Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So help me god if the Bills pull off getting CMC...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's funny the Colts got fleeced on trading for Wentz, then fleeced the Commies when trading him away.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

kiimo posted:

I dunno, I think he'll look really good on their IR

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"Rhules are for suckers!"

Rhules are made to be Broken.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kiimo posted:

O/U number of snaps before getting hurt?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

O/U number of snaps before getting hurt?

but what if he doesn't get hurt

what then

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The Bills trading for CMC would be dumb unless the Panthers ate some hilariously large portion of his contract.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They have already reached out so they're interested. Could be they're going about things the Rams way and sacrificing the future to finally win a chip which I couldn't blame them if so.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kim is very plugged in and she says it hasn’t happened yet.

https://twitter.com/ByKimberleyA/status/1579586428006453248

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hey, at least LaCanfora wasn't doing some casual racism this time.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1579563863682732032

https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1579582501957562368

lol good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
If someone is able to take CMCs contract that would prove the cap doesn't exist. If I understand correctly, it's around a 40 million dollar hit for prorated 22, 23 and 24.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 10, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

I think we can say with some certainty that the Bills reached out to the Panthers about CMC or they didn't.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/jjones9/status/1579566170289868800?s=46&t=_ihuPX8Y4LDl_O2RvVYz0Q

Jesus

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

If someone is able to take CMCs contract that would prove the cap doesn't exist. If I understand correctly, it's around a 40 million dollar hit for prorated 22, 23 and 24.

The stuff after this year isn't guaranteed, you'd just cut him rather then pay him his $12m/per.

Any trade would be a 1 season rental for $1m, maybe $2m depending on how his injury guarantee for next year is worded.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kalli posted:

The stuff after this year isn't guaranteed, you'd just cut him rather then pay him his $12m/per.

Any trade would be a 1 season rental for $1m, maybe $2m depending on how his injury guarantee for next year is worded.

I'm talking about the cap hit to the panthers... The rest of his prorated signing bonus hits the cap immediately when they trade him.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

His salary this year is 1 million so that’s all the trading team would be on the hook for. He’s owed 12 million for the next three years but none of that is guaranteed.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

mcmagic posted:

I'm talking about the cap hit to the panthers... The rest of his prorated signing bonus hits the cap immediately when they trade him.

If they trade him right now they actually save about 1m on the cap this year. They take an 18m dead cap charge next year but his cap hit next year is supposed to be 19m so they actually save money there too.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

the Jets refuse to play Mike White over flacco because they know that 2 Hilltoppers starting at QB in the NFL in 1 week would break the seventh seal

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

trey smith being out sucks

https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1579603911589388289

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I thought Ronald Jones would be good. I wonder what happened there....
https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1579603911589388289

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

For his current situation I think the Chiefs just have three guys who they think are better or at least are invested in with CEH.

This lasts exactly until Jerick McKinnon picks up some nagging injury which makes him suck that he tries to play through, which should happen eventually given his history. I mean Jones seems like good cheap insurance, I don't know why he didn't work out to be more than that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mcmagic posted:

Pacheco happened there

Also Ronald Jones is dogshit at pass protection and McKinnon is ~excellent~ at it

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
https://twitter.com/Corey_RholdonTV/status/1579587067046420480

Taysom gonna be a Cowboy

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Feel like Payton should get way more poo poo for just abandoning a team after one year without a HOF QB.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

fsif posted:

Feel like Payton should get way more poo poo for just abandoning a team after one year without a HOF QB.

if he weren't the only time the Saints have ever seen sustained success in their entire franchise history, maybe

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's pretty funny that he still thinks Hill is a 10MM player. We all have blindspots i guess....

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Relentlessboredomm posted:

if he weren't the only time the Saints have ever seen sustained success in their entire franchise history, maybe

I'd be mad at him, except I'd also abandon this cursed rear end franchise if I could.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty funny that he still thinks Hill is a 10MM player. We all have blindspots i guess....

I mean there is blind spots and then there is whatever this is

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fsif posted:

Not a single Saints fans gonna be mad, he won the Superbowl and put together a decent team without Brees, so he can gently caress off if he wants to.

Not gonna root for the cowboys when he comes back, mind you.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Jim Mora had a winning record but otherwise it’s Payton and no one else in their history. He won a championship. I can’t imagine too many Saints fans being upset with him.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

I wish Pete Carroll would have pulled a Sean Payton

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

No one gives a crap when like Derek Carr gets a baloney call

lol

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

:golfclap:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kiimo posted:

Also Ronald Jones is dogshit at pass protection

Can confirm. Solid runner tho.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Where's the flag?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't know

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Sean Payton such a lifetime scumbag piece of poo poo it's good to see someone stay true to themselves and make sure everyone knows they are still a scumbag rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo even after they're gone.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Asproigerosis posted:

Sean Payton such a lifetime scumbag piece of poo poo it's good to see someone stay true to themselves and make sure everyone knows they are still a scumbag rear end in a top hat piece of poo poo even after they're gone.

Very strong opinions about a guy changing jobs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

this ain't Canada, Kelce

wrong thread!

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 11, 2022