Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Rizzo should opt out because the Yankees are going to be bad when Judge signs with the Angels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

4 combined runs in 24 innings

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Rays batted for 24 innings, scored 1 run, and only had one inning with two hits

e:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1578854946971168769

lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Bregman poo poo on alt right Nazi types then someone replied that he was costing himself jersey sales and he said gently caress you I don't want you buying my jersey so he's alright with me

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I get that telling fascists to gently caress off is basically the least someone can do but it's still nice to see someone openly do the twitter equivalent of performing Nazi Punks gently caress Off in a world where other athletes might say "Republicans buy shoes too"

Bregman has seemed like an overly cocky but otherwise chill guy through what I've seen of him

But what do I know? None of us actually know any of these people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Trade Correa makes sense if and only if you expect the Twins to collapse the way they did down the stretch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Angels should overpay for deGrom

Sale has a player option but lol no way he opts out after throwing less than 50 innings since 2019

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

man the M's are cool. Kirby and Castillo over the next several years is going to be scary as well

good series, closer than the sweep it ended up being

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is Kyle Lewis cooked/busting or was this just a down year after an injury?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Penisaurus Sex posted:

Would be great to beat the poo poo out of the Astros for the next 4-5 years, we didn't get to enjoy them blatantly tanking and playing the worst baseball imaginable in the NL Central for the early 2010s.

You definitely got to see them tanking they just weirdly had the M's number anyway

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pungry posted:

I don't know how well it came across in the broadcast, but the Mariners crowd was awesome while at the game. Through 17 innings, it was rocking and 98% filled even then. Only problem was that Macklemore got to talk twice over the PA. But they were there and in it the whole time and it was a joy. Until the 18th.

they crowd was clearly pretty boss through the broadcast

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ammat The Ankh posted:

every time I see a Dodgers season it's like “the team had three separate 28-game win streaks en route to a 137-25 season while the lineup did something that hasn't been done since ‘The Massacre Men’ of the 1886 Allentown Boatswains, as Los Angeles lost in the NLDS 3-1”

they should try winning 3 titles in 5 years IMO but not every team is built like that

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

the dodgers are the latest victim of the poo poo playoff format

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Super Jay Mann posted:

How the heck are the Dodgers victims when the format allowed them to dodge the Mets and Braves altogether?

Technically it should have with reseeding, it was just a happy accident that it happened

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

No beause those Braves teams were nowhere near as stacked as the Dodgers teams

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

this strolled across my timeline so why not, I've never seen it before and maybe someone else hasn't either

https://twitter.com/nut_history/status/1581788877185961985

what a hose

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Some Numbers posted:

Come to Seattle! We made it to the playoffs!

good god would he be a huge upgrade to our pitching staff and lineup

Maybe in 2024. I have a hard time seeing the Angels trading him within the division, especially since I've read the Mariners emptied the farm for Castillo

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Red posted:

Really? Between Trout and Ohtani, a few average starters should be enough to get them close to a wild card. Ward and Fletcher are good, too.

"They just need a couple of starters" has been the book on the Angels for a decade

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Get one really nice fitted cap from a loved one and then keep tweaking it until it finally fits perfectly and the brim is just the way you like it and you wear it at Progressive Field as the Cubs win game 7 and it's absorbed the same rain that soaked the players on the field that day, blessing the cap to become a LUCKY cap and you wear it while buying a Megamillions ticket and you win the jackpot and run outside, whooping and hollering but the brim of your lucky cap prevents you from seeing the falling air conditioner unit that crushes you to death and then you're buried in your favorite lucky cap for all eternity

(mostly a true story)

also bending the bill immediately and getting scandalized looks from people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

he's going into his age 33 season and will be making $36 million, then for the following four years $38 million

I don't know if basesball truly has any unmoveable contracts but that one has to be close. No way in hell anyone is taking it on for one year of Ohtani even if you don't have to include any prospects

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Pena is a good SS with the potential to be elite but uhhhhh he's deifnitely not a top 3 defensive SS yet unless the field is awafully thin

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Huh, that's surprising. He makes some really great plays but also a ton of boneheaded ones

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

"What goes through your mind when you see this?"

https://i.imgur.com/hue7PAU.mp4

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Johnny Bravo posted:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583678273698963457

ryan spaeder is going through some things and is tired of baseball twitter making fun of him for being friends with curt schilling

Dude says he's too much of an outlaw journalist to be accepted into BBWAA circles lol

He think's he's the Hunter S Thompson of baseball

e:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583688160386568192

lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I have no idea who that is but apparently his big falling out was two summers ago when he just started tweeting every random cheating conspiracy theory he could find targeting the likes of Judge, Utley, and Adrian Beltre. I’m sure that made him many friends.

He also apologized for it afterwards and then look at the tweet I posted regarding that

Just utter scumbag

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Oh that reminds me, the dads disproved Ewing Theory in addition to breaking the Dodgers streak

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/Urshela10/status/1584530173202157569

I guess Gio decided to do a little trolling

Pretty healthy mix if fans who say they miss him and fans who are angry about it

e: actually it's weighted more in the "Donaldson sucks we miss you" direction

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Smart move. They've built a perennial contender

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol verlander put up the second best season long era in history, he's washed

hopefully he doesn't opt out of 2023 but if he does the Astros can move on I think. Even without him they have a bit of a SP crunch with Lance, Framber, Javier, Garcia, Urquidy, Brown and potentially Whitley

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

There are dueling predictions

https://twitter.com/calliemelancon/status/1584722846903066624

The Nationals winning in 2024 seems..... dubious

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

The difference between the Cubs having broken their historic drought and now being 114 years without a title or whatever is - among other things - an inning where Chapman was put back out after the Davis HR despite being completely and utterly gassed, and three straight Cleveland hitters couldn't square up hanging sliders right down the middle. Also the last AB of the game was Montgomery vs Michael Martinez, the last guy on Cleveland's bench and a journeyman washout who the Cubs literally didn't have a scouting report for because who the hell would give Michael Martinez a postseason AB, and per Montero his chat with Montgomery was basically "idk throw a bunch of curveballs I guess, hopefully he hits one on the ground for an out."

The luck factor in the postseason is absolutely a thing.

As good an excuse as any to post this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2nFc1Ps5xA

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Pussy Boss posted:

Sometimes, you try to trade for a player, but other teams offer prospects that the trading team likes better, and so you don't get that player

*looks at the return the Rockies got for Arenado*

hm

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

"I’m an Astro, bro," Reggie Jackson, a special advisor to Houston owner Jim Crane, told Mark Berman of Fox 26 last week at Minute Maid Park. "The pinstripes get heavy sometimes."

oof

Well he literally works for the Astros so

e: found a poster's youtube account

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDTUZUo0TT0

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 27, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sounds like this is literally a response to people being critical of Kyrie for promoting an anti-semitic documentary so yikes

https://twitter.com/pstalbot83/status/1586775770235445249

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

e: nvm was remembering wrong

There was a case where someone got caught cause he tried to gather his bat pieces instead of running it out but that wasn't Sammy, can't remember who it was

Sammy did cork his bat though and blamed it on it being the wrong bat, claimed it was a BP bat that he used to hit long homeruns for the fans

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 31, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

My favorite part about the Albert Belle corked bat is when Grimsley broke into the office to replace it with an uncorked bat he used a Paul Sorrento bat. When asked why, he said because Belle didn't have any uncorked bats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dang that Pete Rose guy should be in the hall of fame

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kyle Tucker won the GG which.... I guess

I mean he's ok defensively but he never looks all that impressive. Above average range and arm but not elite

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/BlooperBraves/status/1588002048255164418

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros should sign Rizzo IMO, Yuli is probably cooked after this year