Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit
What are some matches I should look up if I wanna watch Jordynne Grace being cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

PunishedEnzoMatrix posted:

What are some matches I should look up if I wanna watch Jordynne Grace being cool?

Her last two matches against Masha Slamovich are :discourse:

PunishedEnzoMatrix
Jul 29, 2022

by Hand Knit

Edward Mass posted:

Her last two matches against Masha Slamovich are :discourse:

The highlights from that last Masha match is what had me asking, yeah. I'll have to check out the full matches!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The company signed an international partnership with DAZN

quote:

TORONTO, ON and LONDON, UK, November 29, 2022 – Anthem Sports & Entertainment, Inc., a global multi-platform media company, and DAZN -- a leading global sports entertainment platform -- announced today an international partnership that will deliver Anthem’s IMPACT Wrestling to more than 170 countries worldwide beginning on November 29.

The multi-year agreement will give DAZN viewers in 170+ countries -- including the UK, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, France, Poland, Spain, Italy, the Netherlands, Japan, and Brazil -- the best seat in the house to IMPACT Wrestling’s weekly IMPACT! flagship series, home to larger-than-life characters, high-stakes matchups and blockbuster drama.

Additionally, DAZN viewers will have access to IMPACT’s high-octane PPV events and premium IMPACT Plus live specials, as well as select titles from IMPACT Wrestling’s archives, directly through the DAZN platform.

“DAZN is a global leader in premier sports programming, and we are proud to partner with them as we expand IMPACT Wrestling’s international reach even further,” said Scott D’Amore, Executive Vice President, Anthem Sports Media Group. “From the beginning, IMPACT Wrestling has enjoyed a worldwide audience of passionate and knowledgeable fans who crave high-quality professional wrestling content. With this announcement, we hope to make it even more convenient for them to enjoy our flagship series, premium specials and pay-per-view events, while also introducing the IMPACT Wrestling brand to even more sports enthusiasts across the globe.”

Said Veronica Diquattro, CEO of DAZN Global Markets: “We are incredibly excited to sign this multi-year partnership with Impact. This deal will see the promotion’s world-class professional wrestling content arrive on the DAZN platform in more than 170 countries worldwide, reinforcing our growing position as the global home of combat sports.”

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

It's meant to be pronounced Da Zone

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm going to pronounce it "dazzin" and you can't stop me.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Bonk posted:

I'm going to pronounce it "dazzin" and you can't stop me.

This is how I've always said it too, because if I hadn't been told it was DA ZONE I don't think it is possible to guess that's what it is.

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

PunishedEnzoMatrix posted:

Bit of her "older" Impact stuff courtesy of this Impact In 60 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W8IJJSAODY

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

The company signed an international partnership with DAZN

DAZN is the company who bought Eurosport a couple of years ago, which used to be the TV station that Impact aired on about 15 or so years ago, so Impact has once again 'improved' to a place they had already been before. Of course back then Impact also suffered from Eurosport basically changing Impact's Friday 10pm slot at least every other week, so at least things will be better since DAZN is such a reliable streamer *cough, cough*.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Eurosport used to show cave cycling races and other weirdo pursuits in the early hours on channel 4. That was cool

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Germansimp posted:

DAZN is the company who bought Eurosport a couple of years ago, which used to be the TV station that Impact aired on about 15 or so years ago, so Impact has once again 'improved' to a place they had already been before. Of course back then Impact also suffered from Eurosport basically changing Impact's Friday 10pm slot at least every other week, so at least things will be better since DAZN is such a reliable streamer *cough, cough*.

Wait, that's not right? Eurosport is owned by Discovery/Warner Brothers. DAZN is owned by Access Industries, some investment company which is owned by Len Blavatnik, who made his fortune in the disastrous sale of state industry following the collapse of the USSR. Thought to be the richest person in the UK.

Eurosport was the home of New Japan on European TV in the '90s.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Wait, that's not right? Eurosport is owned by Discovery/Warner Brothers. DAZN is owned by Access Industries, some investment company which is owned by Len Blavatnik, who made his fortune in the disastrous sale of state industry following the collapse of the USSR. Thought to be the richest person in the UK.

Eurosport was the home of New Japan on European TV in the '90s.

Okay, looked it up and seems it is a bit more complicated than I remembered, in that DAZN (at least for Germany) bought Eurosport's streaming rights, for sports shows DAZN is producing themselves, which they are streaming via the EurosportPlayer, available on JOYN, which is owned by the Warner cluster. At least I hope I got that right, since it seems there is another rights transfer coming up later this year from a British Discovery subsidiary to a German Discovery subsidiary.

