Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Disappointing on many levels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

tears of sorrow because of what they have taken from us

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
https://twitter.com/chainsawman_pr/status/1579668115364814853

Does this means that it airs midnight for Japan, which would be 10:30am EST and 7:30am PST here? Also I have no idea at this point if it's simulcast with English dub on Crunchyroll or whatever the situation is.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That doesn't look good for her spine

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Willsun posted:

https://twitter.com/chainsawman_pr/status/1579668115364814853

Does this means that it airs midnight for Japan, which would be 10:30am EST and 7:30am PST here? Also I have no idea at this point if it's simulcast with English dub on Crunchyroll or whatever the situation is.

looks like its 9am PST/12pm EST

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Makima fans gaslighting themselves into believing she's got a big rear end has been extremely funny.

Anyway; Chainsaw Man.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/chainsawmanps/status/1579810865557409796?s=46&t=dNmlU8Kb-XrVZchAHqgEiQ

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

well guys i watched the first episode. and unfortunately it suffers from being loving great lfg chainsaw man goated anime of the year anime of the century

what's more, the ED for this episode is absolutely perfect. CHAINSAW BLOOD

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
drat that's one dense OP

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
lol at denji doing the big lebowski jesus moves in the op

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFlDRhvM4L0&ab_channel=MAPPACHANNEL

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
The OP is one of the best Ive ever seen

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bakugo's va for Denji is a drat good choice.

Love him going crazy while killing the zombie yakuza "I DON'T OWE YOU A drat THING"

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Big Leg posted:

lol at denji doing the big lebowski jesus moves in the op

it's perfect

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jerkface posted:

The OP is one of the best Ive ever seen

:hai:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
this is the sickest loving poo poo i've seen in a minute the driving music with the chainsaw SFX in the background of the zombie devil fight with the sick as gently caress animation

mappa you've loving done it again!!

Edit: gently caress even the ED slaps, CHAINSAW MAN

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 11, 2022

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Can you believe they're only going to use that ED once?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pierson posted:

Makima fans gaslighting themselves into believing she's got a big rear end has been extremely funny.

Anyway; Chainsaw Man.

The Lordosis Devil grants powers some would consider unnatural.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

That's what I like to see. Totally broke my immersion to see a Makima whose chin and nose were different lengths.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I dunno if anyone's saying this, but that Chainsaw Man is pretty good.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
I hate to be the odd one out here, but this kicked rear end and I loved watching it.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Bakugo's va for Denji is a drat good choice.

Love him going crazy while killing the zombie yakuza "I DON'T OWE YOU A drat THING"

They didn't get Bakugo's VA. Japanese voice of Denji's pretty much a rookie.

He can really bring the same "gently caress YOU AND DIE" energy, though. I'll give you that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

They didn't get Bakugo's VA. Japanese voice of Denji's pretty much a rookie.

He can really bring the same "gently caress YOU AND DIE" energy, though. I'll give you that.

drat I thought I was getting better at recognizing voices.

roobots
Dec 4, 2006

You can only think of Halloween until you die.
The first episode is really good and nailed the somber tone of the manga that I was worried would be left behind for something more bombastic, which there is also plenty of in the manga. My only major gripes so far:

1. The style is SO clean that it loses some of the character and charm of the manga. I'll take it as a necessary trade-off for how good the 2D animation looks though.
2. The majority of this episode's big fight is CG and it doesn't look bad, but it is just very obvious and I wish we could have big fun action set pieces done in 2D more often these days.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here of having any criticisms of the show, I just think the CG is very obvious.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

That first episode is pretty cool, instantly hooked.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What is the status of the dub? I’ll almost certainly watch the sub but why are they not releasing it at the same time? This feels very silly to me

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Just finished watching, absolutely owned. Nailed it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Thought I'd check out ADTRW, to see what everyone thought, and I'm shocked and disappointed to read some of these posts.

I, for one, actually thought that Episode 1 of Chainsaw Man was incredibly enjoyable.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Bread Set Jettison posted:

What is the status of the dub? I’ll almost certainly watch the sub but why are they not releasing it at the same time? This feels very silly to me

The weird thing is that the dub for the first episode already aired at a con. So, I don't know.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Yeah, we're onto something. Chainsaw Man was going to be start good no matter what but even with this really strong season this has stood up and delivered. OP solid, music good, aninmation nice (the CG models are really nice even if you can still tell by the camera moves) and little details they added (I think) like how the Chainsaw head melts away were really nice. The next 12 weeks are going to be a joy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

roobots posted:

The first episode is really good and nailed the somber tone of the manga that I was worried would be left behind for something more bombastic, which there is also plenty of in the manga. My only major gripes so far:

1. The style is SO clean that it loses some of the character and charm of the manga. I'll take it as a necessary trade-off for how good the 2D animation looks though.
2. The majority of this episode's big fight is CG and it doesn't look bad, but it is just very obvious and I wish we could have big fun action set pieces done in 2D more often these days.

I'm sure I'm in the minority here of having any criticisms of the show, I just think the CG is very obvious.

Yeah, I liked the choreography of the big fight scene, but the CG was pretty obvious and not rough by any means, but it does kinda take you out with how it;s like 95% of teh way there to looking 2D but the movement or the shading betrays it.

As a first time Chainsaw Man enjoyer, I didn't mind the action scenes being a little lesser because everything building up to it was crazy good and satisfying.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

episode pwned. CGI worked better than i thought. OP and ED were both bangers. gently caress im hype!!!

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Episode ruled

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
how come nobody told me chainsaw man is good actually, except for all those hundreds of people constantly hollering "READ CHAINSAW MAN" nonstop over the past few years, but i thought they were doing a bit so they don't count

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I've not read the manga, but I get the impression that Power is a fun character from the OP and anime opening, so I'm looking forward to her.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Wife's assessment: "This is weird, even by your standards."

Looking forward to more.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

I've not read the manga, but I get the impression that Power is a fun character from the OP and anime opening, so I'm looking forward to her.

having read the manga, massive, massive same

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1579936239192805376

One of the better mashups of the references in the OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I was wondering why the opening looked so odd.

Not a fan of the edgy/cheesy origin story but am a fan of the carnage.