Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don’t necessarily think Rizzo will opt out of his deal. Aging 1Bs tend to not get big contracts and I think Rizzo’s current deal is fair enough. Also I love him and I want him to be a Yankee until his career is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Yanks had a league average K rate as a team this year, which was an improvement over years past.

I don’t necessarily think Cashman should be canned, but this organization does need a new set of eyes on it. It’s rather obvious that there’s some flaw in the team’s self-evaluation process because it doesn’t take a genius to realize that a high OBP, lefty-centered offense is going to score a ton of runs and make a pitcher’s life hell.

The righty heavy offenses of the Judge epoch have done well in the regular season because you’re not facing the best teams’ best pitchers every single night. They falter in the playoffs because there’s always a “lane” for one type of pitcher and pitch combination to eat innings and limit scoring.

The organization’s mandate for getting to the playoffs and letting things run their course isn’t bad on its face but the upper levels do need to do a better job of making sure the players have the advanced data in a digestible form and putting the right type of player on the roster. Too many mistakes have been made in trying to make up for the fact that prospects haven’t finished their development in the majors.

Fire Aaron Boone tho. Sick of that dumbass

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/samlindauer/status/1599452712885977089?s=46&t=BpAFq-2YcCPhZKxZMyp-Ug

My list is in the quotes but I put

Ruth
Bonds
Pedro
Mays
Flood
Ohtani
Jeter
Koufax
Shoeless Joe
Jackie

The cool thing about this exercise is that there’s truly no wrong answer

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

MrMojok posted:

Do we know % of vote for the others?

https://twitter.com/billshaikin/status/1599572698988150785?s=46&t=_xV5iwqQEkSR_3aLrcmmyQ

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was on suicide watch for a solid five minutes

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1601583039255293952?s=46&t=7dMwJsFM1OGOv4YoSmT8Fg

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Back in the day when I had a podcast, he reached out to my partner in that endeavor and I told my bro he was a lying huckster. He’s well known in NY sports circles on twitter as being a hack

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Listen we all know this thread is for the sickos and perverts who would watch Royals-DBacks on a random Tuesday afternoon, might as well embrace the balanced schedule and the weird poo poo it’ll bring

Also, don’t forget that this year the bigger bags and limited pickoffs are coming. Might see stealing come back

Carlosologist fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4023914&perpage=40&pagenumber=1&noseen=1

Oh, I made a thread specifically for the 17 Astros