Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

not a big fan, honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

??

cognitive science is a real thing that in fact does answer lots of questions. idk what you count as meaningful but

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotor posted:

no one knows what this thread is, post wahtever you want, thread topics are a fake idea

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

stims and benzos you say....? maybe i do need to go to the doctor.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

the idea of dissolution of the self terrifies me. i have the worst nightmares about like, having late-stage Alzheimer's and being just lucid enough to watch my personality, my memory & thought, that ephemeral spark that makes me me, just... fading away

hadn't thought about that in a while, before the end of act 1 / beginning of act 2 in (game) CP2077 brought the nightmare literally front & center

yeah things like the three stigmata of palmer eldritch or the white bear episode of black mirror are some of the most disturbing pieces of media to me for the same reason.

post hole digger fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 7, 2022

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

sort of similarly i always thought a funny concept for a book would be a sort of portrait of an artist as a young man in reverse where a young student starts out with this very animated and creative style of writing and it gets more stilted and dull as the book goes on as the main character gets beaten down by the drudgery of life.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that gives me an idea…

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nudgenudgetilt posted:

steak burrito and horchata

not bad

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

idk how that is settling your stomach tho

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

that makes total sense to me. sounds kind of like a comfort food type thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Raluek posted:

so far so good :shepface:

lol