Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Where's the Nuclear Apocalypse Hope thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrriKcwvlY

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Axetrain posted:

Nuclear Successes

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011
I am freaking the gently caress out right now. You guys I am seriously freaking out. Will nuclear war mean Ukraine loses?

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

back in the 50s we as a society built a bunch of civil defense fallout shelters and bunkers that could save millions in the case of nuclear war, its funny no one even considers doing that now. cant tell if its just more accepting reality that nuclear war is unsurvivable or we as a society dont value our own lives any more, or at least the lives of the nonrich, the rich will be on a private plane to new zealand when the bombs fall

i mean, back then it was actually possible to survive a nuclear attack. the weapons are so much more powerful and there are so many now that you have no chance of surviving it, they realized it was a waste of time to build shelters because the choice is "get vaporized instantly" or "probably get vaporized instantly anyway or possibly broiled alive in a metal tomb"

i live on a military base so if the nukes start falling i know i get the peaceful option of being instantly vaporized, it's nice

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

iCe-CuBe. posted:

I am freaking the gently caress out right now. You guys I am seriously freaking out. Will nuclear war mean Ukraine loses?

Crazypoops posted:

Nuclear Successes

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

Axetrain posted:

i hope the nuke lands dirextly on my butt hole while im giving it ita daily 10 minutes

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Eat a puss do Adeus

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

If every major city in the US was reduced to a radioactive crater and human civilization came to an end what would that mean for midterms?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzlofSthVwc

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
moments before annihilation, libs will have one last laugh. "bush called it nucular. heh."

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I doubt it, libs are real chummy with Dubya these days.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Axetrain posted:

I doubt it, libs are real chummy with Dubya these days.

did you hear he does art now

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zodium posted:

can i gently caress the nuke

ya but you’ve gotta go fast

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iCe-CuBe. posted:

inshallah

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

back in the 50s we as a society built a bunch of civil defense fallout shelters and bunkers that could save millions in the case of nuclear war, its funny no one even considers doing that now. cant tell if its just more accepting reality that nuclear war is unsurvivable or we as a society dont value our own lives any more, or at least the lives of the nonrich, the rich will be on a private plane to new zealand when the bombs fall

Yeah that's because at the time the bombs were lovely and inaccurate as gently caress. The moment the missiles got good enough to put a megaton directly onto a city civil defense was largely a rock to keep away tigers. This occurred about 20 minutes after the development of civil defense as a concept, they just kept up the duck and cover kayfabe so people wouldn't turn into reavers in the last ten minutes of civilization.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

we've all played fallout and found out what happens to people in bunkers

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

buddy, if you're telling me i can turn into a plant zombie or engage in one last psychopathic social experiment, let me tell you I am not dissuaded

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

the rich will be on a private plane to new zealand when the bombs fall

doubt this tbh, would be hard for them to have planes prepped and ready to go wheels up within 30m of a nuke warning including travel time to nearest airport

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

ted hitler hunter posted:

w h i t e p e o p l e :blastback::sickos::blaster: w h i t e p e o p l e

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I was vaporized by a nuclear bomb. But I never hated it. I said "thank you for your service"

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

everybody greeting the bombs like

E Depois do Adeus
Jun 3, 2012

Nobody has better respect for intelligence than Donald Trump.

vyelkin posted:

everybody greeting the bombs like

Glad to see im not the only one with the idea

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Homeless Friend posted:

GARY!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Crazypoops posted:

Nuclear Successes

Mistakes into nuclear miracles

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

vyelkin posted:

I was vaporized by a nuclear bomb. But I never hated it. I said "thank you for your service"

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

really queer Christmas posted:

Mistakes into nuclear miracles

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

imagining big ole mommy milkers on the waifu tsundere nuke that lands near me and eradicates everything I know and love and hold dear

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

Not my problem, imo

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I'll definitely die but I'll die happy knowing that New York was most likely hit before i was

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

I'll just think about how amazing it is to be part of history.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
When the bomb drops there'll be a four minute warning! THREE MINUTES OF ANARCHY AND ONE OF BLIND FUTILITY

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

I knew some people that lived on Hawaii in 2018 when the apocalypse warning went off

quote:

The alert was sent at 8:07 a.m. Hawaii–Aleutian Standard Time.[27] People in Hawaii reported seeing the alert on their smartphones. Many screenshots of the push alert were shared on social media platforms, such as Twitter.[28][29] The alert read, in all capital letters:[30]]The U.S. Pacific Command has detected a missile threat to Hawaii. A missile may impact on land or sea within minutes. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. If you are indoors, stay indoors. If you are outdoors, seek immediate shelter in a building. Remain indoors well away from windows. If you are driving, pull safely to the side of the road and seek shelter in a building or lay on the floor. We will announce when the threat has ended. THIS IS NOT A DRILL. Take immediate action measures.

I asked them what they did for those few minutes and they just gave me, "uhhhh. yeah we don't really talk about that time."

people were putting their kids into storm drains and poo poo, if this was for real then anyone left will have some primo content. imagine expecting your kids to die, yikes!

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Look guys, I saw a movie about this once! We'll all be fine, we just have to duck and cover, and then the bomb can't get us!

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

Not sure if this is accurate at all, but there's an old tool that overlays theoretical nuclear yields over google maps, so you can determine if you're in the zone of instant death, lingering misery, or relative safety.

https://nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i just hope im online for when it happens.

palindrome
Feb 3, 2020

beam your last posts out to space, for posterity.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
going to highly recommend Miracle Mile (1988) movie for the times. i recommend going in blind. but it's very mood and ending is rather cspam.

it's a beautiful movie too

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Xaris posted:

going to highly recommend Miracle Mile (1988) movie for the times. i recommend going in blind. but it's very mood and ending is rather cspam.

Yeah, it’s a good movie that is a absolutely forgotten…for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Xaris posted:

going to highly recommend Threads (1984) movie for the times. i recommend going in blind. but it's very mood and ending is rather cspam.