Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

What would an Ohtani trade package look like? I feel like the Jays have at least the start of one in something like Moreno/Tiedemann/Gurriel but it's been a long time since I've paid such close attention to either the Jays' farm system or prospect trade values more generally.

I figure what with the whole Rogers communications thing we can absorb some of their high money bad contracts to help things along?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Timby posted:

Oh my loving God can we not re-litigate the Astros cheating thing for the nine hundredth time?

Seriously. Baseball is nearly back. Actual 2023 baseball

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

more falafel please posted:

Yeah, each team has an equal chance of scoring in an inning (putting aside differences in roster talent and where in the batting orders they are/what the state of the bullpens are), but the most likely score at the end of each half-inning is 0, which means that the most likely outcome of each extra inning is a tie. Adding the zombie runner does succeed in the goal of adding more *variance* to the scoring. It's not more likely that the home team will score or the away team will score, it's more likely that one team will score a different number of runs than the other.

I hate the zombie runner, but I guess I lost that fight. Everyone involved except fans loves it.

The debate/argument about this has already been had in previous iterations of this thread, but thanks for the wording. Ever since I realized it would get games into the sweet spot for programming time I figures it would be permanent

Baseball fans like extra innings, TV execs and advertisers hate it. Lorne Michaels once famously lost his poo poo over an NFL overtime cutting into SNL and I imagine most TV types are the same way

Although with streaming you could argue "who cares"?