow is hosed right?

Did you watch the game?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Did you watch the game?
I didnt, what the heck happened?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I didnt, what the heck happened?

imagine Stafford is a cheaply built tract house and the 49ers defensive line is Hurricane Ian.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kalli posted:

imagine Stafford is a cheaply built tract house and the 49ers defensive line is Hurricane Ian.
:hmmyes:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

power rankings are stupid, but like what are we doing here

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1577307380857053184?t=ZWgopu_C5i-cwJe5zV2WyA&s=19

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus and the Eagles are so loaded in draft picks. That teams going to be straight dominant.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jesus and the Eagles are so loaded in draft picks. That teams going to be straight dominant.

I feel like this sentence can describe so many promising looking teams that ended up not turning out well. If I’m the Eagles I do what the Rams did and blow those picks on proven veteran talent.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shyduck posted:

power rankings are stupid, but like what are we doing here

I enjoyed how I went from 'well the Chiefs and Bills are going to get their due until they fail worse than they have' to 'yeah give the Eagles some damned credit' to 'well the Pack are probably still pretty good even though that offense has looked like poo poo.'

To...raising my eyebrow a little at the Dolphins, to raising it quite a bit more about the Rams, to having my eyes roll out of my head about the Vikings.

I mean this is an example of good power rankings really, this is what they're meant to do.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

To...raising my eyebrow a little at the Dolphins, to raising it quite a bit more about the Rams, to having my eyes roll out of my head about the Vikings.

Well, which teams would you put above these?

League has felt really wide-open so far this September outside the top few teams.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I feel like this sentence can describe so many promising looking teams that ended up not turning out well. If I’m the Eagles I do what the Rams did and blow those picks on proven veteran talent.

Gotta trigger to jinx to see it happen baby 😎
(Miami is that team you’re describing tho…they wasted a perfectly setup 2023 with tampering and stupidity)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Grittybeard posted:

I enjoyed how I went from 'well the Chiefs and Bills are going to get their due until they fail worse than they have' to 'yeah give the Eagles some damned credit' to 'well the Pack are probably still pretty good even though that offense has looked like poo poo.'

I mean this is an example of good power rankings really, this is what they're meant to do.

Dolphins were first last week lol

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

they're first this week too. and all weeks

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1577297872512499712

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

The Chiefs, Bills, and Eagles are the correct top 3 and I think their order is largely interchangeable, even though the Eagles are the only team without a loss.

Then it's like the Packers/Bucs/Dolphins/Ravens tier, then suddenly you realize you actually cannot keep Kirk Cousins out of the top 10.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Dan Campbell posted:

“I think we’ve got to shake our roster up a little bit,” Campbell said. “I’m not going to tell you who that is going to be, but we’re talking about right now some trust issues. Just ‘are you going to be where you’re supposed to be? Can I trust you? Are you going to be there and make this call? So, a little trust, a little FBI (football intelligence), and a little bit of dog. I think we’re going to inject some of that in our defense, and I think that can go a long way for us.”

A little bit of dog going into Detroits D this week.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Ah yes, the bengos

They lost to cooper rush

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Feel like everyone assumed this was going to be the QB draft portion of the rebuild for the Lions, but they should probably start thinking about extending Goff and put every single draft asset into that defence.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinjobi posted:

Ah yes, the bengos

They lost to cooper rush
Everyone Cooper Rush faces loses to Cooper Rush.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

i am very excited for Joe Burrow's new tax shelter/organization to pay ne'er-do-well cousins

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

SKULL.GIF posted:

Well, which teams would you put above these?

League has felt really wide-open so far this September outside the top few teams.

I think it's partly because the NFL front loads the schedule with big matchups with playoff teams from last year. For example the Bucs played Dallas, NO, GB, and KC to start. 3/4 won divisions last year. The NFL wants the big matchups right away to get people engaged. Things should shake out more now that you'll see more division matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Go chargers