Germansimp fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Dec 1, 2022

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1598134788799561729

Wrestling’s back baybee

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
MONSIEUR BAGUETTE

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Looking at the full card, it's pretty hilarious to see all the regular Impact folks with new gimmicks and names for that show, and then Johnny Swinger and Tommy Dreamer are just themselves. Then again, it's not like Dreamer has put any effort into anything during the last decade or so.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Pelvis Wesley

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Germansimp posted:

Looking at the full card, it's pretty hilarious to see all the regular Impact folks with new gimmicks and names for that show, and then Johnny Swinger and Tommy Dreamer are just themselves. Then again, it's not like Dreamer has put any effort into anything during the last decade or so.

The best part is Swinger does a “hot young rookie babyface” gimmick while looking exactly like himself.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RIP Eric Young

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1598512719203704832

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
So... EY came in, said there was a sickness in Impact, formed a group to eradicate it and wouldn't tolerate failure, then after losing a bunch of times EY said he was the sickness and a failure and that he must be eradicated from Impact?

It's all so very "Kevin Nash sent the text he'd spent months investigating".

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

He didn’t lose a bunch of times at first or for a while, they had success and they won the tag titles twice. The last few months was the killer, he couldn’t win the world belt, he couldn’t help them regain the tag belts, and last week even with two new members helping him beforehand he still got his rear end kicked and incredibly bloodied by Sami Callihan

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Poor Eric was destroyed by the cancer taking out Joe Doering :(

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Chris James 2 posted:

He didn’t lose a bunch of times at first or for a while, they had success and they won the tag titles twice. The last few months was the killer, he couldn’t win the world belt, he couldn’t help them regain the tag belts, and last week even with two new members helping him beforehand he still got his rear end kicked and incredibly bloodied by Sami Callihan
Ominous culty gimmicks always start that way, then falter when they have no plans to put the world belt on their leader. They come in talking big about how they're taking over, but they clearly have a ceiling (usually tag or midcard belts), and once they hit it, bookers don't know what to do with them.

The same just happened with Honor No More, and the original run of the Wyatt Family. Even Dark Order, but I do think they wanted the belt on Brodie eventually, or at least push the TNT as equivalent. House of Black is starting to face the same problem if they don't put the belt on Malakai at some point. Or if a company doesn't want the top belt on them, use them to take out people who were already leaving the company, or oust the onscreen authority figures.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

That’s why Mil Muertes and Catrina are the only successful cultist wrestlers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Throwback Throwdown was a success btw

Monsieur Baguette
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1598861526374354944

Rapid Delivery Pete
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1598846668983586816

And construction workers Bill Ding and Jack Hammer had a bitter Punch The Clock match in the aftermath of their relationship dissolving after a home they made collapsed onto civilians
https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1598850125526286336

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
That's the most charismatic I've ever seen Speedball. Foreign heel suits him way better than 80s karate guy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1601030819220291584

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

NOTE: This match got bumped to next week due to a MOTYC happening

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like they're posting the whole match to YouTube shortly.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1601245293747601408

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

good good i wanted to watch that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Good news!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzv4FIZw-ok

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I only really pay attention to Impact when I go to tapings if they’re in town, and tonight was that night and I now believe in Joe Hendry.

Every time someone grabs a chair in the future I’m going to remember ”Oh no, now he’s got the furniture!”

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Jonathan Gresham has signed with Impact Wrestling :woop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rich Swann's staying for at least two more years https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/rich-swann-signs-two-year-extension-impact-wrestling

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'll be honest - I'm somewhat surprised Swann re-signed. He's been a bit directionless for the past few months.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Current card for Hard To Kill (January 13)

Jonathan Gresham vs Eddie Edwards
Trey Miguel defends the X title against Black Taurus
Jordynne Grace defends the Knockouts title against Mickie James; if Mickie loses she retires
Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) defend the tag titles in an elimination fourway against Heath & Rhino, Major Players (Matt Cardona and Brian Myers), and Bullet Club (Chris Bey and Ace Austin)
Josh Alexander defends the world title against Bully Ray in Full Metal Mayhem

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Brian Myers extended through next year

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Don West passed away :(

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Edward Mass posted:

Don West passed away :(

Yeah just found out. RIP to a great one. Many fond memories of Don West and Mike Tenay on TNA.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
It’s official - Josh Alexander’s reign as Impact World Champion is longer than anyone else in the title’s history. If he makes it past Hard to Kill still champion, there’s only one stretch goal left - Jeff Jarrett’s Reign of Terror as NWA World Heavyweight Champion from 2004-2005.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Edward Mass posted:

It’s official - Josh Alexander’s reign as Impact World Champion is longer than anyone else in the title’s history. If he makes it past Hard to Kill still champion, there’s only one stretch goal left - Jeff Jarrett’s Reign of Terror as NWA World Heavyweight Champion from 2004-2005.

Well, that gives me hope that JJ won't be in AEW for too long since obviously he'll have to return to Impact and El Kabong Alexander in the head to protect his record.