Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's the king of the lizard wizards?
Oddments
KG/LW
Infest the Rats Nest
Butterfly 3000
Omnium Gatherum
View Results

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
!!!!!!!!!

ijust found out last night that King Gizzard is playing two 3-hour shows, tonight and tomorrow night, at red rocks

this is, like, legitimately the most exciting thing to ever happen

send me a PM if you wanna meet up for real

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've got my Dream Theatre Live at Budokan (2004) DVD right here, OP. I don't think anyone will ever top that performance so a big NO THANKS

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I wish, that sounds awesome. We went and saw Erykah Badu at RR in June, I love that venue.

I'm gonna go see Om on Saturday, though, pretty pumped for that one.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I saw them like 6 years ago or something like that, they were awesome then and i bet they're even better now

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Poohs Packin posted:

I've got my Dream Theatre Live at Budokan (2004) DVD right here, OP. I don't think anyone will ever top that performance so a big NO THANKS

"for the first time in a long time... it's about the music" was the tagline for the Dream Theatre ad in the back of the heavy metal magazine

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I've never been to red rocks. What's that I'm looking at?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

no but i'm seeing them in DC in a few weeks which will be very fun

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Milo and POTUS posted:

I've never been to red rocks. What's that I'm looking at?

That looks waaaayyyy bigger than redrocks. :eyepop:

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm super jealous op, the new album kills live from what I've heard.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

That looks waaaayyyy bigger than redrocks. :eyepop:

Looks like AI art

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Dream Theatre is a really classic soundtrack to my "getting zero pussy" years

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
my friend told me he loves king gizzard but i got lazy and didn't look up what kind of genre they are . the name sounds like it's kinda hard rock-ish maybe 70s or 90s inspired? how close am i?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
hope it stops you making more threads OP

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

precision posted:

"for the first time in a long time... it's about the music" was the tagline for the Dream Theatre ad in the back of the heavy metal magazine

Rock festival at the ancient lost city of Petra, Jordan AI prompt lookin good

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.

Strange Poon posted:

my friend told me he loves king gizzard but i got lazy and didn't look up what kind of genre they are . the name sounds like it's kinda hard rock-ish maybe 70s or 90s inspired? how close am i?

Depends on what month it is. Seriously, they put out five albums in 2017, and four this year (including a double) with another scheduled. Their stuff generally has a solid psych rock revival core (late 60s/early 70s kind of thing), but they've done folky albums and light jazz albums too so it basically comes down to whatever you're listening to at that minute.

I like Nonagon Infinity the best, but that was 2018 and so 14 albums ago.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I wanted to be there badly. Sadly I'm not.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Poohs Packin posted:

Looks like AI art

Why would AI put a chroma key on it unless they were a total dickwad? :thunk:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That keeps showing up on things, so I guess one of them does it

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

King gizz fuckin rules and ive seen them a couple times

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
first show was amazing, but i left early because i was getting a headache and i'm planning on seeing the second show anyhow

got last minute ticket for $50, love the Red Rocks website

there was like a biliion people there... i had no idea KG were that popular. i mean the place was actually full

need to find the person selling LSD this time

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
view from the third row

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I have no idea how the gently caress king gizzard manages to put out 46 albums in a 6 month span. I think they might have made some kind of unholy deal with the devil.

Saalkin fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 11, 2022

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i don't like monarchs op

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

kntfkr posted:

i don't like monarchs op

bands who play with 2 drummers are awesome, and KG is super sweet 100% of the time, even if they're not using 2 drummers cuz one quit.

see: Melvins when Big Business were in the band. Erykah Badu actually had 2 drummers at RR in June and it was great.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

When King Gizzard plays live do they usually do their latest albums or is it a mix? They're so insanely prolific that I have to wonder what the selection process is like

My favorites are Nonagon Infinity, Polygondwanaland and Infest the Rats' Nest. The latter has been one of my most listened to albums for the past couple of years because it is just the ultimate workout jam music and I recommend it as a starting point, but honestly they don't have much bad music. Gumboot Soup is probably one of my least favorite but two of my friends that are fans put it in their top three, so your mileage may vary.

Just looking at their Spotify page I see they have like three new albums I haven't listened to and I did a deep dive like 6-8 months ago lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
instead of going to the second night, i went and saw an awesome French metal band called SLIFT

they were fuckin amazing. venue was a very small bar so my face was appropriately melted. it was seriously one of the best shows (musically) i've ever seen, every song was 47 minutes long. up there with Acid Mothers Temple

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

MrQwerty posted:

bands who play with 2 drummers are awesome, and KG is super sweet 100% of the time, even if they're not using 2 drummers cuz one quit.

see: Melvins when Big Business were in the band. Erykah Badu actually had 2 drummers at RR in June and it was great.

3 drummers is way too many though

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

precision posted:

Wtf this is a sick place for shows. Where is that?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

shut up blegum posted:

Wtf this is a sick place for shows. Where is that?

Gimages says red rocks but it doesnt look like anything on the wikipedia page

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

Gimages says red rocks but it doesnt look like anything on the wikipedia page

Idk what that is unless it's AI, this is red rocks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
You see the color bar at the bottom right corner? That's like a watermark for Dall-E i think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MrQwerty posted:

Idk what that is unless it's AI, this is red rocks

Those rocks are red, reckon. :clint: