Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Pirates finish 62-100, exactly one win better than last season. At this rate we'll have a winning season in uhhh 16 years.

On the bright side: Cutch, Bell, Frazier, and J-Hay are all about to be free agents. Let's get the band back together babyyyyy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Toronto fans... welcome!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Johnny Bravo posted:

Carlos Correa said he is opting out

Ohhhh woooowwww that's craaaaazy

WHO could have seen this COMING oh my goooosh

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Lester Shy posted:

Is there any trick for getting MLB caps for less than 40ish dollars? It looks like there are dozens of near-identical Fanatics sites that have different promos and stuff but no matter what you're paying $40-50.

How many hats are you buying? I got the premium access pass cause it about pays for itself if you buy a single hat per year

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Johnny Bravo posted:

https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/status/1583678273698963457

ryan spaeder is going through some things and is tired of baseball twitter making fun of him for being friends with curt schilling

I don't know who this is and was only able to make it through like 1/2 of his Twitter essay before I decided I don't care he's too whiny

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Padres... hello!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Should I be excited about the Rangers hiring Bochy? Managers don’t actually matter that much, right?

Stats people say the difference between a good and bad manager is like 1 win tops, or something like that. Which may be true, but for me misses the point: a team with a bad manager is like 20x less enjoyable to watch

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It's funny that the Yankees lost and I hope they do it more often

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Aaron Judge should be required to take steroids. I wanna see how man dingers he could hit

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Red posted:

Should the Rockies just up and build a domed stadium?

no, and gently caress you for putting this energy into the world

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yankees need a quarantine thread

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

GPTribefan posted:

I think you’re forgetting the all time greatest corked bat aftermath

In 2000, card company Pacific put out a product called Invincible that included game used bat cards - they obtained gamers from players, cut them up into slices, and inserted them into cards that were hella hard to find and really well-designed. Well whoops, turns out the gamer they got from Manny was corked and it made it into some of the cards CORK INTACT

Pacific hit the panic button after the card was released and purchased a SECOND bat to cut up and insert into a different product to make good. Except…. That one turned out to be corked too. Manny being Manny on a whole ‘nother level

This is awesome. I have $50 paypal burning a hole in my pocket and I'm distraught there aren't any on ebay. I wonder how much they go for!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

FlamingLiberal posted:

So are the Red Sox going to let Bogaerts walk or what

Yea

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Colts are giving out commemorative NFT tickets and I just.... Don't care

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

STAC Goat posted:

Is there actually a practical difference between a nft ticket and a non nft ticket? Like don’t you have to print out the latter? Can you not print the former? I recognize nfts are scams and worthless but so is memorabilia kinda. It seems about the same level as a commemorative plate. But I’m old so I have a specious grasp on this.

Or were you hoping the Astros would send you an old school ticket stub?

I'm not sure what you're asking exactly but I haven't been to a pro sporting event that still accepts paper tickets in like... a couple years at this point

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Red posted:

What if I walk up to the ticket office at the stadium 15 minutes before the first pitch and buy a seat and say I have no smartphone?

bawfuls posted:

They’ll give you a printed out pdf ticket on an 8x11 sheet of office paper

So I was primarily thinking about the Colts, and I am not sure the answer to this, and don't actually know what happens if you want to go to a game and don't have a smartphone.

From their website:

quote:

As was the case beginning with the 2016 season, tickets for all Indianapolis Colts games will no longer include a printable PDF option. This decision was made to protect the integrity of your season tickets and to prevent fraud and counterfeit problems that often accompany PDF tickets. Printed PDF tickets WILL NOT be accepted at Lucas Oil Stadium gates for admittance.

Other teams/sports I've been to have HIGHLY ENCOURAGED mobile ticketing, but I'm not sure if it was required or not.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'm so excited for Choi

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I need more baseball. Doesn't Australia play it now? How do I watch that??

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

howe_sam posted:

The Dominican League is going on right now.

Ok how do I watch that

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Arivia posted:

“oh, let me get the roast out of the warming bernabel”

Lmao

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Pirates didn't protect Malcom Nuñez which seems dangerous. People tell me first basemen are rarely taken in the rule 5, but if he gets taken I'm gonna be pissed at Cherington

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

GalacticAcid posted:

I don’t actually expect Nuñez will wind up being a good player but it’s going to be really funny when Cherington’s Big Return for José Quintana is lost in the Rule 5 Draft while James Click is sitting on the bench available for hire.

Yea more likely than not he'll flame out, but protecting a 24 year old AA guy who projects as a utility bat at best instead of the chunky home run hitter that we literally just got is very aggravating.

I'd love Click obviously but Nutting ain't gonna do that

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Intruder posted:

I'm glad Judge got to win an MVP in a season where he didn't deserve it so hopefully people can stop whining about 2017

Bro have you ever met a Yankees fan?? lmao

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Wrigley snubbed yet again. They haven't hosted since 1990.

That's because it's a terrible stadium that should be torn down and replaced

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't been there in at least 10 years

I went last season and they have turned it into a bar that happens to have live baseball from time to time.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I dunno what the gently caress is going on in here, but here's a DEAL baby wooooo:

https://twitter.com/ken_rosenthal/status/1593791615352852480

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I don't respect the HoF because many of the most fun players don't make it

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Big sale at Ebbetts Field Flannels: https://www.ebbets.com/collections/all-clearance/sport_baseball

some real cool stuff in there

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Oh no I can't believe someone would post a photo of their favorite hobby on social media!!!

Good buck, cool gun, fun hat, haters vacate

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is the Athletic worth it for the Cardinals and to a lesser extent the Rays? I got an offer for $1 a month for a year and that’s tempting even though I hate subscriptions.

If you like sports at all then the Athletic is a good buy imo

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Good morning I am thankful for the relentless march of time that will eventually lead to the death of Bob Nutting

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The baseball hall of fame is fraudulent as long as Bonds isn't in

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
https://twitter.com/RobBiertempfel/status/1597307150199836672

Look when you have the chance to get a guy with an ERA over 5 you gotta pull the trigger

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

maffew buildings posted:

I don't know how you can possibly call a rotation whose starters will average out to 90mph on their 4 seamers (maybe more when Cool Kyle gets that average velo up to 88) "soft tossing" but you do you while I chill out here in the 'Christopher Morel NL MVP' zone

90mph is not very fast anymore GRANDPA

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

maffew buildings posted:

ok, sure, 90mph isn't fast and bunting doesn't work. OK.

Average fastball is like 94 these days man. Dudes are out there throwing 100 all game. 90 is relatively slow

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
nationalize all sports leagues

and let me run them :getin:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
god I hate Bob Nutting so much

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Baseball Hall Of Fame is a JOKE and a SHAM

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

fast cars loose anus posted:

HOF confirmed as worthless institution dedicated to a silly culture war and not the history of baseball

maffew buildings posted:

very cool the Hall is now officially completely loving useless, that's tight

:emptyquote:

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

It's insane that's they aren't in but the moment the committee was announced it was obvious Mcgriff was getting elected to prove a point and that Bonds + Clemens would be rejected by their peers to also prove a point.

The specific people chosen were chosen to give cover to the BBWA for not electing Bonds and Clemens previously. "See even their contemporaries don't think they deserve it. We were always right!!!"

I'm not sure what your argument is tbh. I was mad before this, I am mad again now, and I will continue to be mad after this. It's not some big surprise but it's still dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

howe_sam posted:

It's not like the Hall has completely excised these guys from baseball history. You can go there and see the bloody sock, there's a whole rear end display about Bonds and the home run record chase. They just aren't in the room with all the plaques.

that's the most important room