Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Nintendo 49ers posted:

Feel like everyone assumed this was going to be the QB draft portion of the rebuild for the Lions, but they should probably start thinking about extending Goff and put every single draft asset into that defence.

The colts right now should serve as a cautionary tale for settling for a vet QB while most of the teams best players are on rookie deals. Sign some IDL and safeties in free agency and draft a QB high... Unless that rams pick ends up being way higher than everyone thought it was going to be when the trade happened, then draft Jalen Carter followed by a QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

The colts right now should serve as a cautionary tale for settling for a vet QB while most of the teams best players are on rookie deals. Sign some IDL and safeties in free agency and draft a QB high... Unless that rams pick ends up being way higher than everyone thought it was going to be when the trade happened, then draft Jalen Carter followed by a QB

The Colts thought they were a good QB away from contenting, the Lions are a good QB away from a wild card spot. Obviously they should take a QB if they can get a guy they like but Goff is playing we enough to stick around at QB while they work on the roster.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I want to see if goff is capable of using Jameson Williams before I decide if goff is the future.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Man, I don't think the Lions are that far along. That defense is so bad I have a hard time seeing them win consistently even with a QB upgrade.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/PageSix/status/1577325674628538371?s=20&t=5e6aMTz_NPIQJM4h-Ce7-A

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I had a dream that the Chargers signed Philip Rivers To a one say contract and retired his number at halftime of the Chiefs game later this year and we won 35-34

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Everyone Cooper Rush faces loses to Cooper Rush.

What goes through my head every time I see Cooper Rush mentioned. Just that main screen “Ruusshhhh!” Should use the intro music for him too.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

he will never retire now

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Chucktesla posted:

Fair point, but I also think the league is littered with cautionary tales right now of throwing QB’s into teams that aren’t ready. There’s a good example in their own division over at Soldier Field. It’s not 1:1 because at least the Lions have an O Line, but still.

In the short to medium term I think defensive help - like, a lot of it - elevates that team more than replacing Goff with a rookie does. The Lions are probably still picking in the top 20 for the next couple of years. Hurts and Lamar were picked later than that and are 2 of the 3 top QB’s in the league right now.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

shirts and skins posted:

Man, I don't think the Lions are that far along. That defense is so bad I have a hard time seeing them win consistently even with a QB upgrade.

if they keep being the league's highest scoring offense then yeah, they're pretty far along and just need a few defensive pieces to be above .500 but we'll have to see how the rest of the season goes

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Can't believe Tom Brady threw away his marriage to Giselle Bundchen to get inevitably stomped on Wild Card weekend.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Diva Cupcake posted:

Can't believe Tom Brady threw away his marriage to Giselle Bundchen to get inevitably stomped on Wild Card weekend.
Nah, this has probably been a long time coming.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1577326972979535872?t=cJt2I-3SqZEBy45TRF768Q&s=19

Even the way they officially announce it is loving lame

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Giselle might be a witch and so expect Rodgers to be hitting her up soon

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-describes-some-of-the-crazy-pregame-rituals-gisele-has-him-go-through-every-week/

quote:

First, Brady noted that Gisele makes an 'altar' for him at every game.

"I've learned a lot from my wife over the years," Brady said. "She's so about the power of intention, and believing things that are really going to happen and she always makes a little altar for me at the game, because she just wills it so much. So she put together a little altar for me that I could bring with pictures of my kids."

Brady is a father of three, so the fact that he has pictures of his kids isn't really that surprising. However, Brady does have a few pregame rituals with his wife that probably won't be copied any time soon by any other NFL player with their spouse.

"I have these little special stones and healing stones and protection stones and she has me wear a necklace and take these drops she makes and say all these mantras," Brady said.

[...]

After the Patriots win over the Rams in Super Bowl LIII, Gisele let Brady know how lucky he was to marry a 'witch.'

"Right after the game, she said, 'See, I did a lot of work. You do your work. I do mine,'" Brady said. "She said, 'You're lucky you married a witch, I'm just a good witch.'"

She's gonna steal his powers and turns out she was the one making him powerful all along. Time to count him out.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Oct 4, 2022

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

No Butt Stuff posted:

he will never retire now

:sickos:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-describes-some-of-the-crazy-pregame-rituals-gisele-has-him-go-through-every-week/

She's gonna steal his powers and turns out she was the one making him powerful all along. Time to count him out.

What the loving hell.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

No Butt Stuff posted:

he will never retire now

Can’t wait for him to get the Tebow treatment at 50, bouncing around teams in the pre-season talking about how he’s committed to being a starting QB and winning a title while everyone humors him but is also clearly laughing behind his back.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Man folks wasted no time clowing on ol' Tittie Kisser again. I could have sworn people were really looking at him as a starter again in the offseason.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well gently caress.

Edit: VVVV It begin.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1577344566327492609

Without her witch powers he's beginning to break down

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I like that Eli Manning is more powerful than witchcraft.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Tom thinks his bullshit weirdo diet and scam artist trainer are the secret to his longevity but it’s always been his wife drawing on the inexhaustible power of Gaia to rejuvenate him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t wait until Giselle reveals her own line of crystals and essential oils.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

That article is from 2019 btw but somehow like nobody took notice of it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Teflon Tom.

Also:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1577344311716462593?s=20&t=SBY1UG9QBt1jVArTrgkfsQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Yeah I’m sure a week will really get to the bottom of all this.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

Well that means he’s been dealing with this level of batshit insanity for at minimum over 3 years then. Yikes.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

all white women are witches now. this is a nothingburger of a story

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Can’t wait until Giselle reveals her own line of crystals and essential oils.

I assume she has one already.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well that means he’s been dealing with this level of batshit insanity for at minimum over 3 years then. Yikes.

It's been way longer than that from the article he talks about it going on during the Patriots Seahawks Super Bowl. He also believes in it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Tom Brady is going to retire having never lost to the Dallas Cowboys and it seriously chaps my rear end.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

It was all that one doctor that has already been fired and a mistake like this will never ever happen again. The NFL is super committed to player safety.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shinjobi posted:

Tom Brady is going to retire having never lost to the Dallas Cowboys and it seriously chaps my rear end.

Tom has never lost to the Falcons, who the Bucs play this week, so if he loses then the magic is certainly gone and we can count him out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Nah, this has probably been a long time coming.

Probably true, but memeing on it is much more enjoyable than the truth

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kazil posted:

It was all that one doctor that has already been fired and a mistake like this will never ever happen again. The NFL is super committed to player safety.

We did it! Phew. Between this rogue doctor and the whole Cameron Brate thing being no big deal because they took a while to notice, I feel better. Bring on the HITZZ

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

LightReaper posted:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1577344566327492609

Without her witch powers he's beginning to break down

good, let the rot begin

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

if the NFL really cares about player safety then Tom Brady should not be allowed to play the rest of the season

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Bears should bring back mitch.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Chiefs/Lions Superbowl

At last, the epic offensive showdown for the ages we’ve been salivating for between Patrick Mahomes and…looks back and forth several times from the transcript…Jared Goff?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

More time for football!